Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with pulling / filtering data from a .csv Post 302452180 by Franklin52 on Thursday 9th of September 2010 01:15:12 PM
Old 09-09-2010
Another approach:
Code:
awk -F, '/platform/ && /[sS]un/{$0=$1 ":" $3;c=3}c-->0{gsub("\"","");print}' file

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pulling data and following lines from file

I saw a few posts close to what i want to do, but they didn't look like they would work exactly.. or I need to think out of the box on this. I have a file that I keep server stats in for my own performance analysis. this file has the output from many commands in it (uptime, vmstats, ps, swap... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP to server, pulling data and removing the data

Hi all, I have the following script, but are not too sure about the syntax to complete the script. In essence, the script must connect to a SFTP server at a client site with username and password located in a file on my server. Then change to the appropriate directory. Pull the data to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: codenjanod
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

pulling different fields from a csv file

Hi, I have a requirment where I need to pull different columns from a .csv file. Here is the sample of the csv file. account,item,flag1,flag2,flag3,flag4,flag5,......feed,tran I will be have a config.txt file which will have the following information. item,flag5,flag10,feed,tran... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akdevula
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading 2 CSV files and filtering data based on group

I have two CSV files in the following format: First file: GroupID, PID:TID, IP, Port Sample data: 0,1000:11,127.0.0.1,445 0,-1:-1,127.0.0.1,800 1,1000:11,127.0.0.1,445 1,-1:-1,127.0.0.1,900 2,1000:11,127.0.0.1,445 2,-1:-1,180.0.0.3,900 Second file: IP,Port,PID Sample data... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakesh_arxmind
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pulling data from xml

Hi there, Please could anyone help with this. I have an xml file that contains repeating values eg <Rule name> AAAAA <Action> BBBBB </Action> <Data> CCCCC </Data> <Type> DDDDD </Type> </Rule name> <Rule name> A1A1A1A1 <Action> B1B1B1B1 </Action> <Data> C1C1C1C </Data> <Type>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssideel
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering data from text to csv

Hello, Is there a way to filerter data from a text file as shown below to a Column e.g. hostname nfsmount as two separate column. Currently I could get hostname and the mount is appearing below.. using this script #! /bin/bash for i in `cat fqdn.txt` do echo "$i ............ " >>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cy Pqa
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH- Need help pulling data from .emlx

Hello, fellow computer junkies. First time poster! My boss wrote an application (Mavericks 10.9, Mountain Lion 10.8) that checks a user's security settings. The user runs the application, then it spits out an email that is sent back to our inbox showing the results. On our end, we have a mail rule... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudo
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pulling Data, Then Moving to the Next File

I'm scanning a list of emails- I need to pull 2 pieces of data, then move to the next file: Sender's Email Address Email Date I need these to be outputted into a single column- separated by a ",". Like this: Email1's Address, Email1's Date Stamp Email2's Address, Email2's Date Stamp... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudo
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with csv filtering

Hello everyone, i am stuck with a task i was meant to do so i came here. So i have a .csv file which structure is : year;temperature;precipitation 2012;32;483 2006;28;517 ... I want to note that it is in fact ";" not a space, which a new file named <old-name>-new.txt, the first line must ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Needhelp123
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)