Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris MAC spoofing a virtual NIC on Solaris 5.0 Post 302458038 by Isharfoxat on Wednesday 29th of September 2010 11:14:43 AM
Old 09-29-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartus11
It will not work. MAC address on logical interface (hte0:1, hte0:2 ...) is always the same as MAC address on physical interface on which it is created.
I'm afraid I can guess your answer but.... is there any way to "spoof" that MAC address, event if that implies the use of "borderline tools"?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing MAC address of a NIC

All, I have a need to software change the MAC address of a NIC in a Sparc Ultra 10 - I believe there is a command that allows to do this at boot up? Is it a missing (to me) part of ifconfig ? If so, what is the syntax? All replies gratefully received ! Thanks Andrew (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wretch
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

Binding Virtual IP address to NIC

Hi, I bound a virtual IP to a network card on my E450 server and I am getting this error when I reboot the server, saying, " retrying host, RPC time out. I had to break this sequence and allow other services to load. Of course they didn't load properly. Please how can I sort this out? I do need... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ronny
8 Replies

3. Solaris

How to check Virtual NIC card speed on solaris

Hi, We have a 4 port Sun gigaswift NIC card on our sun fire server. If the card is a physical one I know how to check the settings/speed. But since this is a virtual card with 4 ports , I am not sure as how we can check the settings. Details ----------- root:/> ifconfig -a lo0:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pray44u
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

how can I determine which NIC card is virtual NIC Card

how can I determine which NIC card is virtual NIC Card which condition can make a decision Does HP UX have Virtual Network Adapter Concept if ,it has where I can Find if I Install Virutal Network Adapter or which command that i can get it or which software can generate thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
2 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

MAC Address spoofing

There is a question in the SCO section asking for information on how to change the MAC address of a NIC. Is there a valid reason for wanting to change the MAC address? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgt
1 Replies

6. Solaris

create Virtual NIC in Solaris 10

Hi All, does any body know how to create Virtual NIC in Solaris 10 if any one have good article or reference kindly provide me i try to Google but i didn't find good one (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamisux
7 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

ethernet mac spoofing

I tried to use the command sudo ifconfig en0 ether xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx to do mac spoofing for internet connection in my office. It works only for 5 minutes. Every time after about 5mins, the Internet will be disconnected. :wall: Any one knows how to solve this problem? Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrewust
6 Replies

8. Solaris

x86 Solaris 10 nic driver added but not attached. NIC is not detected.

I couldn't install my nic in solaris 10. I compiled and added the driver but failed to attach the driver and ifconfig output shows only loopback dev. Please see the following output and tell me whether my nic has been detected and why the driver failed to attach? My nic is detected in linux... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Change hostID of Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine installed by Virtual Box 4.1.12 on Windows-XP host

Trying to set or modify the randomly set hostID of a Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine that I installed on a Windows-XP host machine (using Virtual Box 4.1.12). I was able to set/modify the hostname of the Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine during installation as well as via the Virtual Box... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt_VB
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

creating virtual nic permenant

am try to create another network card as virtual eth0:1 but when i restart the server it want be appear i have to create it again what is the solution for this . (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: leganti
6 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)