Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris M5000 boot net- install failed Post 302456019 by kumarmani on Thursday 23rd of September 2010 04:13:51 AM
Old 09-23-2010
Are these systems in same subnet mask? The boot server needs to be in same subnet mask as the client.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Install of net

How do you install linux over the net? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: macdonto
1 Replies

2. Solaris

boot load failed

I modified the partitions on my Solaris 10 disk using format command in "boot cdrom -s" mode and then tried rebooting with "reboot". It said "Boot load failed". Why does this happen? I have faced this error before:( and I went in for a fresh installation of the OS.Can anyone tell me the reason as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lydiaEd
1 Replies

3. Solaris

boot net problem

Hi my friends when I want to make boot net for my server I have receive: Time out ARP/RARP note: I have use Ok boot net (this is my Syntax) so what is the problem? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bintaleb
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Net Boot with Flash install

I have a blade 6000 chassis with a T6340 blade. The blade took a dump and I am trying to rebuild it with a Flash Archive. I am using net boot from an E2900 and the flash is located on a an array that is attached to my v245 management server. I can net boot and I can select flash install. When I put... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ryan_ford
1 Replies

5. AIX

Upgrade to TL8 failed: bos.net.NFS.client 6.1.8.1 (usr: COMMITTED, root:

dears i am trying to upgrade the TL from TL7 to TL8 and i facing this issue AIX6.1 << End of Success Section >> +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ BUILDDATE Verification ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 boot failed init

Dear all, I have a solaris 10 in my environment (VMware virtual machine). recently I increased the harddisk size from the VMware and reboot my server. after reboot the os is unable to boot and gives the below error message. exec(/sbin/init) file not found press any key to restart ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna001
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Fresh Install - Boot Load Failed

I have M10-1. Installation OS 10 from cdrom external. Here message from OK Prompt {0} ok probe-scsi-all /pci@8000/pci@4/pci@0/pci@2/pci@0/usb@4,1/cdrom@1 Unit 0 Removable Read Only device HL-DT-STDVDRAM GP65NB60 PF00 But.. {0} ok boot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbahjiman
3 Replies

8. Solaris

M5000 fails to boot

I have an m5000 that Is down. I have access to XSCF> and was able to get to the ok prompt. However, on >ok boot it failed to boot. erred with : svc.startd: svc:/system/device/fc-fabric:default: Method "/lib/svc/method/fc-fabric" failed due to signal KILL. Nov 29... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goya
3 Replies
IPSEC_SUBNETOF(3)					     Library Functions Manual						 IPSEC_SUBNETOF(3)

NAME
ipsec_subnetof, ipsec_hostof, ipsec_broadcastof - given Internet address and subnet mask return subnet number, host part, broadcast address SYNOPSIS
#include <libreswan.h> struct in_addr subnetof(struct in_addr addr, struct in_addr mask); struct in_addr hostof(struct in_addr addr, struct in_addr mask); struct in_addr broadcastof(struct in_addr addr, struct in_addr mask); DESCRIPTION
These functions are obsolete; see ipsec_networkof(3) for their replacements. Subnetof takes an Internet address and a subnet mask and returns the network part of the address (all in network byte order). Hostof simi- larly returns the host part, and broadcastof returns the broadcast address (all-1s convention) for the network. These functions are provided to hide the Internet bit-munging inside an API, in hopes of easing the eventual transition to IPv6. SEE ALSO
inet(3), ipsec_atosubnet(3) HISTORY
Written for the FreeS/WAN project by Henry Spencer. BUGS
Calling functions for this is more costly than doing it yourself. 11 June 2001 IPSEC_SUBNETOF(3)