Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk and POSIX character class Post 302459359 by alister on Monday 4th of October 2010 12:55:44 PM
Old 10-04-2010
In reference to your first example:
Code:
$ echo "./comparecdna.summary" | awk '/^[.][\/]compare[[:alnum:]]+[.]summary$/'
./comparecdna.summary

1) You need to escape the the "/" within the regular expression since it's used to delimit the expression itself.
2) [[:alnum:]+] is not the same thing as [[:alnum:]]+
The former matches one character, an alphanumeric or a plus sign; the latter matches 1 or more alphanumerics.

Regards,
Alister

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

car class (not school class)

im just trying to have some fun and kill some time writing a c++ program that has a person type in a car make and model then gives them a year and a price. or something like that. i always have problems getting it goin but once the ball is rolling im usually pretty good. anyone wanna help me out? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rickym2626
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk and sed class

awk and sed are made for unix admin. does anyone know which company offer awk or sed course ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
3 Replies

3. Programming

C++ class definition with a member of the same class

Hi, i have a question about C++. Is it possible to declare a class with a member ot the same class? For example, a linked list or i want to convert this C code to C++ class (Elemento) typedef struct elemento { char name; char value; List<struct elemento> ltElementos; ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pogdorica
7 Replies

4. Programming

static use for class inside the same class c++

Hi, I believe the next code is wrong: class Egg { Egg e; int i; Egg(int ii=0) : i(ii) {} }; because you would end up with an endless definition (memory allocation) of Egg objects, thus int i. Ok, so God Eckel proposes for a singleton: class Egg { static Egg e; int... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xavipoes
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Get pointer for existing device class (struct class) in Linux kernel module

Hi all! I am trying to register a device in an existing device class, but I am having trouble getting the pointer to an existing class. I can create a class in a module, get the pointer to it and then use it to register the device with: *cl = class_create(THIS_MODULE, className);... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdaniel@ualg.pt
0 Replies

6. Programming

Size of Derived class, upon virtual base class inheritance

I have the two class definition as follows. class A { public: int a; }; class B : virtual public A{ }; The size of class A is shown as 4, and size of class B is shown as 16. Why is this effect ?. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmonk
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match string against character class in bash

Hello, I want to check whether string has only numeric characters. The following code doesn't work for me #!/usr/local/bin/bash if ]]; then echo "true" else echo "False" fi # ./yyy '346' False # ./yyy 'aaa' False I'm searching for solution using character classes, not regex.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
5 Replies

8. Programming

C++ : Base class member function not accessible from derived class

Hello All, I am a learner in C++. I was testing my inheritance knowledge with following piece of code. #include <iostream> using namespace std; class base { public : void display() { cout << "In base display()" << endl; } void display(int k) {... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex issue with \s in character class.

Anybody have an explanation for why \s doesn't match ' ' in a character class? Here are 3 examples with the final example showing that \s in a character class (demonstrated by using egrep -o) fails: \s works outside of class.. # echo " FOO " | egrep -o '\s+\s' FOO Here is a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackrageous
6 Replies
ISWALNUM(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       ISWALNUM(3)

NAME
iswalnum - test for alphanumeric wide character SYNOPSIS
#include <wctype.h> int iswalnum(wint_t wc); DESCRIPTION
The iswalnum() function is the wide-character equivalent of the isalnum(3) function. It tests whether wc is a wide character belonging to the wide-character class "alnum". The wide-character class "alnum" is a subclass of the wide-character class "graph", and therefore also a subclass of the wide-character class "print". Being a subclass of the wide-character class "print", the wide-character class "alnum" is disjoint from the wide-character class "cntrl". Being a subclass of the wide-character class "graph", the wide-character class "alnum" is disjoint from the wide-character class "space" and its subclass "blank". The wide-character class "alnum" is disjoint from the wide-character class "punct". The wide-character class "alnum" is the union of the wide-character classes "alpha" and "digit". As such, it also contains the wide-char- acter class "xdigit". The wide-character class "alnum" always contains at least the letters 'A' to 'Z', 'a' to 'z' and the digits '0' to '9'. RETURN VALUE
The iswalnum() function returns nonzero if wc is a wide character belonging to the wide-character class "alnum". Otherwise, it returns zero. ATTRIBUTES
For an explanation of the terms used in this section, see attributes(7). +-----------+---------------+----------------+ |Interface | Attribute | Value | +-----------+---------------+----------------+ |iswalnum() | Thread safety | MT-Safe locale | +-----------+---------------+----------------+ CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2001, POSIX.1-2008, C99. NOTES
The behavior of iswalnum() depends on the LC_CTYPE category of the current locale. SEE ALSO
isalnum(3), iswctype(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2015-08-08 ISWALNUM(3)