Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX [Solved] Problem creating print queue HP-UX -to- HP4100N Post 302452941 by KmJohnson on Monday 13th of September 2010 01:21:56 PM
Old 09-13-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by methyl
Needs a manual edit of the model file.

Code:
See
/etc/lp/interface/model.orig/<printername>

Change the line
BANNER="yes"
to
BANNER=""

It was already set to this, any other ideas? I am looking further at this file for more options. I was not aware of this file in HP. Thanks again. -KJ

---------- Post updated at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:14 AM ----------

This file has PJL all over it. I guess this is the right place. I am not sure what else I am safe to edit in this file, but am reading about it thanks once more. -KJ

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with print queue

I have a problem with a print queue that keeps going down on me every couple of days. When it happens I run an 'enable' and all is fine for a few more days. Can anyone can tell me where to start looking to debug this problem as i am new to UNIX Thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carell
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Print to ps2pdf print queue

I am trying to create a printer queue, on a SunOS 5.7 system, that outputs a pdf file. There is an application running on the system that has a print button, which sends print files to the default printer. If I disable the printer, I am able to manually capture the files in /var/spool/lp/tmp and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sean_69
2 Replies

3. Programming

URGENT:::Can anybody help me in creating message queue appliction??

hello, I had to implement a message queue application....between 30 processes...... all 30 proceses are getting data from serial port.... And here is THE FLOW::::::::1 connector process...which is linked with message queue to all the 30 applications. Processes get the data from serial port and... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunchaudhary19
9 Replies

4. AIX

Problem with custom print queue backend

I'm trying to write a custom backend (ksh script) for a print queue that will encrypt a file then FTP it to a server. I had been testing the script by just executing it by hand and giving it a file as an argument. When I run the script manually, everything works perfectly. But when I run the script... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: acascianelli
0 Replies

5. Solaris

creating printer queue in Solaris 10

I have installed the foo2zjs drivers but i don't know the next steps to how to make a print queue with ppd files........kindly guide me out if anyone have used foo2jzs or some other methods to configure the hp laserjet 1022n printer.Kindly explain step by step procedure of how to do this. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

6. Programming

Permission denied when creating message queue

Hi guys. i have wrote a simple program to test message queue attributes. here it is: #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <mqueue.h> #include <fcntl.h> #include <string.h> #include <errno.h> #include <sys/stat.h> int main() { struct mq_attr attr; mqd_t mqd; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
2 Replies

7. Programming

creating a message queue using mq_open

Hi all, First of all thanks in advance for reading my post and for your heart for helping me. I am trying to create a message queue using mq_open(name,oflags,mode_t,attr) method. But that function call is returning with an error code EFAULT. By googling it I found that it happens when there is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: parusasi
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] remove all print jobs from a print queue

Hello, Sometimes i need to clear all the jobs of a print queue and it is really annoying to cancel one by one. Is there a way to cancel all print jobs for a specific print queue with a single command instead of cancelling them one by one? My AIX system is 5.3 Thank you for your attention (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
2 Replies

9. Programming

[Solved] how to send an integer via message queue?

how can i send an integer via message queue? i try this, but it doesn't work, child process receive 13345943 instead of 5 #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/msg.h> #include <sys/ipc.h> #include <sys/sem.h> #include <errno.h> #include <unistd.h>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tafazzi87
2 Replies

10. HP-UX

[Solved] a way to tell printer used by configured print queue?

Hello; As the title says, am trying to find our which driver is used for the alraedy working print queues.. neither hpnpf nor hppi seems to give that info .. Any ideas ?? Thnx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphys
2 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)