Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to right pad with zeros using sprintf? Post 302454836 by kurumi on Monday 20th of September 2010 05:45:07 AM
Old 09-20-2010
nowhere in your post states C++. and most other languages support printf and sprintf functions.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

sprintf function

Hi, Can someone help me to figure out whether this code is to write file to /tmp/TIMECLOCK directory or just to asign a variable with "/tmp/TIMECLOCK/name.log_copy.pid" as the string? I am looking into an old C program and could not figure out where in the code that creates... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh scripting sprintf

is there any sprintf function in korn shell scripting, or anything similar to sprintf? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pad Zeros

Hi can I know command to pad Zeros to a value I get 16 and I need to send 0000000016 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pad zeros to a number

Pad zeros to a number and assign it to a variable like i get 1 in $i ,i want it to be $i as 01 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anumkoshy
6 Replies

5. Programming

equivalent of sprintf in C++

Hi My requirement is to convert the following to C++ char buffer; sprintf(buffer,"%s %-50s %6s %-6d %s\n",a.substr(0,5),a.substr(10,20)) Since the buffer is of varying length, i cannot hardcode the value as 90. i would like to convert the buffer to string object so that it can receive any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sprintf result on perl

Hello, In perl lang, I have create a string (@str) by sprintf but unfortunately when program printed it out, only I could saw a number like 1. Certainly printf doesn't problem. How I can convert a string that are result of sprintf to a common string format??! Thanks in advance. PLEASE HELP ME. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
2 Replies

7. Programming

Problem with Sprintf

Hi, I have the below sample code to hash the input number read from file. File will have 16 to 19 digit number and executable hash the number using some logic and returns the hashed value. Each digit in the 16 digit number is converted to a 4 byte value. That if the input is 16digit integer, the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkrix
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pad Zeros at the end

I have number/strings like below input =23412133 output = 234121330000 (depends on the number give at runtime) i need to padd zeros based on runtime input . i tried below printf ' %d%04d\n', "23412133"; But the precision 4 is static here how can i pass this as runtime input. i am... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pad with leading zeros for current time?

I'm using cygwin bash to submit scheduled tasks (kinda like cron jobs) in windows and the following script is giving me grief. I need to format the current time with leading zeros before 10AM for the hour field. In this example, I manually typed in "09:50" instead of using the `printf...`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Join with awk using sprintf

Hi, Trying to join 2 files with awk (file1 has variable number of fields; file 2 has constant number of fields) file1: hook1|AA|BB|CC|DD hook2|EE|FF file2: hook1|11|22 hook2|33|44 hook3|55|66 output: hook1|11|22|AA|BB|CC|DD hook2|33|44|EE|FF hook3|55|66 What I tried so far:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
3 Replies
curl_printf(3)							  libcurl Manual						    curl_printf(3)

NAME
curl_maprintf, curl_mfprintf, curl_mprintf, curl_msnprintf, curl_msprintf curl_mvaprintf, curl_mvfprintf, curl_mvprintf, curl_mvsnprintf, curl_mvsprintf - formatted output conversion SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/mprintf.h> int curl_mprintf(const char *format, ...); int curl_mfprintf(FILE *fd, const char *format, ...); int curl_msprintf(char *buffer, const char *format, ...); int curl_msnprintf(char *buffer, size_t maxlength, const char *format, ...); int curl_mvprintf(const char *format, va_list args); int curl_mvfprintf(FILE *fd, const char *format, va_list args); int curl_mvsprintf(char *buffer, const char *format, va_list args); int curl_mvsnprintf(char *buffer, size_t maxlength, const char *format, va_list args); char *curl_maprintf(const char *format, ...); char *curl_mvaprintf(const char *format, va_list args); DESCRIPTION
These are all functions that produce output according to a format string and given arguments. These are mostly clones of the well-known C- style functions and there will be no detailed explanation of all available formatting rules and usage here. See this table for notable exceptions. curl_mprintf() Normal printf() clone. curl_mfprintf() Normal fprintf() clone. curl_msprintf() Normal sprintf() clone. curl_msnprintf() snprintf() clone. Many systems don't have this. It is just like sprintf but with an extra argument after the buffer that specifies the length of the target buffer. curl_mvprintf() Normal vprintf() clone. curl_mvfprintf() Normal vfprintf() clone. curl_mvsprintf() Normal vsprintf() clone. curl_mvsnprintf() vsnprintf() clone. Many systems don't have this. It is just like vsprintf but with an extra argument after the buffer that specifies the length of the target buffer. curl_maprintf() Like printf() but returns the output string as a malloc()ed string. The returned string must be free()ed by the receiver. curl_mvaprintf() Like curl_maprintf() but takes a va_list pointer argument instead of a variable amount of arguments. To easily use all these cloned functions instead of the normal ones, #define _MPRINTF_REPLACE before you include the <curl/mprintf.h> file. Then all the normal names like printf, fprintf, sprintf etc will use the curl-functions instead. AVAILABILITY
These function will be removed from the public libcurl API in a near future. They will instead be made "available" by source code access only, and then as curlx_-prefixed functions. See lib/README.curlx for further details. RETURN VALUE
The curl_maprintf and curl_mvaprintf functions return a pointer to a newly allocated string, or NULL if it failed. All other functions return the number of characters they actually outputted. SEE ALSO
printf(3), sprintf(3), fprintf(3), vprintf(3) libcurl 7.12 30 April 2004 curl_printf(3)