Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Memory check script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Memory check script Post 302458446 by d-train on Thursday 30th of September 2010 09:51:42 PM
Old 09-30-2010
Alright. It looks like it doesn't take into account the percentage point.

For example, I tried with ">1.0", and the only row that echoed was a result that was "2.0".

Rows of for example "1.6, 1.7" did not echo.

This is not a big deal as I'm happy to be notified with any results of 3 and above.

Let me play around with the command and will let you know how I go.

Cheers.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to check how much memory being used?

is there other way to check how much physical memory being used without using top command?....this is on Sun Solrais 2.7 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dookeobih
3 Replies

2. Programming

how to use ioctl to check out memory usage

Hi all, I tried to output memory usage information while the process is executing at a particular time. I found out some people suggesting calling the ioctl. I followed it and wrote a test example: #include <unistd.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <iostream.h> #include <fcntl.h> #include... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lanchen
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to check physical memory

HI Please help me how to check the physical memory, model name and hardisk information. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeelans
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check memory and processors

HI , I have AIX 5.2 ? I believe. I am looking to see how many processors I have and what the Memory is in this box? I know there is a command to run but I am really rusty at this Thanks Dave (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocker40
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Command to check memory size

Hi, I am looking for acoomand on HP where by i can see the CPU increasing for a given process ... I know i can see this from top/prstat .. But it will give for all the processes - I want something like say ps where i can call it from a shell script a few times and check if it is has increased... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nano2
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check memory leak

I am running c++ code on AIX unix.I have a doubt that my code is using some memory but it is not clearing that.Some time i am getting heap allocation problem.In my code i am not using any malloc,new functions also i am justing using pointers and arrays. Is there any way i can find out if the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukatru
2 Replies

7. SuSE

How to check Memory Utilization by each process

If following is the usage of cat /proc/meminfo MemTotal: 4051304 kB MemFree: 28544 kB Buffers: 216848 kB Cached: 3398628 kB SwapCached: 0 kB Active: 455460 kB Inactive: 3291612 kB HighTotal: 0 kB HighFree: 0 kB... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryanabhay
5 Replies

8. Linux

how to check memory usage ?

hello, I have purchased VPS from one webhosting company. VPS comes with Virtuozzo power panel. It has 512MB gurranted RAM and dynamic RAM 2048 MB. I have hosted single domain with 50MB database and wordpress installation. But I am getting resource alerts. It goes sometime in yellow... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrugesh78
8 Replies

9. AIX

Script to check the memory usage in AIX

Hello Everyone, I'm looking for a efficient script that monitors the memory usage on AIX and send email alerts when it reaches certain point. Q) need to get alerts, when the memory usage exceed 90% on AIX? or Q) Need to get alerts when available free Memory is 1G or 10% etc Any idea... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Memory Usage check

Hello Friends, I need to check memory usage & availability before I could run a program if there is enough memory is left or not, so how could i achieve this? Which command output i should rely on? I have diplayed outputs of SAR, VMstat and PRstat commands below, But how could i check memory... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
8 Replies
INGRES_FETCH_ROW(3)							 1						       INGRES_FETCH_ROW(3)

ingres_fetch_row - Fetch a row of result into an enumerated array

SYNOPSIS
array ingres_fetch_row (resource $result) DESCRIPTION
ingres_fetch_row(3) returns an array that corresponds to the fetched row, or FALSE if there are no more rows. Each result column is stored in an array offset, starting at offset 1. Subsequent calls to ingres_fetch_row(3) return the next row in the result set, or FALSE if there are no more rows. By default, arrays created by ingres_fetch_row(3) start from position 1 and not 0 as with other DBMS extensions. The starting position can be adjusted to 0 using the configuration parameter ingres.array_index_start. Note Related Configurations See also the ingres.array_index_start, ingres.fetch_buffer_size and ingres.utf8 directives in Runtime Configuration. PARAMETERS
o $result - The query result identifier RETURN VALUES
Returns an array that corresponds to the fetched row, or FALSE if there are no more rows EXAMPLES
Example #1 Fetch a row of result into an enumerated array <?php $link = ingres_connect($database, $user, $password); $result = ingres_query($link, "select * from table"); while ($row = ingres_fetch_row($result)) { echo $row[1]; echo $row[2]; } ?> SEE ALSO
ingres_num_fields(3), ingres_query(3), ingres_fetch_array(3), ingres_fetch_assoc(3), ingres_fetch_object(3). PHP Documentation Group INGRES_FETCH_ROW(3)