Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] Read a .gz file line by line without using gzcat Post 302460042 by aikhaman on Wednesday 6th of October 2010 01:25:51 AM
Old 10-06-2010
Bug

Thanks Guys For ur Replies..
the problem i had was gzcat was not installed in my system and was not able to figure out the solution for a line by line processing . your posts solved my problem SmilieSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to read a line in gps receiver log file and append that line to new file

Hi, I have gps receiver log..its giving readings .like below Trying 127.0.0.1... Connected to localhost. Escape character is '^]'. GPSD,R=1 $GPGSV,3,1,11,08,16,328,40,11,36,127,00,28,33,283,39,20,11,165,00*71... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gudivada213
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: read file line by line (lines have '\0') - not full line has read???

I am using the while-loop to read a file. The file has lines with null-terminated strings (words, actually.) What I have by that reading - just a first word up to '\0'! I need to have whole string up to 'new line' - (LF, 10#10, 16#A) What I am doing wrong? #make file 'grb' with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Problem in reading a file line by line till it reaches a white line

So, I want to read line-by-line a text file with unknown number of files.... So: a=1 b=1 while ; do b=`sed -n '$ap' test` a=`expr $a + 1` $here do something with b etc done the problem is that sed does not seem to recognise the $a, even when trying sed -n ' $a p' So, I cannot read... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file line by line and process the line to generate another file

Hi, i have file which contains data as below(Only sample shown, it may contain more data similar to the one shown here) i need to read this file line by line and generate an output file like the one below i.e based on N value the number of MSISDNs will vary, if N=1 then the following... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to read a text file line by line & process it...

Hi , I am trying to write an shell, which reads a text file (from a location) having a list of numbers of strictly 5 digits only ex: 33144 Now my script will check : 1) that each entry is only 5 digits & numeric only, no alphabets, & its not empty. 2)then it executes a shell script called... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_to_shell
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read the contents of two files line by line and compare the line by line?

Hi All, I'm trying to figure out which are the trusted-ips and which are not using a script file.. I have a file named 'ip-list.txt' which contains some ip addresses and another file named 'trusted-ip-list.txt' which also contains some ip addresses. I want to read a line from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Not able to read the next line from a file after doing ssh

Hi, I am trying to write a code, where it reads the jobnames from a file and checks for the logs in the server. If the log is not found in the first server, then it will ssh to the 2nd server and get the details from there. I will need to save the date in a variable. But the problem is that,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayakunuri
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] While read line and if statement not working

I'm looking for some help in figuring why my little bit of code will not process any entries other then the first one in my list. while read line ;do hostname=${line//\"} a=`ssh user@$hostname uptime;echo $?` if ];then dt=`date` touch... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: whegra
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line...

Hello, I need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line... An example of entries in the file would be: SRVXPAPI001 ERRO JUN24 07:28:34 1775 REASON= 0000, PROCID= #E506 #1065: TPCIPPR, INDEX= 003F ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ferocci
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read file line by line and compare subset of 1st line with 2nd?

Hi all, I have a log file say Test.log that gets updated continuously and it has data in pipe separated format. A sample log file would look like: <date1>|<data1>|<url1>|<result1> <date2>|<data2>|<url2>|<result2> <date3>|<data3>|<url3>|<result3> <date4>|<data4>|<url4>|<result4> What I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat_pramod
3 Replies
sgelsd.f(3)							      LAPACK							       sgelsd.f(3)

