Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File splitting, naming file according to internal field Post 302453543 by danmero on Wednesday 15th of September 2010 03:54:00 PM
Old 09-15-2010
Code:
awk -F, '/^File/{print>($3"-"$2)}' in.file

---------- Post updated at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:49 PM ----------

or
Code:
awk -F, '/^File/{_=".";split($2,a,_);print>(a[1]_ $3_ a[2])}'  in.file

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a file based on some condition and naming them

I have a file given below. I want to split the file where ever I came across ***(instead you can put ### symbols in the file) . Also I need to name the file by extracting the report name from the first line which is in bold(eg:RPT507A) concatinated with DD(day on which the file runs). Can someone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srivsn
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

naming a file to hostname

I am running a script remotely to another client. after it runs it places the file in /tmp. I need the file in /tmp to be renamed to the local hostname. but when i set the variable it names the file to my local hostname. how do i fix that (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue in naming a file

Hi, I want to create a file named 'abc(+1)' and append the data of file 'abc' to it. But getting error as unexpected'(' when i tried to use the following command. cat abc > abc(+1) Is there any other way to include brackets along with +1 in the file name? TIA. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vimalr
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

#file naming

hi all, Please advise at what circumstance those file will become -rwxr-xr-x 1 psa psa 1969088 Aug 18 2006 #libaa.sl -rwx------ 1 psa psa 2166784 Jul 25 2006 #libcrypto.sl.0.9.7 -rwx------ 1 psa psa 904040 Jul 25 2006 #libxxx.sl -rwx------ 1 psa ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rauphelhunter
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending 1st field in a file into 2nd field in another file

Hi, I've internally searched through forums for about 2+ hours. Unfortunately, with no luck. Although I've found some cases close to mine below, but didn't help so much. Actually, I'm in short with time. So I had to post my case. Hoping that you can help. I have 2 files, FILE1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amurib
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append 1st field from a file into 2nd field of another file

Hi, I've internally searched through forums for about 2+ hours. Unfortunately, with no luck. Although I've found some cases close to mine below, but didn't help so much. Actually, I'm in short with time. So I had to post my case. Hoping that you can help. I have 2 files, FILE1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amurib
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting large file and renaming based on field

I am trying to update an older program on a small cluster. It uses individual files to send jobs to each node. However the newer database comes as one large file, containing over 10,000 records. I therefore need to split this file. It looks like this: HMMER3/b NAME 1-cysPrx_C ACC ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fozrun
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

file naming in a script

#!/bin/bash while read inputline do what="$inputline" echo $what; if ; then exit fi $reextend $what $print ls -a done this is my code i am trying to change all of the file types of a certain directory to another file type but im not all the way there can someone help please (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: domdom110
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

IFS(Internal Field separator)

Hi All, I need your small help in using IFS. I am using it like below but i am not getting the desired output. var=ABCD,EFGH,IJKL,MNOP,QRST export IFS="," for x in $var do if ] then temp="Group_$x" GP=${!temp} else temp="Group_$x" MP="${!temp}" GP="$GP","$MP" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasanna2166
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with naming the file

Hi, I have a folder that contains files abc.txt def.txt ....and so on Inside abc.txt, I have @<TRIPOS>MOLECULE 4|Chelerythrine|abcb11_earlyIdentification_Stronginhib_washed_ligprep|sdf|1|dock Inside def.txt, I have @<TRIPOS>MOLECULE... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rossi
6 Replies
IPSEC_PORTOF(3) 					     Library Functions Manual						   IPSEC_PORTOF(3)

NAME
ipsec_portof, ipsec_setportof, ipsec_sockaddrof, ipsec_sockaddrlenof - get port field of an ip_address, set port field of an ip_address, get pointer to internal sockaddr of an ip_address, get length of internal sockaddr of an ip_address SYNOPSIS
#include <libreswan.h> int portof(const ip_address *src); void setportof(int port, ip_address *dst); struct sockaddr *sockaddrof(ip_address *src); size_t sockaddrlenof(const ip_address *src); DESCRIPTION
The <libreswan.h> internal type ip_address contains one of the sockaddr types internally. Reliance on this feature is discouraged, but it may occasionally be necessary. These functions provide low-level tools for this purpose. Portof and setportof respectively read and write the port-number field of the internal sockaddr. The values are in network byte order. Sockaddrof returns a pointer to the internal sockaddr, for passing to other functions. Sockaddrlenof reports the size of the internal sockaddr, for use in storage allocation. SEE ALSO
inet(3), ipsec_initaddr(3) DIAGNOSTICS
Portof returns -1, sockaddrof returns NULL, and sockaddrlenof returns 0 if an unknown address family is found within the ip_address. HISTORY
Written for the FreeS/WAN project by Henry Spencer. BUGS
These functions all depend on low-level details of the ip_address type, which are in principle subject to change. Avoid using them unless really necessary. 8 Sept 2000 IPSEC_PORTOF(3)