Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Boot Loaders PXE boot not taking the init= option Post 302459499 by fpmurphy on Monday 4th of October 2010 09:19:38 PM
Old 10-04-2010
Glad you got it working.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

PXE boot port issue

Hi,all: I want to boot an IA unix box from network, I am sure I set the DHCP and boot server, but it still failed ! It says : Client MAC Address: 00 18 FE 28 91 82 .....- PXE-E16: Valid PXE offer not received. Load of Core LAN Gb A failed: Not Found I use the nettl command to trace the UDP... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluepluto
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

option followed by : taking next option if argument missing with getopts

Hi all, I am parsing command line options using getopts. The problem is that mandatory argument options following ":" is taking next option as argument if it is not followed by any argument. Below is the script: while getopts :hd:t:s:l:p:f: opt do case "$opt" in -h|-\?)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is PXE boot bare-metal

hi members i am reading RHEL and i am unable to under stand about PXE boot and bare metal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wagmare
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Setting up a PXE Boot Server

I've set up a PXE boot server and I'm having a slight snag in the booting process. On the client machine, DHCP renders fine and TFTP seems to begin but then the system hangs. On the server, the error message "Client does not accept options" occurs -- which from reading online is a common message... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Colton
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PXE diskless boot fails

Hi, I am trying to setup a server for a diskless boot of a computer class (with ubuntu) I followed the guidelines in https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DisklessUbuntuHowto I have two computers: one is the server I installed and the other is my macbook on which I run a virtual machine... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yotamhc
8 Replies

6. Solaris

PXE boot problems in Solaris 10

Hi folks, I was trying to setup Network based NFS installation with PXE. I'm using virtual box for this purpose. I have one redhat (DHCP) server and Solaris 10 (Install server - Source) and on the other one am trying to install solaris using PXE. As in, dhcp address and boot file can be fetched... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaytrendz
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Interactive PXE Boot Menu

I have been asked to modify our PXE server such that there will be only one entry in the pxelinux.cfg/default file, where the same kernel and initrd.img will be used regardless of what operating system is to be installed, and the user will type in the path to the kickstart file that will be used. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ceb
7 Replies

8. Red Hat

pxe boot server

Hi Hoping someone can help ove setup a pxe/dhcp boot server for auto installs on centos My server seems to be providing dhcp fine but the installation fails to progress when it reaches the pxe boot menu. I make my selection and nothing happens. I am serving the media via http from the same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: duckeggs01
3 Replies

9. Linux

Problem in displaying message on RHEL6 on EFI during PXE boot

Hi, I am doing PXE boot for RHEL6.4 on EFI and want to display custom messsage before loading vmlinuz and initrd.img, which is not working. boot server side (In case of BIOS client): In /var/lib/tftpboot/default file I am putting the message in below format: SAY hello world boot... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: indus123
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 boot failed init

Dear all, I have a solaris 10 in my environment (VMware virtual machine). recently I increased the harddisk size from the VMware and reboot my server. after reboot the os is unable to boot and gives the below error message. exec(/sbin/init) file not found press any key to restart ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna001
3 Replies
cd(1T)							       Tcl Built-In Commands							    cd(1T)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
cd - Change working directory SYNOPSIS
cd ?dirName? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Change the current working directory to dirName, or to the home directory (as specified in the HOME environment variable) if dirName is not given. Returns an empty string. Note that the current working directory is a per-process resource; the cd command changes the working directory for all interpreters and (in a threaded environment) all threads. EXAMPLES
Change to the home directory of the user fred: cd ~fred Change to the directory lib that is a sibling directory of the current one: cd ../lib SEE ALSO
filename(1T), glob(1T), pwd(1T) KEYWORDS
working directory ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWTcl | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Tcl is available on http://opensolaris.org. Tcl cd(1T)