Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris M5000 boot net- install failed Post 302456038 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 23rd of September 2010 04:53:29 AM
Old 09-23-2010
and you need to be sure to use the right interface... check the devaliases.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Install of net

How do you install linux over the net? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: macdonto
1 Replies

2. Solaris

boot load failed

I modified the partitions on my Solaris 10 disk using format command in "boot cdrom -s" mode and then tried rebooting with "reboot". It said "Boot load failed". Why does this happen? I have faced this error before:( and I went in for a fresh installation of the OS.Can anyone tell me the reason as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lydiaEd
1 Replies

3. Solaris

boot net problem

Hi my friends when I want to make boot net for my server I have receive: Time out ARP/RARP note: I have use Ok boot net (this is my Syntax) so what is the problem? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bintaleb
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Net Boot with Flash install

I have a blade 6000 chassis with a T6340 blade. The blade took a dump and I am trying to rebuild it with a Flash Archive. I am using net boot from an E2900 and the flash is located on a an array that is attached to my v245 management server. I can net boot and I can select flash install. When I put... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ryan_ford
1 Replies

5. AIX

Upgrade to TL8 failed: bos.net.NFS.client 6.1.8.1 (usr: COMMITTED, root:

dears i am trying to upgrade the TL from TL7 to TL8 and i facing this issue AIX6.1 << End of Success Section >> +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ BUILDDATE Verification ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 boot failed init

Dear all, I have a solaris 10 in my environment (VMware virtual machine). recently I increased the harddisk size from the VMware and reboot my server. after reboot the os is unable to boot and gives the below error message. exec(/sbin/init) file not found press any key to restart ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna001
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Fresh Install - Boot Load Failed

I have M10-1. Installation OS 10 from cdrom external. Here message from OK Prompt {0} ok probe-scsi-all /pci@8000/pci@4/pci@0/pci@2/pci@0/usb@4,1/cdrom@1 Unit 0 Removable Read Only device HL-DT-STDVDRAM GP65NB60 PF00 But.. {0} ok boot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbahjiman
3 Replies

8. Solaris

M5000 fails to boot

I have an m5000 that Is down. I have access to XSCF> and was able to get to the ok prompt. However, on >ok boot it failed to boot. erred with : svc.startd: svc:/system/device/fc-fabric:default: Method "/lib/svc/method/fc-fabric" failed due to signal KILL. Nov 29... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goya
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)