Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: EFI on BSDs problem
Special Forums Hardware Boot Loaders EFI on BSDs problem Post 302462936 by fpmurphy on Friday 15th of October 2010 10:19:48 AM
Old 10-15-2010
EFI loader only supports IA64 currently on FreeBSD. According to the FreeBSD Status report Q1/2010, work on supporting EFI booting on FreeBSD/i386 resumed. The boot loader can now read an ELF file from the EFI FAT partition and they are now working on trying to boot a kernel.

It would seem that what you want to do is not supported OOTB at present.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How to add Boot path for ALUA lun in EFI?

Hi All, I am trying to make a Boot from San setup on 11.31 IA64 (rx2660). The San array I am using is EMC Clariion with failover mode ALUA. Now, My setup is ready and I am able to boot my host from the Lun. I have 4 paths to my Lun from my host. Question is how do I add the entries in EFI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: barun agarwal
0 Replies

2. Solaris

EFI Disk labels on 3510 raid array

Hi Peeps, Can anyone help me an EFI lablel on a 3510 raid array that I cannot get rid of, format -e and label just asks you if you want to label it. Want an SMI label writing to it. Anyone got any ideas on how to remove the EFI label? Thanks in advance Martin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Installing using ZFS - need to remove EFI disk labels

What is the preferred way of doing this from a bare metal install? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LittleLebowski
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

Map EFI Internal Bootable DVD

Hi, I try to get hands on my new RX2600 HP Servers. For the cold installation of the HP-UX OS the mapping to the Internal Bootable DVD is gone in the EFI Shell. ON one of my two HP RX2600 Servers the entry stays there: EFI Boot Manager ver 1.10 Firmware ver 2.31 Please select a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdohn
2 Replies

5. Linux

Problem in displaying message on RHEL6 on EFI during PXE boot

Hi, I am doing PXE boot for RHEL6.4 on EFI and want to display custom messsage before loading vmlinuz and initrd.img, which is not working. boot server side (In case of BIOS client): In /var/lib/tftpboot/default file I am putting the message in below format: SAY hello world boot... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: indus123
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Trouble creating a disk partition slice (EFI)

Hi all, I am using SPARC Solaris 11.1 with EFI labelled disks. I am new to ZFS file systems and slightly stuck when trying to create a partition (slice) on one of my LUNs. EFI labels use sectors and blocks and I am not sure how exactly it works. From here I can try and create a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: selectstar
2 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Are the BSDs dying?

Source a quick google search making clear that this isn't really new, and if we look at our bsd Forum we see that its the only operation systems forum with the last comment dated to June last year, whereas all the others have more recent comments. One comment dated to 2014 is exactly what I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dodona
10 Replies
efi_ls(1M)																efi_ls(1M)

NAME
efi_ls - list EFI file information or contents of an EFI directory SYNOPSIS
devicefile] [path] DESCRIPTION
lists file information or contents of an EFI directory. The EFI file system is based on the FAT file system and used by the Itanium-based system BIOS to locate an HP-UX bootloader. See efi(4). lists filenames, last modified dates, and file sizes. devicefile should be a device file for an EFI volume. Given a path, determines whether the path is a file or a directory. For a file, lists the file by itself. For a directory, lists the contents of the directory. If no path is given, lists the root directory for EFI volume. A path should be relative to the root of the EFI volume specified by device- file, not to an HP-UX file system. Options recognizes the following option: devicefile is the device special file of the EFI file system to be listed. Without the option, uses the device file specified in the environment variable if it is defined. The option overrides the environment variable. RETURN VALUE
returns exit code 0 on success. Otherwise it prints a diagnostic message and returns nonzero. 0 Successful completion. >0 Error condition occurred. EXAMPLES
List a root directory of device file which contains an EFI file system: List a root directory of the persistent device file (see intro(7)), which contains an EFI file system: List the contents of directory of device file which contains an EFI file system: List information about the file of device file which contains an EFI file system: AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
efi_cp(1M), efi_fsinit(1M), efi_mkdir(1M), efi_rmdir(1M), efi_rm(1M), efi(4), intro(7). Itanium(R)-based Systems Only efi_ls(1M)