Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring How to get the Linux system information? Post 302455267 by forumguest on Tuesday 21st of September 2010 07:51:07 AM
Old 09-21-2010
Getting the Linux system information

Hi,

Is it possible to get the all those basic information through SNMP ?

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help me find out system information

I'm just getting started with unix and would like to know 1) how to tell how big the harddrive is 2) how to tell if there are multiple harddrive installed on the machine 3) a relitavely easy way to tell what programs are installed on the machine. I'm using Sun OS 5.6 Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ViperD
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX System information

Hi All, I am new to Unix and am working on AIX ( rs6000 ). I am looking for the system info of the unix box like 1. Number of CPUs 2. CPU speed 3. RAM size Your help is much appreciated Thanks rao. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rao
6 Replies

3. HP-UX

System Information

How do I get the system information on a HP UNIX server. details like CPU speed, number of processors etc. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Olamide
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

system general information

hi I am new to this forum. hope to get help from u all. how can i write these by using shell programming? 1. The name of the machine and the date/time at which the report was produced. 2. Licensing information such as the operating system revision level and license restrictions in terms of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nokia1100
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris and Linux system information.

Hey, I have a program that takes more time on a solaris machine than on a linux machine. So I guess the best way to know whats going on is to compare the two systems ? CPU and Memory ? Is there any other parameter that I should look at ? So on the linux box I ran: And on the Solaris: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
6 Replies

6. HP-UX

HP-UX system information

Hi, I'm writing a script to display a lot of information which describe a server (OS distrib, release, Hardware platform, CPU, HD, S/N...). For Linux side it is ok as you have almost all the information in /proc/cpuinfo, /proc/meminfo... and you can use dmidecode but for HP-UX I didn't find... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: biker007fr
13 Replies

7. Solaris

How to get the Solaris system information?

Hi, How to get the Solaris system hardware and software basic information using terminal command with guest login? Here below i have specified some of the information i need. Please have a look at this and guide me. OS Name: OS Version : OS Manufacturer: OS Configuration: ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumguest
15 Replies

8. BSD

How to get the FreeBsd system information?

Hi, How to get the FreeBsd system hardware and software basic information using terminal command with guest login? Here below i have specified some of the information i need. Please have a look at this and guide me. OS Name: OS Version : OS Manufacturer: OS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumguest
2 Replies

9. AIX

AIX System Information

Hi all, I have googled around quite a bit and tried many different commands to get system information about my AIX 5.3 box but none of the commands I've used have given me quite what I'm looking for. I am interested in finding out the model of the motherboard, and amount of available RAM, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ThePistonDoctor
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux Command To Find the System Configuration And Hardware Information

Hello guys. I wanted to find the System Configuration and Hardware Information on one of my servers. Here is part of the cpu info: CPU core info: processor : 0 vendor_id : GenuineIntel cpu family : 6 model : 44 model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ymir
2 Replies
LINUX(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  LINUX(4)

NAME
linux -- Linux ABI support SYNOPSIS
To compile support for this ABI into an i386 kernel place the following line in your kernel configuration file: options COMPAT_LINUX for an amd64 kernel use: options COMPAT_LINUX32 Alternatively, to load the ABI as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): linux_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The linux module provides limited Linux ABI (application binary interface) compatibility for userland applications. The module provides the following significant facilities: o An image activator for correctly branded elf(5) executable images o Special signal handling for activated images o Linux to native system call translation It is important to note that the Linux ABI support it not provided through an emulator. Rather, a true (albeit limited) ABI implementation is provided. The following sysctl(8) tunable variables are available: compat.linux.osname Linux kernel operating system name. compat.linux.osrelease Linux kernel operating system release. Changing this to something else is discouraged on non-development systems, because it may change the way Linux programs work. Recent versions of GNU libc are known to use different syscalls depending on the value of this sysctl. compat.linux.oss_version Linux Open Sound System version. The linux module can be linked into the kernel statically with the COMPAT_LINUX kernel configuration option or loaded as required. The fol- lowing command will load the module if it is neither linked into the kernel nor already loaded as a module: if ! kldstat -v | grep -E 'linux(aout|elf)' > /dev/null; then kldload linux > /dev/null 2>&1 fi Note that dynamically linked Linux executables will require a suitable environment in /compat/linux. Specifically, the Linux run-time linker's hints files should be correctly initialized. For this reason, it is common to execute the following commands to prepare the system to correctly run Linux executables: if [ -x /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig ]; then /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig -r /compat/linux fi For information on loading the linux kernel loadable module automatically on system startup, see rc.conf(5). This information applies regardless of whether the linux module is statically linked into the kernel or loaded as a module. FILES
/compat/linux minimal Linux run-time environment /compat/linux/proc limited Linux process file system /compat/linux/sys limited Linux system file system SEE ALSO
brandelf(1), elf(5), linprocfs(5), linsysfs(5) HISTORY
Linux ABI support first appeared in FreeBSD 2.1. BSD
February 8, 2010 BSD