Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX 5.2 installation on 'IBM system p5 type 9110-51A' Post 302456626 by Lurch on Friday 24th of September 2010 06:32:52 PM
Old 09-24-2010
If you are trying to connect via a serial console check your connection speed. The power 5 and up require 19200 Baud as stated above. Most terminals and terminal emulators default to 9600 Baud. This has bitten me a few times.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Trying to hookup my notebook to my IBM 7046-B50 type rack RS6000/AIX system

Greetings to all: Gentlemen, I've tried extremely hard to hookup my notebook via the hyperterminal to my AIX box (IBM 7046-B50) by virtue of a cross-over cable. Don't know really whats going on ......to my surprise. The notebook says its hookedup successfully but shows no unix login prompt on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhatmi
6 Replies

2. AIX

activating volume group on system after higher level aix installation

Hi, if I do install aix 5.3 on the rootvg of an aix 4.3.3 system (having rootvg and data1vg), is it possible to varyonvg the data1vg after the installation ? (any caution ?) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: astjen
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using SCP command in IBM AIX to download file from remote to local system

Hi, When i run the code in solaris unix machine, the file from remote server is getting downloaded. but when i use the same code in IBM AIX remote machine, it is not running. It is saying "Erro during scp transfer." Below is the code. Please give some resolution. SCPClient client = new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gravi2020
1 Replies

4. AIX

installation of 5.2 on iBM p series system

Hi all, we have iBM p series server on that 4. 3 operating system is runing.but i need ti install 5.2 or 5.3 then i ahve to install oracle 10g release 2 .but we have only 1 GB of RAM.can i install 5.2 or 5.3 with same RAM and please send me a document which discribe about how to install... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: younusdba
5 Replies

5. AIX

IBM AIX on IBM Eseries & x series server

Hi, I want to know whether IBM AIX can be installed on the IBM e series and x series server hardware? Thanks & Regards Arun (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Installation of IBM Cognos 8 BI on Sun solaris operating system

Hi All, I am newbie to Sun solaris operating system. I am trying to install IBM Cognos 8 on it. However it can't execute the installation path when i insert to CD when i double click it. Anyone have any idea on installing it? or any documentation for me to view? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lkyow
0 Replies

7. AIX

IBM System Director Installation

Anyone has installed IBM System Director? May I have the procedures manual or any experiences can be shared? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
1 Replies

8. AIX

Cannot login to IBM 9110 - 510

Hi, I bought a second hand IBM machine model 9110 - 510. This machine is connected to a terminal (orange color text) through a serial port and when I bought the machine it shows its model and it ask for user id and password but i tried many without luck. I want to reset the root password... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yalmutawa
4 Replies

9. AIX

How to install AIX 5.1 on p5 type 9110-51A ?

Hello ALL I have a p510-9110 server with Aix 5.3 installed .. I have many issues related to (oracle 11.5.3 apps) . and oracle said :this OS is not supported with the current apps ..just 5.1 . I tried to install 5.1 on the p510 server , but even no boot from 5.1 cd !!! after goggling... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: zzmaher
10 Replies

10. AIX

IBM Virtual Machine OS on intel x86 and x64? IBM AIX OS on IBM Virtual Machine?

Hi There, I have zero information and zero knowledge for IBM virtual machine except Amazon cloud and VMware ESXi (Only Linux OS available). Anyone could provide me the following answer - Can IBM VM been deploy on X86 and X64 (Intel Chip)? If answer is yes any chance to deploy AIX OS... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenyung
13 Replies