Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how can I modify this script. Post 302460679 by michaelrozar17 on Thursday 7th of October 2010 09:59:56 AM
Old 10-07-2010
egrep- searches multiple items at the same time. Below is the syntax

Code:
egrep ciadev|absdev|absprod $TEMP

Though not sure of your requirement..hope something like below could help you to proceed further...

Code:
if [ "$TEMP" != "$0" ] 
then 
	for i in ciadev absdev absprod                
	do
		op=`grep $i $TEMP | cut -d '-' -f 3,4 | sed 's/uCiadev/Ciadev/g' | sed 's/-P//g'` 
	        echo $op >> $HOME/final/output.txt
	done 
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible in a shell script to modify itself ??

We are running a quiz and the data collected from the quiz is submitted to the database. My requirement is to write a shell script to get these submitted records. I should be able to run this shell script at any time and the records it returns should be the ones submitted after the script was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehgalniraj
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using a script to modify the crontab

I want to add one line to the end of my crontab using a script. I have tried piping in the editor commands, but I can't get it to work. crontab -e user << EX $a This is the text I want to add. . wq EX This doesn't work. Is there an easier way to do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnmsucpe
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify Perl script to work with txt - Permissions script

Hi I have this code, and i want work with a ls -shalR output in .txt What i need read to do this?? Where start? #!/usr/bin/perl # Allrights- A perl tool for making backups of file permissions # Copyright (C) 2005 Norbert Klein <norbert@acodedb.com> # This program is free... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joangopan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help to modify my script

Hi, I have a script which connect to ATM's and pull two files from the ATM. The which i try to pull is like PIC20085200001*.JPG First 7 digit consist of year montn and date as well After todays execution i want to change the date to next date I add few lines in the script but it is not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to modify /etc/shadow

Hi I am looking for script to modify /etc/shadow. For example: 1-)User enters username 2-)The line of that user is found in /etc/shadow and *LK* is added infront of the second field in /etc/shadow. How can I do this? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjay83
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Need help with script when trying to modify user

The script get a csv file with 2 colls for example: 123456,UNIX 963852,Microsoft the script supose to put the number in the Description of the user in this case UNIX or Microsoft the error i get is does not exist.OR: UNIX does not exist.OR: Microsoft but the users exist so i do not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shatztal
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify /etc/passwd via script

We have a business need to modify the /etc/passwd file every time a new user gets added, because the user ID begins with a zero. When you create the new user in smit, even if you put the leading zero in, it does not retain it when the entry is added. That being said, I need to create a script... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mshilling
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me to modify my script in stdout

please help me to modify my script #! /bin/bash while read line do echo "$line" >>/tmp/result && mysql -ss -e "use $line; select count(*) from users where type='admin' and deleted = 0;" > /tmp/result; done < /tmp/db_data cat result alan_hardwsdefs 2 bgrmods 2 claudiatdsefs 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unimaxlin
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify sed script

I'm trying to take out strings from log files and add them to a csv. For example, in the directory now, there are 2 log files. I get the following results: sed -e '/custodian/b' -e '/packaged by/b' -e '/package name/b' -e '/Total Data (MB) Read/b' -e '/Begin Time/b' -e d * packaged by =... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipperuga
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify the file by script

Hi All, I have an input file like below, 6984 1225 6989 1220 6994 1214 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
3 Replies
SHCOMP(1)						       Korn shell utilities							 SHCOMP(1)

NAME
shcomp - compile a shell script SYNOPSIS
shcomp [ options ] [infile [outfile]] DESCRIPTION
Unless -D is specified, shcomp takes a shell script, infile, and creates a binary format file, outfile, that ksh can read and execute with the same effect as the original script. Since aliases are processed as the script is read, alias definitions whose value requires variable expansion will not work correctly. If -D is specified, all double quoted strings that are preceded by $ are output. These are the messages that need to be translated to locale specific versions for internationalization. If outfile is omitted, then the results will be written to standard output. If infile is also omitted, the shell script will be read from standard input. OPTIONS
[D dictionary] Generate a list of strings that need to be placed in a message catalog for internationalization. [n noexec] Displays warn- ing messages for obsolete or non-conforming constructs. [v verbose] Displays input from infile onto standard error as it reads it. EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. SEE ALSO
ksh(1) IMPLEMENTATION
version shcomp (AT&T Research) 2003-03-02 author David Korn <dgk@research.att.com> copyright Copyright (c) 1982-2010 AT&T Intellectual Property license http://www.opensource.org/licenses/cpl1.0.txt 2003-03-02 SHCOMP(1)