Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix scripting problems
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unix scripting problems Post 302459258 by JSKOBS on Monday 4th of October 2010 08:23:51 AM
Old 10-04-2010
Relates to FTP

Thnks to all.
I have one problem in my script.
in my script, i have below line of FTP code:
Code:
ftp -nv $server > $logfile <<END
 user $id $pwd
 put $fil1 $fil2
 bye
END

While i try to execute my script, it showing error like:
Code:
220  FTP server ready.
331 Password required for admin.
530 Login incorrect.
Login failed.
530 Please login with USER and PASS.
530 Please login with USER and PASS.
221 Goodbye.
$

If i give each line individually lik below,
Code:
$ ftp -nv $server
$ user $id $pwd

then FTP is happening corectly. Can anyone plz tel me wats wrong in my first FTp step by which im unable to connect?

Last edited by Scott; 10-04-2010 at 11:49 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting file permission problems...

Hello all - I have two systems. 1) Linux box running Redhat 8.0 2) Tru64 box running V4.0f From the Linux box I am remotely mounting a directory (nfs mount) that resides on the Tru64 machine. The directory that is nfs mounted contains two subdirectories: my_dir1 my_dir2 I want... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heron
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting problems

Hello, Im trying to write a script where it will only execute on a certain day. What would the script look like? if then do this is this correct?? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewisoco
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell scripting on unix/mysql problems

Hi, I have written a shell script for oracle on unix that does a df for specific files, and then will display the size, Avail, % used and the difference from yesterday to today. I have been asked to place it on some MySql databases that run onn unix and linux also, but when I try to run them I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cat55
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner bash scripting - a few problems

Hey Guys, I am creating a bash script on my freeBSD box, the script should basically ask the user to enter a username and domain. The script will take this information and basically append alot of information to config files so the user can receive email from that domain and create a web site at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: traxy
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problems with grep command in scripting

Hi All, I was looking for grep command option which can exactly matches the word in a file, for examples you may be seeing one word that is also in another word, there might be lkk0lv23 and a lkk0lv234 in which case lkk0lv23 will put BOTH hosts from the grep in. I was using this in a bash... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
2 Replies

6. Linux

ssh and passwd scripting execution problems on linux

I'm having a problem here and I was wondering if anyone could help me? I'm putting together a password script. First off, I don't have root access. I have sudo access. Lets say the User ID is Trevor1, the password is H!rry23! and the server name is Linux1234 This is how the script begins ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wdog17
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problems with scripting

Hi, I am new to scripting.I had one problem infront of me.I tried in many ways with minimal knowledge........Kindly help me. Description: I want a shell script where it has to read an input.txt file and need to remove duplicate lines and the result need to kept in output.txt file. input... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhas
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Code commenting Problems in shell scripting

Hi Friends, I Want to comment one line of code from below code. DBA_ORACLE_USER=`DB.sh -u -a User` DBA_ORACLE_PWORD=`DB.sh -p -a User` sqlplus /nolog <<-END > ${logfile} 2>&1 WHENEVER OSERROR EXIT 9 WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT SQL.SQLCODE connect... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: as234301
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

100 interesting shell scripting problems

Hi all, I'm just learning to write shell scripts (new to the whole UNIX thing) and I'm wondering if anyone would like to help me create a resource to help me, and others like me, learn scripting. It would be something like "100 interesting shell scripting problems". All I need are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickednamed
7 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Having issues finishing up a few scripting problems. A little help would be awesome

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: 4. Recall that the env command provides a list of various environment variables available to you. Two of those... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: megachuk
5 Replies
term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)					 Terminal control					 term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
term::ansi::ctrl::unix - Control operations and queries SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require term::ansi::ctrl::unix ?0.1? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
WARNING: This package is unix-specific and depends on the availability of two unix system commands for terminal control, i.e. stty and tput, both of which have to be found in the $PATH. If any of these two commands is missing the loading of the package will fail. The package provides commands to switch the standard input of the current process between raw and cooked input modes, and to query the size of terminals, i.e. the available number of columns and lines. API
INTROSPECTION ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? This command imports some or all attribute commands into the namespace ns. This is by default the namespace ctrl. Note that this is relative namespace name, placing the imported command into a child of the current namespace. By default all commands are imported, this can howver be restricted by listing the names of the wanted commands after the namespace argument. OPERATIONS ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to raw input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are immediately reported to the application instead of waiting in the OS buffer until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to cooked input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are kept in OS buffers for editing until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of columns available for display. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of rows (aka lines) available for display. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category term of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
ansi, columns, control, cooked, input mode, lines, raw, rows, terminal CATEGORY
Terminal control COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> term 0.1 term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)