Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Assign variable for INSERT INTO statement Post 302463567 by Neo on Monday 18th of October 2010 03:29:35 AM
Old 10-18-2010
IMO, you are better off to use a scripting language with built-in database support, like PERL or PHP.

I do a lot of database programming (MySQL) and use PHP (and never use KSH or other shell scripts for SQL DB support).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How is use sselect statement o/p in insert statement.

Hi All, I am using Unix ksh script. I need to insert values to a table using the o/p from a slelect statement. Can anybody Help! My script looks like tihs. ---`sqlplus -s username/password@SID << EOF set heading off set feedback off set pages 0 insert into ${TB_NAME}_D... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkosaraju
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in insert statement

hi, When i try to run the code below, i get the following error "ksh: syntax error: `(' unexpected" i am not able to figure it out. Can anyone help me? Code: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragavhere
2 Replies

3. Programming

Dynamic Insert statement

I have a form , where i will put the values to a table. I wrote a insert statement for the same. Table structure is ename | character varying(30) | eadd | character varying(30) | eid | integer | sal | integer In the statements, i don't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i assign an select statement into a variable?

I am trying to assign an select statement into a variable. Can someone hel me with this. example : a='select * from dual' echo $a should give me select * from dual But this is not working. I trying with \ before * and quotes too. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign awk's variable to shell script's variable?

Dear All, we have a command output which looks like : Total 200 queues in 30000 Kbytes and we're going to get "200" and "30000" for further process. currently, i'm using : numA=echo $OUTPUT | awk '{print $2}' numB=echo $OUTPUT | awk '{print $5}' my question is : can I use just one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiger2000
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert numbers to a in between statement

Hi Guys, I want to create a shell script that will give me the output below. I want to insert the numbers from the input file to my url addresses below. And from the numbers below, I want to separate the last digit with a period (i.e. from 222222222222 to 22222222222.2). Appreciate any help.... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinpe
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert date in a statement?

Hi Guys, Can somebody help me in inserting today's DATE format (20110709) in my awk statement. I have a script but its not working. inputfile.txt: 269,1,0,AAA,430 231,2,0,BBB,430 252,3,0,CCC,430 214,4,0,DDD,430 script.sh #!/bin/bash DATE="`date +%Y%m%d`" cd /var/opt/ (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinpe
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert a space and assign the value to another variable?

Hello, I need to insert a space between 2 strings. I used many techniques and all of them worked but when I assign the value to another variable then the inserted space vanishes, strange! Please advise. # dat=`date |awk '{print $2,$3}'` # echo $dat Nov 3 The above is perfectly fine. Now... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can I assign awk's variable to shell script's variable?

I have the following script, and I want to assign the output ($10 and $5) from awk to N and L: grdinfo data.grd | awk '{print $10,$5}'| read N L output from gridinfo data.grd is: data.grd 50 100 41 82 -2796 6944 0.016 0.016 3001 2461. where N and L is suppose to be 3001 and 100. I use... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: geomarine
8 Replies
MYSQL_GET_CLIENT_INFO(3)						 1						  MYSQL_GET_CLIENT_INFO(3)

mysql_get_client_info - Get MySQL client info

SYNOPSIS
Warning This extension is deprecated as of PHP 5.5.0, and will be removed in the future. Instead, the MySQLi or PDO_MySQL extension should be used. See also MySQL: choosing an API guide and related FAQ for more information. Alternatives to this function include: omysqli_get_client_info(3) o PDO::getAttribute string mysql_get_client_info (void ) DESCRIPTION
mysql_get_client_info(3) returns a string that represents the client library version. The MySQL client version. Example #1 mysql_get_client_info(3) example <?php printf("MySQL client info: %s ", mysql_get_client_info()); ?> The above example will output something similar to: MySQL client info: 3.23.39 mysql_get_host_info(3), mysql_get_proto_info(3), mysql_get_server_info(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQL_GET_CLIENT_INFO(3)