Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ITERATION: remove row based on string value Post 302450245 by asanjuan on Thursday 2nd of September 2010 04:21:42 AM
Old 09-02-2010
ITERATION: remove row based on string value

It work !!!! Step-1 is almost done;

I tried to create iteration loop:
---------------
Code:
#!/bin/bash
for d in $(\ls -d *.asa)
do
  awk '!($4=="AT" && $9 > 0.10)' > file
done

-----------------

Question is how to printout an output for each files in d ? The 'file' written above needs to be changed such that each output is written into separate files accordingly.

Thank you for your kind help.

Last edited by Franklin52; 09-02-2010 at 05:48 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags and indent your code

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate files based on text string?

Hi I have been struggling with a script for removing duplicate messages from a shared mailbox. I would like to search for duplicate messages based on the “Message-ID” string within the messages files. I have managed to find the duplicate “Message-ID” strings and (if I would like) delete... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spangberg
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove row if string is same as previous row

I have data like: Blue Apple 6 Red Apple 7 Yellow Apple 8 Green Banana 2 Purple Banana 8 Orange Pear 11 What I want to do is if $2 in a row is the same as $2 in the previous row remove that row. An identical $2 may exist more than one time. So the out file would look like: Blue... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcfargo
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove duplicated based on longest row & largest value in a column

Hii i have a file with data as shown below. Here i need to remove duplicates of the rows in such a way that it just checks for 2,3,4,5 column for duplicates.When deleting duplicates,retain largest row i.e with many columns with values should be selected.Then it must remove duplicates such that by... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: reva
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove characters from string based on occurrence of a string

Hello Folks.. I need your help .. here the example of my problem..i know its easy..i don't all the commands in unix to do this especiallly sed...here my string.. dwc2_dfg_ajja_dfhhj_vw_dec2_dfgh_dwq desired output is.. dwc2_dfg_ajja_dfhhj it's a simple task with tail... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: victor369
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

String manipulation row by row

Dear masters, I stuck again in a very tricky situation,so need your valuable inputs. I have a file having rows as below: _Db _Database 1023 1 1 1 17.0B 0.2 1.0 _Field _Field-Name 3 2 2 11 56.2K 64.1 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patric2326
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line based on string and put new line with parameter

Hi Folks, I am new to ksh, i have informatica parameter file that i need to update everyday with shell script. i need your help updating this file with new parameters. sample data $$TABLE1_DATE=04-27-2011 $$TABLE2_DATE=04-23-2011 $$TABLE3_DATE=03-19-2011 .......Highligned... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: victor369
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove lines in a positional file based on string value

Gurus, I am relatively new to Unix scripting and am struck with a problem in my script. I have positional input file which has a FLAG indicator in at position 11 in every record of the file. If the Flag has value =Y, then the record from the input needs to be written to a new file.However if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsam
3 Replies

8. Programming

String array iteration causing segfault

I am populating an array of string and print it. But it going in infinite loop and causing segfault. char Name = { "yahoo", "rediff", "facebook", NULL }; main(int argc, char* argv) { int j = 0; ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to remove duplicates based on field and row

I am trying to see if I can use awk to remove duplicates from a file. This is the file: -==> Listvol <== deleting /vol/eng_rmd_0941 deleting /vol/eng_rmd_0943 deleting /vol/eng_rmd_0943 deleting /vol/eng_rmd_1006 deleting /vol/eng_rmd_1012 rearrange /vol/eng_rmd_0943 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting single row into multiple rows based on for every 10 digits of last field of the row

Hi ALL, We have requirement in a file, i have multiple rows. Example below: Input file rows 01,1,102319,0,0,70,26,U,1,331,000000113200000011920000001212 01,1,102319,0,1,80,20,U,1,241,00000059420000006021 I need my output file should be as mentioned below. Last field should split for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotra
4 Replies
BLAZE-REMOVE(1) 					    BlazeBlogger Documentation						   BLAZE-REMOVE(1)

NAME
blaze-remove - removes a post or page from the BlazeBlogger repository SYNOPSIS
blaze-remove [-fipqPV] [-b directory] id... blaze-remove -h|-v DESCRIPTION
blaze-remove removes a blog post or a page with the specified id from the BlazeBlogger repository. OPTIONS
-b directory, --blogdir directory Allows you to specify a directory in which the BlazeBlogger repository is placed. The default option is a current working directory. -p, --page, --pages Tells blaze-remove to remove a page or pages. -P, --post, --posts Tells blaze-remove to remove a blog post or blog posts. This is the default option. -f, --force Disables requiring manual confirmation of each blog post or page removal. This is the default option. -i, --interactive Enables requiring manual confirmation of each blog post or page removal. -q, --quiet Disables displaying of unnecessary messages. -V, --verbose Enables displaying of all messages. This is the default option. -h, --help Displays usage information and exits. -v, --version Displays version information and exits. EXAMPLE USAGE
Remove a blog post: ~]$ blaze-remove 10 Successfully removed the post with ID 10. Remove a page: ~]$ blaze-remove -p 4 Successfully removed the page with ID 4. Remove multiple blog posts: ~]$ blaze-remove 10 4 6 Successfully removed the post with ID 10, 4 and 6. Remove multiple blog posts safely: ~]$ blaze-remove -i 10 4 6 Remove the post with ID 10 titled `Debian and Fedora Packages'? y Remove the post with ID 4 titled `BlazeBlogger 0.8.0 RC2'? y Remove the post with ID 6 titled `BlazeBlogger 0.8.1'? y Successfully removed the post with ID 10, 4 and 6. SEE ALSO
blaze-config(1), blaze-add(1), blaze-list(1) BUGS
To report a bug or to send a patch, please, add a new issue to the bug tracker at <http://code.google.com/p/blazeblogger/issues/>, or visit the discussion group at <http://groups.google.com/group/blazeblogger/>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008-2011 Jaromir Hradilek This program is free software; see the source for copying conditions. It is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Version 1.2.0 2012-03-05 BLAZE-REMOVE(1)