Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to list users and their last login? Post 302459014 by tanngo on Sunday 3rd of October 2010 07:52:53 AM
Old 10-03-2010
Thanks Methl,

that works a treat!

Apologies for the original post, we're only ion IE6 at work and it wouldn't format the post correctly :-(

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

users login

Hello everyone I need to send to a file the last command from all users who log in and log out by week or month. My questions are I can do it with the command or I need to do a script ? If the answer is I need to do a script, someone can help me because Im complete new to make a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
3 Replies

2. Programming

how can get users list and their login time?

i'm sorry if yesterday i posted this thread in unix for dummies forums, :D i am a newbie in C programming i want to get active users list and their login time... i have search and learn about passwd and utmp, but i only can get user list without their login time... do you have an idea... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alif
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to do a login time and date list of users never logged on?

Hello, I'm trying to do a list of user that never connected to a couple of servers. I want to do a diff between the servers lists, and print out only the users that never has logged on each server. Here my first step : SERVER01: # finger `egrep -v -e "^\s*#" /etc/passwd | awk '{ print $1 }' |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

No users can login

Dear Forum, I had this case before, all of sudden all users including root can't login. What done is by connecting to console port and resetting root password, "pwunconv" command, reboot server. My question is, how this can happen??? thanks :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: irda
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script to login and list files to log file

Hi Guys I did a forum search for "ftp scripts" Looked at 8 pages and didnt see anything that would help. Most seem to be logging into a ftp server and transfering files. What I need to do is login to a FTP server. Goto a folder and list it so it showes newest files first. It would be nice to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: voorhees1979
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to list primary group of users

Dear All I am facing a problem with my script. I have to found the primary group of users . So first I selected all the groups and users register from a specific user : ONE Then I am making a file with all groups attached to the user : ONE Then I am making a file with all... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need A Script To List All Failed Log In Users

I need to list all the failed log in users as part of audit report. How can I do so in Linux to find all the audit log records and then upload to a table for future reference. I am using oracle 10g on Linux. Hope I will get a quick response from the experts. Thanks in advance for the tips. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraQ
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to ignore the user from list of users

Hi, I have a situation where I want to ignore few users from list of users and print rest of user in log file. say, I want to ignore aaa, bbb, ccc, ddd .. ppp from list of 20 user (do not want to include) What is the good command or any script? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumit30
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

help to create script for added date to list users

hi my friends im asking for the possibility to creat a script in ubuntu for added date to list users for doing this : - search in debug connected user of all connected users - if a new user is connect for the first time to my server the script record the date of the connection and added it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amzioujda
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get Home Directory for Users in Login Hook Script

I'm writing a script to use as a LoginHook for my Mac users. As part of this script, I need to write to a location in their home directory, but I can't seem to access the path - at this point in the login process, $HOME is empty and ~ gives the path to root's home. Unfortunately, I can't just do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blondepianist
1 Replies
post(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   post(8)

NAME
post - deliver a message SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/mh/post [options] file OPTIONS
Specifies a file that post should take aliases from. More than one file can be specified, each being preceded with the -alias option. The post program automatically consults the system alias file, /usr/lib/mh/MailAliases. If there is an Aliasfile entry in your post also con- sults the file named in that entry. Filters (re-formats) messages sent to blind copy recipients. Recipients named in the Bcc: field nor- mally receive a new message which includes a copy of the message sent to the other recipients. If this option is specified, this copy of the message is filtered according to the instructions in the named file. The default is -nofilter. Formats messages so as to conform to ARPAnet Internet Message Format protocol. This is the default behavior. You can post from formatting messages in this way by using the -noformat option. Prints a list of the valid options to this command. Adds a Message-ID: or Resent-Message-ID: field to the header. Specifies the mail system over which mail is sent. The only value allowed is smtp, which is the standard mail system. Additional values are supported only for use with other mail systems. Informs the user of each step of the posting/filing process. Allows the user to watch the transport system's handling of the message (for example, local and fast delivery). Specifies the preferred length of the header compo- nents that contain addresses. The default settings for post are: -alias /usr/lib/mh/MailAliases -format -nomsgid -mts smtp -noverbose -nowatch -width 72 -nofilter DESCRIPTION
The program post is called by send(1) to deliver the message in the named file to local and remote users. In fact, all of the functions at- tributed to send on its reference page are performed by post, with send acting as a relatively simple pre-processor. Thus, it is post which parses the various header fields, appends From: and Date: lines, and interacts with the transport system. Normally, post would not be called directly by the user. It searches the To:, cc:, Bcc:, and Resent-xxx: header lines of the specified message for destination addresses, checks these addresses for validity, and formats them so as to conform to ARPAnet Internet Message Format protocol (unless the -noformat option is set). This will normally cause @local-site to be appended to each local destination address, as well as any local return addresses. If a Bcc: field is encountered, the mail system will use its addresses for delivery. The Bcc: is removed from the message sent to original recipients. The copied recipients will receive an entirely new message with a minimal set of headers. The mail system includes a copy of the message sent to the original recipients in the body of the message. This command consults the environment variable $SIGNATURE to determine the sender's personal name in constructing the From: line of the message. RESTRICTIONS
For this version, the -mts option only supports the value smtp. Additional values are supported for use only with other mail systems. PROFILE COMPONENTS
The post command does not consult the user's FILES
The system customization file. The program to process Fcc:s. The program to process Bcc:s. The system alias file. SEE ALSO
Commands: comp(1), mhmail(1), send(1) Files: mh-alias(4), mh-mail(4), mtstailor(4) Standard for the Format of ARPA Internet Text Messages (RFC 822) post(8)