Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Simulate a ATM (cash machine) on UNIX(Putty) using scritps Post 302460944 by Neo on Friday 8th of October 2010 03:52:04 AM
Old 10-08-2010
This is a simple problem.

You simply use a shell script that runs and asks for a userid and pin number. Then, it asks how much they want to withdraw, checks balance, subtracts from balance, displays balance etc.

It is basically quite simple. Just start with a simple program to input a value from the shell, asking the user for input, and go from there.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

How can i simulate network problems between unix machines ?

Hello all i need to simulate method invocations between 2 machine ( using corba ) now i like to test the method invoke timeout from machine1 to machine2 for that i need to simulate network being busy , can it be done some how ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie: Simulate unix on my pc

Hi, i am new with unix. Just came back from a course, unix basics for aix. So for me to practice, i want to install a simulation program for unix om my Windows Xp pc. Dual boot must it be. Does anybody have a suggestion for this dummy??? Thnx! Paul (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: welbp00
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing through shell scritps

Hi, Am new to scripting. :) Am trying to figure out whether can i use bash scripting to parse an xml file. Parsing is not just pulling out information according to the pattern but its more of a generic parsing. I should identify the xml hierarchy and pull out information accordingly. It's not a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikvela
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PUTTY via UNIX script

HELP!!!! I want to execute a PUTTY telnet connection via UNIX script??? Any help please?? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tontal
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change the putty code to get machine and user name from a file

HI, I have parsed a file and stored all my machine name and user name in a list. Now I want to change in the putty code such that the machine name and user name can be passed through calling that one by one from tht list through an object. Then pass it to the place the putty takes user name... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: madfox
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a simple ATM (Cash machine simulation)

I need to create a simple ATM (Cash machine simulation in unix) which shows a welcome screen, then a login screen to enter 3 users details. help please on the coding The users details need to be in a txt file: the details are: (PIN No, First name last name, Account number, Balance, Histrosy) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oobla01
1 Replies

7. Programming

Tool to simulate non-sequential disk I/O (simulate db file sequential read) in C POSIX

Writing a Tool to simulate non-sequential disk I/O (simulate db file sequential read) in C POSIX I have over the years come across the same issue a couple of times, and it normally is that the read speed on SAN is absolutely atrocious when doing non-sequential I/O to the disks. Problem being of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrghost
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to transfer files from unix machine to local machine using shell script?

Hi All.. Am new to Unix!! Am creating a shell script in which a scenario is like i have transfer the output file from unix machine (Server) to local directory (Windows xp). And also i have to transfer the input file from the local directory to Unix machine (Server) Any help from you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Login from putty in wndows7 to connect ubuntu machine

hi, i have ubuntu installed on windows 7. I am trying to connecting to ubuntu from windows 7 using putty but it is giving network problem. I am trying to connect with ip address Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use shell command on Perl scritps?

On our OS I don't have Perl df command. How can I use shell commands from Perl scripts? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
6 Replies
balance(8)						      System Manager's Manual							balance(8)

NAME
balance - Balances the percentage of used space among volumes in a domain. SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/balance [-v] domain OPTIONS
Displays information on which files are being moved to different volumes. Selecting this option slows down the balance procedure. OPERANDS
Specifies the name of the AdvFS file domain. DESCRIPTION
The balance utility evenly distributes the percentage of used space between volumes in a multivolume domain. This improves performance and evens the distribution of future file allocations. Use the showfdmn command to determine the percentage of used space on each volume. This information allows you to determine the need to balance the volumes. The balance utility can be used at any time, but it is particularly useful after adding or removing a volume (addvol, rmvol) because these procedures can cause file distribution to become uneven. When you plan to run both the defragment and balance utilities on the same domain, run the balance utility before running the defragment utility. The balance utility often improves the balance of free space, thus enabling the defragment utility to run more quickly. Before you can balance volumes in a file domain, all filesets in the file domain must be mounted. If you try to balance volumes in an active file domain that includes unmounted filesets, the system displays an error message indicating that a fileset is unmounted. RESTRICTIONS
You must be the root user to use this utility. You cannot run the balance utility while the addvol, rmvol, defragment, rmfset, or balance utility is running on the same file domain. If you attempt to do this, a warning message is displayed. The balance utility does not operate on striped files in the domain and does not include them in its calculations on used space. EXAMPLES
The following example shows the procedure for determining the percentage of used space on each volume of the two-volume usr_domain file domain and then redistributing the files to balance the percentage of used space. The final showfdmn command shows the redistributed per- centage of used space. # showfdmn usr_domain Id Date Created LogPgs Domain Name 2dcab512.000d1ed0 Fri May 7 14:22:26 1999 512 usr_domain Vol 512-Blks Free % Used Cmode Rblks Wblks Vol Name 1L 819200 126848 85% on 128 128 /dev/dsk8g 2 768281 768080 0% on 128 128 /dev/dsk9d ---------- ---------- ------ 1587481 894928 44% # balance usr_domain balance: Balancing domain 'usr_domain' balance: Balanced domain 'usr_domain' # showfdmn usr_domain Id Date Created LogPgs Domain Name 2dcab512.000d1ed0 Fri May 7 14:22:26 1999 512 usr_domain Vol 512-Blks Free % Used Cmode Rblks Wblks Vol Name 1L 819200 459248 44% on 128 128 /dev/dsk8g 2 768281 433632 44% on 128 128 /dev/dsk9d ---------- ---------- ------ 1587481 892880 44% The files are now distributed more evenly between the two volumes. SEE ALSO
Commands: addvol(8), defragment(8), rmvol(8), showfdmn(8) balance(8)