Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to calculate time difference between start and end time of a process! Post 302450418 by jlliagre on Thursday 2nd of September 2010 02:09:20 PM
Old 09-02-2010
What OS are you running ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start time/end time and status of crontab job

Is there anyway to get the start time and end time / status of a crontab job which was just completed? Of course, we know the start time of the crontab job since we are scheduling. But I would like to know process start and time recorded somewhere or can be fetched from a command like 'ps'. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thambi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate this time difference

Hi, Please help me in calculating the time difference between below mentioned timestamps. a=07/17/2007 02:20:00 AM MST b=07/17/2007 02:07:46 AM MST Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prat007
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate the time difference...

Hi All, I've written a script which reads all the systems backup information and saves it in a log file. ssh -l ora${sid} ${primaryhost} "tail -2 /oracle/$ORACLE_SID/sapbackup/back$ORACLE_SID.log" |head -1 | awk '{print echo "PREVIOUS:-- Start Date&Time: " $3,$4,echo "|| End Date&Time:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suri.tyson
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate the time difference.

Hi All, I've written a script which reads all the systems backup information and saves it in a log file. ssh -l ora${sid} ${primaryhost} "tail -1 /oracle/$ORACLE_SID/sapbackup/back$ORACLE_SID.log" | awk '{print $3,$4,$5,$6}' >> ${RESULTFILE} The output comes as below: 2008-09-30 06.00.01... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suri.tyson
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get data between the start time and end time?

Hi, Can anyone help me how can I get the line that between the start time and end time. file1.txt 15/03/2009 20:45:03 Request: - Data of this line 15/03/2009 20:45:12 Response: - Data of this line 15/03/2009 22:10:40 Request: - Data of this line 15/03/2009 22:10:42 Response: - Data of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tanit
1 Replies

6. Linux

Process start time not showing correct time

Process start time is not showing the correct time: I had started a process on Jun 17th at 23:30:00. Next day morning when I run the command "ps -ef | grep mq", the process is showing the start date of Jun 17th but the start time is 00:16:41 Day/Date is setup correctly on the server. It... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemangjani
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate age of a file | calculate time difference

Hello, I'm trying to create a shell script (#!/bin/sh) which should tell me the age of a file in minutes... I have a process, which delivers me all 15 minutes a new file and I want to have a monitoring script, which sends me an email, if the present file is older than 20 minutes. To do... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: worm
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate time difference

I have time in a file in HH:MM:SS format as it contents(its not the file creation time). i need this to be converted to epoch time or time since 1970. The time is written into that file by a script, which i cannot modify. Im using AIX machine $ cat abc.txt 10:29:34 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpk_newbie
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate time difference between two lines

i grepped the time stamp in a file as given below now i need to calculate time difference file data: 18:29:10 22:15:50 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekn
5 Replies
Date::Manip::TZdata(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Date::Manip::TZdata(3)

NAME
Date::Manip::TZdata -- Internal module for working with the tzdata files SYNOPSIS
use Date::Manip::TZdata; $tzd = new Date::Manip::TZdata($dir); DESCRIPTION
This module is not intended for public use. It is used internally by the scripts used to analyze the time zone database and generate the modules for each time zone. The module is included in the distribution solely for the sake of completeness. Currently, no support is offered for this module, and it can (and may) change without notice. This module consists of routines for working with the tzdata files obtained from ftp://ftp.iana.org/tz/ . These files are updated several times a year and are the basis for time zone descriptions for most computer systems. ROUTINES
new use Date::Manip::TZdata; $tzd = new Date::Manip::TZdata($dir); This finds and reads in all the tzdata. If $dir is passed in, it is the directory where a tzdata directory is located. It defaults to the current directory. KNOWN LIMITATIONS
Some assumptions and limitations are assumed in the logic of this module. When a time change occurs, the time may change backwards or forwards. Time changes rules are listed on a per-year basis. It is assumed that time changes will not occur so close to the end or start of the year as to cross the year boundary (in other words, the year will not change as a result of the time change). This is not accounted for, and it is hoped that this situation will never occur. Also, because this module is strictly limited to 4 digit positive years (regardless of whether it is wallclock or universal time), and because various parts of the module switch back and forth, valid times for this module are from Jan 2, 0001 to Dec 30, 9999. This ensures that conversions from wallclock to universal or vice versa will never make dates occur in the year 0000 or 10000. KNOWN BUGS
None known. BUGS AND QUESTIONS
Please refer to the Date::Manip man page for information on submitting bug reports or questions to the author. AUTHOR
Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org) perl v5.16.3 2014-06-09 Date::Manip::TZdata(3)