Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to append line with sed?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to append line with sed? Post 302463485 by cola on Sunday 17th of October 2010 07:21:51 PM
Old 10-17-2010
How to append line with sed?

Input:
Code:
gstreamer-plugins-good
gstreamer-plugins-bad
gstreamer-plugins-ugly

Output should be:
Code:
gstreamer-plugins-good gstreamer-plugins-bad gstreamer-plugins-ugly

How can it be done with sed?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using SED to append character to each line

Hey - my first post here, and I'm a total SED newb. I've looked around for previous help on this, but have so far been unsuccessful. I have a program (AMStracker for OS X) that outputs data in the terminal. Output is in this form: . . . 3 0 -75 3 0 -76 3 0 -77 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: c0nn0r
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using sed to append text to the end of each line

Anyone know how to use SED to append a comma to the end of each line example: field1,field2,field3,field4 If i Cat /textfile ---- How can i append the end of /textfile with a comman? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Redg
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed : identify a pattern and append a word at the end of a line

Hello to all, On aix, I want to identify a term on a line in a file and then add a word at the end of the line identified. I do not want the word to be added when the line contains the symbol "#". I use the following command, but it deletes the term identified then adds the word. #sed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantares
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed - append text to every line

Hi all I tried this on an old version of sed on NCR Unix MP-RAS: sed -e "s/$/nnn/" file1 >file2 This file (file1): the cat sat on the mat. the cat sat on the mat. the cat sat on the mat. becomes this (file2): the cat sat on the mat.nnn the cat sat on the mat.nnn nnn the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgrogan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed append without using new line

im trying to append to the end of the line using sed but I want to do it without creating a new line the text to which I want to append is all in capital letters. I want to do something like this: LINE]Foo but when I do this: //a\ ] Foo it prints foo on a new line: LINE ]Foo ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrjavoman
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to append on specific line in password file

I have the a group file and my ftp group line looks like this ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slufoot80
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED and Solaris Append line to the end of File does not work

Hello, I have to add a new line at the end of a File on Solaris-System: I think my script should be right, because I evaluated it to other threads. However the script does not what I am expected it should do. My file might look like this: Line1 Line2 Line3 And my script could... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Timo_HR
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - append line after block

Hi, I posted in another section, but no reply yet. I have an ini file with sections denoted as follows (for example) blah=blah blee=blee bloo=bloo blur=blur blaa=blaa I have ksh script that needs to append a line ${line} to the end of section ${section} I saw this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: andyatit
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to find and append or insert on SAME line

Hi, $ cat f1 My name is Bruce and my surname is I want to use SED to find “Bruce” and then append “ Lee” to the end of the line in which “Bruce” is found Then a more tricky one…. I want to INSERT ….a string… in to a line in which I find sometihng. So example $ cat f2 My name is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imre
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to append word at end of line

hello Team, I am looking for sed command or script which will append word at end of line. for example. I want to validate particular filesystem with mount |<filesystem name> command. if nodev parameter is not there then it should add in the fstab file with receptive to the filesystem. # mount... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghpradeep
8 Replies
gstreamer-properties(1) 					   User Commands					   gstreamer-properties(1)

NAME
gstreamer-properties - set GStreamer audio/visual preferences SYNOPSIS
gstreamer-properties [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
The GStreamer preference tool enables you to select the Default source and sink plugins for audio and visual media. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more information. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gstreamer-properties Executable for gstreamer-properties ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-media-apps | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnome-control-center(1), gst-feedback(1), gst-inspect(1), gst-launch(1), gst-typefind(1), gst-xmlinspect(1), gst-xmllaunch(1), libgstreamer-0.10(3), attributes(5), gnome-std-options(5), gst-std-options(5) NOTES
Original man page written by the GStreamer team at http://www.gstreamer.net/. Updated by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004, 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 09 Nov 2007 gstreamer-properties(1)