Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Batch job in unix server to move the pdf file from unix to windows. Post 302453983 by rdcwayx on Friday 17th of September 2010 02:08:53 AM
Old 09-17-2010
Years ago, we set samba or some else to connect windows to Unix, or vise versa.

now you can use SSH with keypassless to scp the files from unix to windows servers by cronjob. No need drive mapping on windows server.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

missing Path(in UNIX) when i launch a job on to unix machine using windows SSh

hi i want run an unix application from a windows program/application.i am using SSH(command line version)to log on to a unix machine from windows. the application has to read a configuration file inorder to run. the configuration file .CFG is in bin in my home directory. but the application... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I run scripts in my unix account from batch file in Windows?

Hi all, I'm working on Windows, connecting to my Unix account by different ways: by FTP opening files in UltraEdit32, by mapping drive to browse, by Exceed or Telnet to compile at Unix account. Actually, that is what I would like to change: I'd like to make a batch file which would connect to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: olgafb
7 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows services for unix - How do I run in batch

I just installed Windows Services for Unix. I want to create a ksh program and schedule it using the Windows scheduler. How would I go about doing it? What would the command line look like? Do I always have to be in a ksh shell to run the batch program even if it is not scheduled? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbdenham
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A mechanism like "batch file of windows" in Unix

Hi all, Like in windows OS we have in unix something called "jobs"-term me if i am wrong- to run a sequence of steps which we can exceute at our own will without scheduling like corntab scheduling. can any one tell me what is the structure of this file and provide me with some info with this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixjadoo
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing Windows batch file from UNIX

Hi everyone, let me get straight to the points. My manager wants to execute a remote batch file (on a Windows server) from a UNIX Machine, does anyone know if this is possible and what packages would be needed? Thanks p.s. Sorry i cant give OS specifics, we use most UNIX's; AIX, Solaris,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: flip387
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Sending file from UNIX server to Windows server

I'm trying to write a Perl script where a file from a UNIX server box connects to a Windows server box and copies that file into the Window box. The main problem I have right now is that whenever I try to connect to the Windows box, the connection is refused. The error message that always pops... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kooshi
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to FTP file from UNIX server to windows

Hi, I am new to this subject.....Can someone please help me out with the script... unix usernm "sdhftst" unix pwd "chsd13" windows usernm "dfghtst" windows pwd "chsd13" path..../xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx please can u get me a script...its only one file to get ftp. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: himakiran9
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Windows Batch script for Unix commands

I wish to create a folder on a unix server B from my windows box using windows batch script. Below is my windows batch script. @ ECHO OFF ::Enter your Directory name: echo Enter your Directory name: set /p mydir= plink user1@ServerA mkdir %mydir% At plink command i get logged... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to move files from one UNIX server to another UNIX server.

Hi, I have two unix servers i need to move files from one server to another. For example: i have some files in Server1 and i want to run script in server2 to move files from server1. Any suggestion Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karingulanagara
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed SFTP script from windows to UNIX server and from UNIX to windows server(reverse SFTP)

hi guys, i need a script to sftp the file from windows to unix server ....(before that i have to check whether the file exists in the windows server or not and again i have to reverse sftp the files from unix to windows server..... regards, Vasa Saikumar. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
13 Replies
XDestroyWindow(3X11)						     MIT X11R4						      XDestroyWindow(3X11)

Name
       XDestroyWindow, XDestroySubwindows - destroy windows

Syntax
       XDestroyWindow(display, w)
	  Display *display;
	  Window w;

XDestroySubwindows(display, w)
	  Display *display;
	  Window w;

Arguments
       display	 Specifies the connection to the X server.

w	 Specifies the window.

Description
       The function destroys the specified window as well as all of its subwindows and causes the X server to generate a event for each window.
       The window should never be referenced again.  If the window specified by the w argument is mapped, it is unmapped automatically.  The
       ordering of the events is such that for any given window being destroyed, is generated on any inferiors of the window before being gener-
       ated on the window itself.  The ordering among siblings and across subhierarchies is not otherwise constrained.	If the window you speci-
       fied is a root window, no windows are destroyed.  Destroying a mapped window will generate events on other windows that were obscured by
       the window being destroyed.

can generate a error.

The function destroys all inferior windows of the specified window, in bottom-to-top stacking order.  It causes the X server to generate a
       event for each window.  If any mapped subwindows were actually destroyed, causes the X server to generate events on the specified window.
       This is much more efficient than deleting many windows one at a time because much of the work need be performed only once for all of the
       windows, rather than for each window.  The subwindows should never be referenced again.

can generate a error.

Diagnostics
       A value for a Window argument does not name a defined Window.

See Also
       XChangeWindowAttributes(3X11), XConfigureWindow(3X11), XCreateWindow(3X11), XMapWindow(3X11), XRaiseWindow(3X11), XUnmapWindow(3X11)
       X Window System: The Complete Reference, Second Edition, Robert W. Scheifler and James Gettys

XDestroyWindow(3X11)