Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to find a word in a file that appears next to a given keyword Post 302450199 by mwrg on Thursday 2nd of September 2010 01:59:48 AM
Old 09-02-2010
how to find a word in a file that appears next to a given keyword

Hi Experts,

I have a file which contains some text. i need to print the word next to a given keyword. Please help.

Ex: test.txt
Code:

=====================
NEXT HOST
=====================
 AEADBAS001
access-list 1 permit xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ip access-list extended BLA_Outgoing_Filter
access-list 1 permit xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
access-list 2 permit xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If i use the keyword "extended" it should return BLA_Outgoing_Filter

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Having 25 posts you should be familiar using code tags.

Last edited by zaxxon; 09-02-2010 at 07:53 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find a word in a file, and change a word beneath it ??

Hi all, I have a file with lines written somewhat like this. aaaa ccc aa linux browse = no xssxw cdcedc dcsdcd csdw police dwed dwd browse = no cdecec (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas027
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace only if the keyword is the first word in every line

How do I replace only if the keyword is at the begining of a line? Code: -- a = “This is a print statement” print a -- What if I want to replace print by #print only in the second line i.e only if the line starts with that keyword. Please help me out. I'm new to SED. -----Post... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexzubin
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find keyword from file and search in another file

hi dudes; this is my file.txt:20101228-180436_Down a 1 b 2 ... 20101228-190436_Rollback a 1 40 e 3 20 ... 20101228-180436_Down c 2 f 2 c 1 ... and i have a down.txt:a 1 aa 2 30 bb 1 40 b 2 ab 3 10 c 3 cd 4 50 ac 2 20 c 3 ad 1 0 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find EXACT word in files, just the word: no prefix, no suffix, no 'similar', just the word

I have a file that has the words I want to find in other files (but lets say I just want to find my words in a single file). Those words are IDs, so if my word is ZZZ4, outputs like aaZZZ4, ZZZ4bb, aaZZZ4bb, ZZ4, ZZZ, ZyZ4, ZZZ4.8 (or anything like that) WON'T BE USEFUL. I need the whole word... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chicchan
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the next word which falls just after a keyword?

Hi friends, i just want to know the command though which i can get the next word which comes just after a particluar keyword. For example: suppose text.out is file which contains a pl/sql procedure . i want to find out the word which falls just after the "table1" keyword. Thank... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: neelmani
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to catch a two word keyword which may contain a new line(may include spaces or tab) in it?

How to catch a two word keyword which may contain a new line(may include spaces or tab) in it. for example there is a file a.txt. $more a.txt create view as (select from ......... .......... ( select .... ( select ...... .. select only no ((( number ( select end (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: neelmani
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a Keyword in file and replace another keyword or add at the end of line

Hi I want to implement something like this: if( keyword1 exists) then check if(keyword2 exists in the same line) then replace keyword 2 with New_Keyword else Add New_Keyword at the end of line end if eg: Check for Keyword JUNGLE and add/replace... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract the word after a particular keyword throughout the file..

Hi Everyone, Need help in extracting the hostname from the below output. Expected output: DS-TESTB-GDS-1.TEST.ABC.COM DS-TESTB-GDS-2.TEST.ABC.COM .... ... /tmp $ cat -n /tmp/patchreport 1 /usr/bin/perl /admin/bin/patch/applyPatches.pl --apply_patches... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thiyagoo
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all lines in file such that each word on that line appears in at least n lines of the file

I have a file where every line includes four expressions with a caret in the middle (plus some other "words" or fields, always separated by spaces). I would like to extract from this file, all those lines such that each of the four expressions containing a caret appears in at least four different... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: uncleMonty
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to align/sort the column pairs of an csv file, based on keyword word specified in another file?

I have a csv file as shown below, xop_thy 80 avr_njk 50 str_nyu 60 avr_irt 70 str_nhj 60 avr_ngt 50 str_tgt 80 xop_nmg 50 xop_nth 40 cyv_gty 40 cop_thl 40 vir_tyk 80 vir_plo 20 vir_thk 40 ijk_yuc 70 cop_thy 70 ijk_yuc 80 irt_hgt 80 I need to align/sort the csv file based... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
7 Replies
PREZIP-BIN(1)						 Aspell Abbreviated User's Manual					     PREZIP-BIN(1)

NAME
prezip-bin - prefix zip delta word list compressor/decompressor SYNOPSIS
prezip-bin [ -V | -d | -z ] DESCRIPTION
prezip-bin compresses/decompresses sorted word lists from standard input to standard output. Prezip-bin is similar to word-list-compress(1) but it allows a larger character set of {0x00...0x09, 0x0B, 0x0C, 0x0E...0xFF} and multi-words larger than 255 characters in length. It can also decompress word-list-compress(1) compatible files. COMMANDS
Prezip-bin accepts only one of these commands. -V Display prezip-bin version number to standard output. -d Read a compressed word list from standard input and decompress it to standard output. This can be a word-list-compress(1) or a prezip-bin compressed file. -z Read a binary word list from standard input and compress it to standard output. EXAMPLES
prezip-bin -d <wordlist.cwl >wordlist.txt Decompress file wordlist.cwl to text file wordlist.txt prezip-bin -z <wordlist.txt >wordlist.pz 2>errors.txt Compress wordlist.txt to binary file wordlist.pz and send any error messages to a text file named errors.txt LC_COLLATE=C sort -u <wordlist.txt | prezip-bin -z >wordlist.pz Sort a word list, then pipe it to prezip-bin to create a compressed binary wordlist.pz file. prezip-bin -d <words.pz | aspell create master ./words.rws Decompress a wordlist, then pipe it to aspell(1) to create a spelling list. Please check the aspell(1) info manual for proper usage and options. TIPS
Prezip-bin is best used with sorted word list type files. It is not a general purpose compression program since resulting files may actu- ally increase in size. Unlike word-list-compress(1) if your word list has leading or trailing blank spaces for formatting purposes, you should remove them first before you compress your list using prezip-bin -z , otherwise those spaces will be included in the compressed binary output. DIAGNOSTICS
Prezip-bin normally exits with a return code of 0. If it encounters an error, a message is sent to standard error output (stderr), and prezip-bin exits with a non-zero return value. Error messages are listed below: (display help/usage message) Unknown command given on the command line so prezip-bin displays a usage message to standard error output. unknown format The input file appears not to be an expected format, or may possibly be a more advanced format. The output file will be empty. corrupt input This is only for the decompression command -d. The input file appeared to be of a correct format, but something appears wrong now. There may be some valid data in output, but due to input corruption, the rest of the file can not be completed. unexpected EOF The input file appeared okay but ended sooner than expected, therefore the output file is not complete. SEE ALSO
aspell(1), aspell-import(1), run-with-aspell(1), word-list-compress(1) Aspell is fully documented in its Texinfo manual. See the `aspell' entry in info for more complete documentation. REPORTING BUGS
For help, see the Aspell homepage at <http://aspell.net>. Send bug reports/comments to the Aspell user list at the above address. AUTHOR
This info page was written by Jose Da Silva <digital@joescat.com>. prezip-bin-0.1.2 2005-09-30 PREZIP-BIN(1)