Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get list of user into an array in perl script Post 302452061 by solo123 on Thursday 9th of September 2010 04:21:17 AM
Old 09-09-2010
How to get list of user into an array in perl script

Hi,

cut -d: -f1,3 /etc/group >rpt.out

I have a doubt in perl. right i am getting list of group user id into rpt.out file. instead i need to store it as an array in perl script. could you please tell me how can i get list of user into an array in perl script..

thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Accessing array elements within a sed command in Perl script

I am trying to use a script to replace the header of each file, whose filename are stored within the array $test, using the sed command within a Perl script as follows: $count = 0; while ( $count < $#test ) { `sed -e 's/BIOGRF 321/BIOGRF 332/g' ${test} > 0`; `cat 0 >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userix
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to export an array to perl script?

hi all...... i want to use an array ,declared in bash, in embedded perl script. is there any way to export whole array so that i can use it '$ENV{}' or something.. thanx in advance!! regards, prayush (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tprayush
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get list of user into an array..

Hi, cut -d: -f1,3 /etc/group >rpt.out I have a doubt in above unix commands. right i am getting list of group user id into rpt.out file. instead i need to store it as an array. could you please tell me how can i get list of user into an array.. If u could tell me give me in perl script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solo123
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

List all file that match user input perl

Hi, I want to list all file that match user input ( specified shell wildcard) but when I compile it dont list me #!/usr/bin/perl -w print "Enter Advance Search Function: "; chomp ($func = <STDIN>); my @files = glob("$func"); foreach my $file (@files) { print "$file\n";... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guidely
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

every time user input create array perl

Hi, How to create array every time user input and store user input and display all array print " Enter input " my @input = split(' ', $input) chmop($input = <STDIN>; foreach ($input) { @array= @input; } print @array"\n"; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guidely
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP on Perl array / sorting - trying to convert Korn Shell Script to Perl

Hi all, Not sure if this should be in the programming forum, but I believe it will get more response under the Shell Programming and Scripting FORUM. Am trying to write a customized df script in Perl and need some help with regards to using arrays and file handlers. At the moment am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script :making array

Hi , i have a perl script which takes 'csv; file as input parameter and performs some tasks. CSV file format : MAGENTF,AGENTF8,mahfr001,tksfr01,. ./.profile 1>/dev/null 2>&1;ps -fe|grep 'gn1avm_agent -n AGENTF8'|grep gn1avm_agent|tr -s '' ''|cut -d ' ' -f 3|xargs kill -9,,. ./.profile... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakiniimt
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to verify that a value is present in an array (list)

I have 2 files , i need compare both files field by field, and in the fourth field some value will be interchaged and some value will be **. ex: file1 john|0.0|4|**:25;JP:50;UY:25 file2 john|0.0|4|JP:50;**:25;UY:25 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: veeruasu
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help in perl script Array.

hi Team, i need a help in perl , i need to get values(10 rows +) from perl GUI and insert those values into oracle table. am trying to achive this in Perl array, can you please help me on this. thanks senthil (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senkerth
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl next if @array (exclude a list of values)

I'm trying to exlude a list of values with perl to process while reading in a file. Is there a way to use the next if with a list? Example: @array = qw(val1 val2 val3 val6); while (<>) { next if $_ =~ @array; # values I don't want to process here print; # process the rest here }... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
8 Replies
rt-email-group-admin(8) 				     Request Tracker Reference					   rt-email-group-admin(8)

NAME
rt-email-group-admin - Command line tool for administrating NotifyGroup actions SYNOPSIS
rt-email-group-admin --list rt-email-group-admin --create 'Notify foo team' --group Foo rt-email-group-admin --create 'Notify foo team as comment' --comment --group Foo rt-email-group-admin --create 'Notify group Foo and Bar' --group Foo --group Bar rt-email-group-admin --create 'Notify user foo@bar.com' --user foo@bar.com rt-email-group-admin --create 'Notify VIPs' --user vip1@bar.com rt-email-group-admin --add 'Notify VIPs' --user vip2@bar.com --group vip1 --user vip3@foo.com rt-email-group-admin --rename 'Notify VIPs' --newname 'Inform VIPs' rt-email-group-admin --switch 'Notify VIPs' rt-email-group-admin --delete 'Notify user foo@bar.com' DESCRIPTION
This script list, create, modify or delete scrip actions in the RT DB. Once you've created an action you can use it in a scrip. For example you can create the following action using this script: rt-email-group-admin --create 'Notify developers' --group 'Development Team' Then you can add the followoing scrip to your Bugs queue: Condition: On Create Action: Notify developers Template: Transaction Stage: TransactionCreate Your development team will be notified on every new ticket in the queue. USAGE
rt-email-group-admin --COMMAND ARGS COMMANDS
list Lists actions and its descriptions. create NAME [--comment] [--group GNAME] [--user UNAME] Creates new action with NAME and adds users and/or groups to its recipient list. Would be notify as comment if --comment specified. add NAME [--group GNAME] [--user UNAME] Adds groups and/or users to recipients of the action NAME. delete NAME Deletes action NAME if scrips doesn't use it. switch NAME Switch action NAME from notify as correspondence to comment and back. rename NAME --newname NEWNAME Renames action NAME to NEWNAME. NOTES If command has option --group or --user then you can use it more then once, if other is not specified. AUTHOR
Ruslan U. Zakirov <ruz@bestpractical.com> SEE ALSO
RT::Action::NotifyGroup, RT::Action::NotifyGroupAsComment perl v5.14.2 2013-05-22 rt-email-group-admin(8)