Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How do I view file?
Operating Systems Solaris How do I view file? Post 302457198 by kumarmani on Monday 27th of September 2010 01:55:38 PM
Old 09-27-2010
Gunzip 1st before seeing the file
This User Gave Thanks to kumarmani For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to view the contents of .gz file without extracting the file?

Hi All, I have several .gz files and i need to see the contents of these file, without extracting these file. If i extract these file the space will be full so. I need to see the contents and parse the contents to a script to extract data from these. Please let me know if you need any more... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitkhiare
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To view end of file

I have a large file of about 2500 lines. I want to see last few lines. any command. please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manish.s
1 Replies

3. Solaris

view HTML file through browser

Howdy experts, I have a HTML file in /var/tmp/file.html How can i view it through the webbrowser (mozilla or IE explorer) Thanks, purple (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

View ouput as a file

Hi all , I have a view in teradata , the ouput of that view have to be stored as a file with delimitere as '|'.Is there any possibility of doing this in unix ? Thanks in advance , Vinoth (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino.paal
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

not able to view the file

Hi All, I am experiencing a strange and serious issue. I can see, a file exist there inside a directory while doing cat i can see the file exists, but while trying to view that its saying NO such File or Directory. (ipbala01)/env/balast7/app/working/batch_loader/data/system_2/input>ll total 12... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotam
8 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to view .dat file?

What is the command that can be used to open or view the .dat file in linux? Unable to read the contents of .dat file. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rupaa
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to view unix file ?

Hi to all, 1- I'm trying to open a certain file in unix with the tool KEA! 2- i get to the correct folder with the CD command 3- Once in the correct directory i try the following unix command: vi NameOfFile.Z 4- Yes those files finish with a .Z 5 - I get something in the KEA!... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanchoniathon
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to view the control characters in a file?

Hello, How can I view control and special characters of a text file?. For example, space, tabs, new line chars etc. Can I use hexdump for it? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddyr
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

View file flags

hello: how could i view the file's flags? "ls -loa" doesn't seem to do the trick: root@giraffe:/etc # ls -alo total 820 drwxr-xr-x 23 root wheel - 2048 Oct 23 19:48 . drwxr-xr-x 19 root wheel - 1024 Nov 16 15:01 .. drwxr-xr-x 2 root wheel - 512 Nov 11 2014 X11... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ipfreak
6 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Moving from Desktop View to Mobile View

See attached video for a demo on how to move back and forth from the desktop view to the mobile view. Currently this only works for the home page, but I will work on some new PHP code in the future to make this work with the page we are currently on. Edit: The issue with making every page ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
VWRIGHT(1)						      General Commands Manual							VWRIGHT(1)

NAME
vwright - normalize a RADIANCE view, shift it to the right SYNOPSIS
vwright [ view options ] distance vwright [ view options ] name DESCRIPTION
In the first form, vwright shifts a RADIANCE view the specified distance to the right, putting out a complete set of view parameters in a single line on the standard output. This utility is most often used to compute a right-eyed view from a left-eye view for stereo imaging. If no options are specified on the command line, vwright reads a view from its standard input. The distance given is in world coordinate units. A negative value indicates a shift to the left rather than the right. The second form substitutes a name prefix in place of the shift distance, and produces constant assignments on the standard output suitable for passing directly to rcalc(1). For a given prefix N, the constant names are as follows: Nt: view type ('v'==1,'l'==2,'a'==3,'h'==4,'c'==5,'s'==6) Npx: view point x value Npy: view point y value Npz: view point z value Ndx: view direction x value (normalized) Ndy: view direction y value (normalized) Ndz: view direction z value (normalized) Nd: view focal distance Nux: view up vector x value (normalized) Nuy: view up vector y value (normalized) Nuz: view up vector z value (normalized) Nh: view horizontal size Nv: view vertical size Ns: view shift Nl: view lift No: view fore clipping distance Na: view aft clipping distance Nhx: derived horizontal image vector x value (normalized) Nhy: derived horizontal image vector y value (normalized) Nhz: derived horizontal image vector z value (normalized) Nhn: derived horizontal image vector multiplier Nvx: derived vertical image vector x value (normalized) Nvy: derived vertical image vector y value (normalized) Nvz: derived vertical image vector z value (normalized) Nvn: derived vertical image vector multiplier EXAMPLES
To start rpict(1) on a view .06 meters left of the view in the file "right.vf": rpict `vwright -.06 < right.vf` scene.oct > right.hdr & To move the rad(1) view named "left" 2.5 inches to the right and render from there: rad -v "right `rad -n -s -V -v left examp.rif | vwright 2.5`" examp.rif & To pass a view to rcalc for conversion to some other view: rcalc -n -e `vwright orig < orig.vf` -f viewmod.cal -o view.fmt > new.vf AUTHOR
Greg Ward SEE ALSO
pdfblur(1), rad(1), rcalc(1), rpict(1), rvu(1) RADIANCE
8/29/96 VWRIGHT(1)