Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Column operation : cosne and sine operation Post 302451704 by rdcwayx on Tuesday 7th of September 2010 08:37:07 PM
Old 09-07-2010
Homework? What's the value of i?

Code:
awk 'NR>=7 {print $1*exp($2* 3.14/180)}' infile

you can adjust it by add i in it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with arithmetic operation

I am using egrep to extract numbers from a file and storing them as variables in a script. But I am not able to do any arithmetic operations on the variables using "expr" because it stores them as char and not integers. Here is my code and the error I get. Any help will be appreciated. #!/bin/sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: emjayshaikh
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array operation

Hi, I would like ask for you help for coding array operation. array= ( a b c d e f ) I would like to remove entry "d" from my array and import the remaining entries back to the array. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phamp008
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Iterative operation

grep -o '\{1,3\}\.\{1,3\}\.\{1,3\}\.\{1,3\}' then how do i iterate the file names?? (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravis83
19 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to do the date operation ???

Dear Brothers and Sisters , If I use the command date , it will echo out today . How can I get the tomorrow date using the command date ? How to I do the date operation ? Thanks you very much :):):):):) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: youareapkman
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Operation and Maintenance

I gurus of Solaris, I need to do a Procedure concerning in the Maintenance of Solaris Server. What are the parameters that I must be see Periodically in a Server. For example the space I (df -h) must be each week.- In this server exist a Database aplication (Oracle), and log's that increase or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

column operation using awk

I have atxt file,i want to perform some operation on 3rd coulmn 900.00000 1 1 1 500.00000 500.00000 100000.000 4 4 1.45257346E-07 899.10834 67.780083 -3.0000000 6.9356270 0 4 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enter third column & Perform Operation

I am trying to enter a third column in this file, but the third column should that I call "Math" perform a some math calculations based on the value found in column #2. Here is the input file: Here is the desired output: Output GERk0203078$ Levir Math Cotete_1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ernst
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Column minus column operation?

I have a two files, file A and B, which have 5 columns, and each 5 columns are made up of random numbers, that means, numbers are all different. They have same amount of lines (Both 1000 lines) I hope to do a operation 1) 2nd column of file A - 2nd column of file B 2) 5th column of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: exsonic
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If then else - Retry operation

I need to read a file line by line, then depending on the contents of each line, type in a code that will get written to an array. The problem I have is when I ask the user to confirm the input code, if it is wrong, how do i Return to ask again? Any thing I try increments the file to the next... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcpoole
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do replace operation and awk to sum multiple columns if another column has duplicate values

Hi Experts, Please bear with me, i need help I am learning AWk and stuck up in one issue. First point : I want to sum up column value for column 7, 9, 11,13 and column15 if rows in column 5 are duplicates.No action to be taken for rows where value in column 5 is unique. Second point : For... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
12 Replies
ECACCESS-FILE-MOVE(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    ECACCESS-FILE-MOVE(1p)

NAME
ecaccess-file-move - Move or Rename ECaccess Files SYNOPSIS
ecaccess-file-move -version|-help|-manual ecaccess-file-move [-debug] source-ecaccess-file target-ecaccess-file DESCRIPTION
Allow moving an ECaccess File. When the move occurs within the same ECaccess File System then it is a rename. When the move occurs across two different ECaccess File Systems then first a copy is done and then a delete of the original file is done (e.g. similar to ecaccess- file-copy ... -erase). The source-ecaccess-file and target-ecaccess-file are in the form [domain:][/user-id/]path. Please read the "Shell commands -> File Management" section of the "ecaccess" guide for more information on the ECaccess File System. ARGUMENTS
source-ecaccess-file The source ECaccess File name. target-ecaccess-file The target ECaccess File name. OPTIONS
-version Display version number and exits. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -manual Prints the manual page and exits. -debug Display the SOAP messages exchanged. EXAMPLES
ecaccess-file-move ec:test1.txt ec:test2.txt Rename the test1.txt file in the ECFS directory of the authenticated user in test2.txt. ecaccess-file-move ec:test1.txt home:test2.txt Copy the test1.txt file from the ECFS directory of the authenticated user to the test2.txt file in the $HOME directory of the authenticated user, then delete the test1.txt file from ECFS. SEE ALSO
ecaccess-file-delete, ecaccess-file-get, ecaccess-file-mget, ecaccess-file-modtime, ecaccess-file-mput, ecaccess-file-rmdir, ecaccess-file- copy, ecaccess-file-dir, ecaccess-file-mdelete, ecaccess-file-mkdir, ecaccess-file-chmod, ecaccess-file-put, ecaccess-file-size and ecaccess. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-16 ECACCESS-FILE-MOVE(1p)