Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Desire structure for input file Post 302454685 by rdcwayx on Sunday 19th of September 2010 08:29:18 PM
Old 09-19-2010
Code:
awk '{print "A." $1 " <> B." $1 " or "}' infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying a Directory Structure to a new structure

Hi all Is it possible to copy a structure of a directory only. e.g. I have a file with the following entries that is a result of a find :- /dir1/dir2/file.dbf /dir1/dir2/dir3/file1.dbf /dir1/file.dbf I want to copy these to a directory and keep the structure however starting at a new dir... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
8 Replies

2. Programming

Search attributes in one structure using the values from another structure

Hello Groups I am trying to find out ways of comparing a value from a 'c' structure to a value in another 'C' structure. the 'C' structure can be a List or liked list as it contains lot many records. if we loop it in both the structures it is going to consume time. I am looking for a simple... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a directory structure with getting input from a file.

Hi How to create a directory structure with getting input from a file. I have file in that following lines are written. ./activemq-4.1.2/activemq-core-4.1.2.jar ./activemq-4.1.2/backport-util-concurrent-2.1.jar ./camel-1.4.0/apache-camel-1.4.0.jar ./camel-1.4.0/lib/activation-1.1.jar... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsjoy2u
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't get DF output I desire

I currently have a shell script that creates Oracle databases configured the way we want them here. One part of it allows you to choose which file system to place the database files. This is the command which works. This produces a list of file systems from which to choose. I have been... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sewood
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to take input from file, match on it in file 2 and input data

All, I am trying to figure out a script to run in windows that will allow me to match on First column in file1 to 8th Column in File2 then Insert file1 column2 to file2 column4 then create a new file. File1: 12345 Sam 12346 Bob 12347 Bill File2:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darkoth
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files from input file with dir structure

hi, I want to copy files from source directory based on input file (or output of previous command) and i want to have the SAME DIRECTORY STRUCTURE. Note that i will have other files and directories which i dont want to copy to destination. For example, dir source has following content:... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragon.1431
22 Replies

7. Hardware

HTC Desire S vs HTC Desire C - USB Android tethering problem

Hi gurus, I have problem with android usb tethering (usb0 interface). I tried two phones HTC Desire C and HTC Desire S. With Desire C everything works as expected, usb0 automatically goes up and gains IP address and tethering is working (output bellow) HTC Desire C: Nov 6 23:32:36 HP-PC... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case structure combined with standard input

Hi folks, I am new to bash scripting so please excuse my question. Is there any chance to combine a case structure with the read command? Like case (read -p "" variable) in x) Thx! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: haukee
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read input files and merge them in given order and write them to input one param or one file

Dear Friends, I am looking for a shell script to merge input files into one file .. here is my idea: 1st paramter would be outfile file (all input files content) read all input files and merge them to input param 1 ex: if I pass 6 file names to the script then 1st file name as output file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hyd1234
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get desire line?

Hi Guys, I am newbie here and greeting to all guys of unix forum, now I want to learn unix here. I have query here, we have file where file has 20 line record, now i want display 10 to 15 line row record only, then how it possible. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaditya321
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)