Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need help with rewrite rule
Top Forums Web Development Need help with rewrite rule Post 302460648 by BSrikanthB on Thursday 7th of October 2010 01:43:32 PM
Old 10-07-2010
I have tried using the rewite rule you have suggested.But, it still does not work.

I actually wanted all requests to be redirected to the maintenace.html,except the image that I have tried using in the maintenace.html.

Below is the Rewrite rule
Code:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule !(/images/image.jpg) /maintenance.html
RewriteRule .* /maintenance.html

Thanks,
Srikanth Bodakunta.

---------- Post updated at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:42 PM ----------

The below rewrite condition worked for me.....

Code:
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/image.jpg  
RewrtiteRule ^/.* /maintenance.html

Thanks a lot.....
This User Gave Thanks to BSrikanthB For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I rewrite to use a while instead of find?

for FILE in `find /home/Upload/*` Need to use a while instead to prevent errors when the file is emptied (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodmis
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep help, how do i rewrite this

Thanks , franklin you method worked, i knew i had to use a while loop and getline in there just didnt know the proper order :) Hi everyone, im trying to make the following command line shorter by introducing a script that join up all the grep commands ./new1a < numbers.txt | grep -i -v '^a '... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: weezybaby
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rewrite date

I'm looking to have function that takes the present month and rewrites it into this form: _06_ (june), _09_ (september), and so on.. I would like this to be a my $this_month=code that rewrites date function because I would like to be a able to call it multiple times in the script by writing... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: marringi
5 Replies

4. Web Development

.htaccess Rewrite Rule

Hello All, I have been asked to create a .htaccess redirect. I have never attempted to work with one of these files. We have a pretty vanilla LAMP setup using rhel4 apache1.3 and php4.2.3. I was instructed to place the .htaccess file in the document root of the site and and to attempt to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Apache rewrite rule help needed

Hi All, I want to redirect from http://localhost/abc/xyz/def?cc=dk&lc=da to http://localhost/abc/mnc/pdf?cc=dk&lc=da. Please suggest a rewrite rule. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagnikam
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[SOLVED] htaccess rewrite rule help!

hi there, I need that when user input mysite.com/ponuka/AAA2869 it shows mysite.com/ukaz.php?ponuka=AAA2869 because of facebook likes, and I found out that this is set up as rewrite rule in .htaccess file? how to achieve it? thank you... :confused: ---------- Post updated at 04:47... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vogueestylee
0 Replies

7. Web Development

Rewrite Rule looping error

Hi, I have a domain "test.example.com" and i wanted to redirect only request like "test.example.com /index.html" to "test.example.com/index.html?NEW=1". Please note that a extra string "?NEW=1" added at the end of the URL. So Request for http://test.example.com/index.html REDIRECTS TO... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paulwintech
12 Replies

8. Web Development

ReWrite rule giving a hard time.

Hi all, I am trying to find a rewrite rule that can help me with the following situation. So I am currently on a page which has a URL: http://www.test.mobile.com/#!/shop/phones/max-plus/features/ Now when I hover over a certain link, I can see that it will goto: <a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
0 Replies
MAILCAP.ORDER(5)                                               Order Mailcap Entries                                              MAILCAP.ORDER(5)

NAME
/etc/mailcap.order - the mailcap ordering specifications DESCRIPTION
The order of entries in the /etc/mailcap file can be altered by editing the /etc/mailcap.order file. Each line of that file specifies a package and an optional mime type. Mailcap entries that match will be placed in the order of this file. Entries that don't match will be placed later. Example mime-support:*/* gv:application/postscript netscape:text/html less:text/* emacs:text/* The above would make any entries provided by the mime-support package (as found in the /usr/lib/mime/packages directory) take priority over everything else. The gv package will be used over anything else when it comes to postscript documents. Netscape will be used for any html documents and less will be used for any remaining text documents. However, since neither netscape or less provide for editing documents, any edit or compose actions will fall through to the emacs rules. After modifying this file, be sure to run /usr/sbin/update-mime (as root) to propagate the changes into the /etc/mailcap file. Remember that this files takes package names and not executable names. If you want to define rules that reference specific programs, the best way is to include them in ~/.mailcap or the user section of the /etc/mailcap file. LIMITATIONS
There is currently no way to break out a certain type from a wildcard rule. If, for example, both xv and gimp were to specify "image/*" rules, it isn't possible to use xv for gif images but use gimp for jpeg images. Also, I would like to add the ability to specify certain actions in the rules. For example, if netscape were to have an edit rule but I wanted to use emacs for editing/creating html documents, I could place a line like emacs:text/* action=edit|compose before the netscape entry. The update-mime program would then spit out entries such that netscape view rule comes before the emacs view rule but have the netscape edit rule comes after the emacs edit rule. SEE ALSO
mailcap(5) run-mailcap(1) update-mime(8) AUTHOR
The mailcap.order specification was written by Brian White <bcwhite@pobox.com> Debian Project 16th Aug 1998 MAILCAP.ORDER(5)