NAME
sgelsd.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine sgelsd (M, N, NRHS, A, LDA, B, LDB, S, RCOND, RANK, WORK, LWORK, IWORK, INFO) SGELSD computes the minimum-norm solution to a linear least squares problem for GE matrices Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine sgelsd (integerM, integerN, integerNRHS, real, dimension( lda, * )A, integerLDA, real, dimension( ldb, * )B, integerLDB, real, dimension( * )S, realRCOND, integerRANK, real, dimension( * )WORK, integerLWORK, integer, dimension( * )IWORK, integerINFO) SGELSD computes the minimum-norm solution to a linear least squares problem for GE matrices Purpose: SGELSD computes the minimum-norm solution to a real linear least squares problem: minimize 2-norm(| b - A*x |) using the singular value decomposition (SVD) of A. A is an M-by-N matrix which may be rank-deficient. Several right hand side vectors b and solution vectors x can be handled in a single call; they are stored as the columns of the M-by-NRHS right hand side matrix B and the N-by-NRHS solution matrix X. The problem is solved in three steps: (1) Reduce the coefficient matrix A to bidiagonal form with Householder transformations, reducing the original problem into a "bidiagonal least squares problem" (BLS) (2) Solve the BLS using a divide and conquer approach. (3) Apply back all the Householder tranformations to solve the original least squares problem. The effective rank of A is determined by treating as zero those singular values which are less than RCOND times the largest singular value. The divide and conquer algorithm makes very mild assumptions about floating point arithmetic. It will work on machines with a guard digit in add/subtract, or on those binary machines without guard digits which subtract like the Cray X-MP, Cray Y-MP, Cray C-90, or Cray-2. It could conceivably fail on hexadecimal or decimal machines without guard digits, but we know of none. Parameters: M M is INTEGER The number of rows of A. M >= 0. N N is INTEGER The number of columns of A. N >= 0. NRHS NRHS is INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrices B and X. NRHS >= 0. A A is REAL array, dimension (LDA,N) On entry, the M-by-N matrix A. On exit, A has been destroyed. LDA LDA is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array A. LDA >= max(1,M). B B is REAL array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) On entry, the M-by-NRHS right hand side matrix B. On exit, B is overwritten by the N-by-NRHS solution matrix X. If m >= n and RANK = n, the residual sum-of-squares for the solution in the i-th column is given by the sum of squares of elements n+1:m in that column. LDB LDB is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,max(M,N)). S S is REAL array, dimension (min(M,N)) The singular values of A in decreasing order. The condition number of A in the 2-norm = S(1)/S(min(m,n)). RCOND RCOND is REAL RCOND is used to determine the effective rank of A. Singular values S(i) <= RCOND*S(1) are treated as zero. If RCOND < 0, machine precision is used instead. RANK RANK is INTEGER The effective rank of A, i.e., the number of singular values which are greater than RCOND*S(1). WORK WORK is REAL array, dimension (MAX(1,LWORK)) On exit, if INFO = 0, WORK(1) returns the optimal LWORK. LWORK LWORK is INTEGER The dimension of the array WORK. LWORK must be at least 1. The exact minimum amount of workspace needed depends on M, N and NRHS. As long as LWORK is at least 12*N + 2*N*SMLSIZ + 8*N*NLVL + N*NRHS + (SMLSIZ+1)**2, if M is greater than or equal to N or 12*M + 2*M*SMLSIZ + 8*M*NLVL + M*NRHS + (SMLSIZ+1)**2, if M is less than N, the code will execute correctly. SMLSIZ is returned by ILAENV and is equal to the maximum size of the subproblems at the bottom of the computation tree (usually about 25), and NLVL = MAX( 0, INT( LOG_2( MIN( M,N )/(SMLSIZ+1) ) ) + 1 ) For good performance, LWORK should generally be larger. If LWORK = -1, then a workspace query is assumed; the routine only calculates the optimal size of the array WORK and the minimum size of the array IWORK, and returns these values as the first entries of the WORK and IWORK arrays, and no error message related to LWORK is issued by XERBLA. IWORK IWORK is INTEGER array, dimension (MAX(1,LIWORK)) LIWORK >= max(1, 3*MINMN*NLVL + 11*MINMN), where MINMN = MIN( M,N ). On exit, if INFO = 0, IWORK(1) returns the minimum LIWORK. INFO INFO is INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value. > 0: the algorithm for computing the SVD failed to converge; if INFO = i, i off-diagonal elements of an intermediate bidiagonal form did not converge to zero. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: November 2011 Contributors: Ming Gu and Ren-Cang Li, Computer Science Division, University of California at Berkeley, USA Osni Marques, LBNL/NERSC, USA Definition at line 210 of file sgelsd.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.1 Sun May 26 2013 sgelsd.f(3)