Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create a table using shell scripting Post 302463390 by drl on Sunday 17th of October 2010 08:39:14 AM
Old 10-17-2010
Hi.

If you are asking about printing "graph" paper, see:

Printable Paper

Print Free Graph Paper

or other similar pages:

Top 10 Printable Paper Productivity Tools

however, if you are asking about formatting data into tables, see (for example):
Code:
man tbl
tbl - format tables for troff

otherwise, please restate your question. Best wishes ... cheers, drl

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to create file from shell scripting

Hi, I want to create a file from a shell script. the data for the file will come from variables. that is the file format is like, var1-value var2_value ... that is, var1_value should be placed in first 10 spaces and var2_value should be placed in next 8 columns like that. is there... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: smr_rashmy
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create DB table through shell script

Hi, Can anyone tell me that, How to create table in Oracle database through shell script(ksh). Table contains 3 fields, 1] Emp ID, String, primary key 2] Name, String 3] B Date, date. Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poonamol
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can we create a string table in bash shell ?

Hello, How can we write the pseudo code below using Bash shell scripting? table = ; i=0; do{ grep table h.txt; }while(i<3); or table = ; i=0; for(i=0;i<3;i++) grep table h.txt; (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbgork
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the file size and count of a table using shell scripting?

Hi there, im a beginner to the shell scripting.i trying to extract a table from a db(IMD) and i have to get the count of that table and size of the file. can you help me out how to write the shall scriping for the above query. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawanmamidi
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to update a Oracle table through shell scripting?

My Code is get_week_date() { `sqlplus -s ${DQM_SQL_LOGON}@${DQM_SID} << EOF SET ECHO OFF SET FEEDBACK OFF SET PAGES 0 SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SET VERIFY OFF SET TRIMSPOOL ON (update file_level_qc fq set FQ.DATA_FILE_NAME='Hyvee_Pharmacy_Solutions_201304_v1.txt'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthick.cho
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting unable to send the sql query data in table in body of email

I have written a shell script that calls below sql file. It is not sending the query data in table in the body of email. spool table_update.html; SELECT * FROM PROCESS_LOG_STATS where process = 'ActivateSubscription'; spool off; exit; Please use code tags next time for your code and data.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharanakumar
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help in populating output in table using shell scripting

Below is my code where i tried using table tag to print out put in table but its not working #!/bin/ksh #] && . ./.profile 2>/dev/null if test -f '.profile'; then . ./.profile; fi; #. .profile LOG_DIR=/app/rpx/jobs/scripts/just/logs sendEmail() { pzCType="$1";... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankit.mca.aaidu
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can i populate the record in to table using shell scripting?

LOG_DIR=/app/rpx/jobs/scripts/just/logs sendEmail() { pzCType="$1"; pzTitle="$2"; pzMsg="$3"; pzFrom="$4"; pzTo="$5"; pzFiles="$6"; pzReplyTo="$7" ( echo "From: $pzFrom\nTo: $pzTo\nSubject: $pzTitle${pzReplyTo:+\nReply-To: $pzReplyTo}" ] && echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankit.mca.aaidu
1 Replies

9. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Creation of Oracle table through shell scripting

Hi, I am trying to create a table through shell scripting . I used a command sqlplus -s to connect to sqlplus and user as sysdba. but there is a problem in it. can anyone please solve this . #!/bin/bash $(`sqlplus -s / as sysdba <<eof create table sample (id,int); insert into sample... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
1 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)