Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to redirect a input of find command into a text file Post 302458618 by sivaranga001 on Friday 1st of October 2010 08:51:30 AM
Old 10-01-2010
How to redirect a input of find command into a text file

Hello friends,

I want a command to print the reult files from find command into a text file.Smilie
Iam looking from forum memebers. PLZ help me.ASAP

Thanks in Advance,
Siva Ranganath CH

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to input username on text file into finger command on shell script

I'm trying to clean up my server and I have the list of some "special" users stored on the text file like this Now I want to write a shell script to finger all of them so I can have some kind of ideas who they are but here comes the problem....I completely forgot how to do it with shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Micz
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for command(s)/ script to find a text string within a file

I need to search through all files with different file suffixes in a directory structure to locate any files containing a specific string (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrwelden
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redirect input from file?

I need to run a command inside root-environment, and want to use: su - root -c "some command..." Then I am prompted for a password, of course. Is it possible to put this password in a file, and present this files content, to the command above?:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bjornrud
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sorting files with find command before sending to text file

i need help with my script.... i am suppose to grab files within a certain date range now i have done that already using the touch and find command (found them in other threads) touch -d "$date_start" ./tmp1 touch -d "$date_end" ./tmp2 find "$data_location" -maxdepth 1 -newer ./tmp1 !... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deking
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input file redirect in output path and want name as inputfilename_new.txt

not required this time (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sandeep_Malik
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass file text into find command

Hi all, I have a large text file and also a smaller list of program names. I want to find out how many of those programs exist in the large text file. Can someone help me with the command/script please. The program list is along the lines of tranwe2 tranwe3 tranye5 etc so basically I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using redirect for input instead of command line

I have a script that is working when I input parameters from the command line. I was under the assumption that i could use a redirect for the input. script fred.sh: value1=$1 value2=$2 print $value1 $value2 Running from command line: fred.sh 1 2 1 2 Contents of file fred.txt:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: djm2112
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file from input and redirect to output file

Hi , i am having an file which contains 5 file_name data, i need to read the file name and will perform certain operation and generate out file names with named as 5 individual file_names for eg: file.txt contains file_name1.txt|hai file_name2.txt|bye file_name3.txt|how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect output to the same input file in awk

Hi, I want to compare a value from test file and redirect the o/p value to the same file input file 250 32000 32 128 Below is my code awk '{ if ($1 < "300") print $1 > /tmp/test}' test want to compare 250 < 300 then print 300 to the same place below is the... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: stew
24 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How do I redirect output from "find", either to a file or another command?

I'm trying to find out what happened to the rogue game that apt-get told me it installed, so I thought I would find the file. I went to the root and entered: find -name "rog*.*" I get a large number of lines saying my access is denied in various directories. I figure I'll practice my Unix... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: arghvark
14 Replies
ALCC(1) 							  aMule utilities							   ALCC(1)

NAME
alcc - text based eD2k links calculator for aMule SYNOPSIS
alcc [-p] [-v] <inputfiles_list> alcc [-h] DESCRIPTION
Compute the eD2k links of all the input files given in the <inputfiles_list> (There can be one or more files). [ -p, --parthashes ] Compute and add part hashes to the computed eD2k links. [ -h, --help ] Prints a short usage description. [ -v, --verbose ] Be verbose - show also calculation steps. REPORTING BUGS
Please report bugs either on our forum (http://forum.amule.org/), or in our bugtracker (http://bugs.amule.org/). Please do not report bugs in e-mail, neither to our mailing list nor directly to any team member. COPYRIGHT
aMule and all of its related utilities are distributed under the GNU General Public License. SEE ALSO
alc(1), amuled(1), amulecmd(1), amuleweb(1), cas(1), ed2k(1), wxcas(1), xas(1) AUTHOR
This manpage was written by Vollstrecker <amule@vollstreckernet.de> aMule eD2k links calculator November 2011 ALCC(1)