Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat INIT: cannot execute "/etc/X11/prefdm" Post 302462054 by halacil on Wednesday 13th of October 2010 05:48:07 AM
Old 10-13-2010
I cant get into single user mode( i dnt get bootloader screen). is it safe to run fsck in normal mode? do I have to unmount any partitions first?

Code:
# ls -l /mnt/sysimage | grep bin
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 12288 Sep 29 11:23 sbin
?r--rw-x 41112 16694 1305152 0 Feb 10 2055 bin

Last edited by halacil; 10-13-2010 at 07:29 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Solaris

How to resolve error "INIT: Cannot stat /etc/inittab, errno: 2"

Hi All, I am getting an error message when I execute command “zlogin -C sunsrv4z5” on my root server. INIT: Cannot stat /etc/inittab, errno: 2 INIT: Cannot stat /etc/inittab, errno: 2 As per my analysis it seems that some files inside /etc folder are deleted. This server was... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: surbhit4u
14 Replies

3. Solaris

X11 and "Cannot Open Display" errors

Greetings Forumers! I'm posting a solution to an Issue I ran into this week: Getting applications to display on another through X11 and SSH. I have run into this issue many years ago and finally found my notes. Some of you may already know the answer to this issue but it took me a while to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Red Hat

INIT: Id "x" respawning too fast

Hi, OS: Oracle Enterprise Linux 4 My system was working normal then when i reboot the machine the system started but it is halting the boot sequence with this message "INIT: Id "x" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes" Q: any solution to this reply is highly appreciated . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maooah
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] putty+x11:How do I pass X11 display rights to "su"?

I can log into a unix system with Putty. I've set the "X11 forwarding" checkbox, and I've verified that I can display an X11 window back on my laptop. What I need to be able to do is "su" to another uid after logging in and then run something which display a window back on my laptop, with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkarr
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
INIT(3) 							 GENPAT functions							   INIT(3)

NAME
INIT, GENPAT Package ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr SYNOPSIS
INIT("pattern_date","ident","value"); PARAMETERS
pattern_date : pattern date which may be either : integer (absolute date) or + integer (relative date, the date of the current pattern (last modified using INIT or AFFECT) is the reference). All dates are supposed to be expressed in the same time unit which may be set only once using SETTUNIT. ident Either the name of a bused register or a simple register. Path-name must be specified by the syntax : instance1.instance11.name value The value associated with the signal which may be either a based number (ex. 0B011 or 0H3F) or a decimal. DESCRIPTION
Initialize registers at indicated values and set current pattern. EXAMPLE
SETTUNIT("ns"); INIT( "25","regt","0B1"); INIT("+50","y 3 downto 0","0xF"); result : At simulation time 25 ns, the register named regt receive "1" regt <= B"1" ; < 25 ns> : .............; At simulation time +50 ns, (related to the date of the current pattern), the vector y is affected with the value 15 in decimal or F in hexadecimal. regt <= X"F" ; < 75 ns> : .............; SEE ALSO
genpat(1), pat(5), AFFECT(3) BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 October 1, 1997 INIT(3)