Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to get the Solaris system information? Post 302454090 by Sun Fire on Friday 17th of September 2010 07:13:18 AM
Old 09-17-2010
The first machine is Sun Enterprise T1000

CPU family/model = 1.0 GHz UltraSPARC T1 processor

Cache memory, find it here: Sun SPARC Enterprise T1000 Server - Technical Specifications ( 16 KB instruction, 8 KB primary data cache, 3 MB integrated L2 )

The Second Machine is Sun Fire X4150

Specs here = Sun Fire X4150 Server - Technical Specifications

CPU family/model = Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5410 (2x6MB L2, 2.33 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB, 80W)

as the "prtdiag" command showed CPU E5140, so I looked it up in the website above Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help me find out system information

I'm just getting started with unix and would like to know 1) how to tell how big the harddrive is 2) how to tell if there are multiple harddrive installed on the machine 3) a relitavely easy way to tell what programs are installed on the machine. I'm using Sun OS 5.6 Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ViperD
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX System information

Hi All, I am new to Unix and am working on AIX ( rs6000 ). I am looking for the system info of the unix box like 1. Number of CPUs 2. CPU speed 3. RAM size Your help is much appreciated Thanks rao. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rao
6 Replies

3. HP-UX

System Information

How do I get the system information on a HP UNIX server. details like CPU speed, number of processors etc. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Olamide
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris and Linux system information.

Hey, I have a program that takes more time on a solaris machine than on a linux machine. So I guess the best way to know whats going on is to compare the two systems ? CPU and Memory ? Is there any other parameter that I should look at ? So on the linux box I ran: And on the Solaris: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

System Information Variable Help

Hey, I am after the commands to get the following information for my Unix system: default visual editor (i dont even know where to start with this one) default window manager (this one either, no idea) total quota (just the size, none of the other data. I've narrowed it down to quota -sv)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bonjour
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

HP-UX system information

Hi, I'm writing a script to display a lot of information which describe a server (OS distrib, release, Hardware platform, CPU, HD, S/N...). For Linux side it is ok as you have almost all the information in /proc/cpuinfo, /proc/meminfo... and you can use dmidecode but for HP-UX I didn't find... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: biker007fr
13 Replies

7. Solaris

How to get system parameters / information on Sun Solaris 5.10

Hello to everyone, i am new to Sun Solaris. i have Solaris 5.10 installed on the X86 platform. i am writing a script which gathers some system information. but i can not find some of the parameter from the system can any one please suggest to way to find these params. shell command will be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikhil.sigpro
1 Replies

8. AIX

How to get the AIX system information?

Hi, How to get the AIX system hardware and software basic information using terminal command with guest login? Here below i have specified some of the information i need. Please have a look at this and guide me. OS Name: OS Version : OS Manufacturer: OS Configuration: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumguest
4 Replies

9. Infrastructure Monitoring

How to get the Linux system information?

Hi, How to get the Linux system hardware and software basic information using terminal command ? Here below i have specified some of the information i need. Please have a look at this and guide me. OS Name: OS Version : OS Manufacturer: OS Configuration: OS Build Type:... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

10. BSD

How to get the FreeBsd system information?

Hi, How to get the FreeBsd system hardware and software basic information using terminal command with guest login? Here below i have specified some of the information i need. Please have a look at this and guide me. OS Name: OS Version : OS Manufacturer: OS... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)