Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: remove an element from array
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting remove an element from array Post 302449684 by zaxxon on Tuesday 31st of August 2010 07:27:58 AM
Old 08-31-2010
If it is a random number from the index, you can identify it.
If the index is unknown, what do you know then - the string?

I think both can be handled with the example.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

accessing my first element of array

Hello everyonel, I have an array set like so num=4 read name arr=name I go through while loop to assign different values to different array element from 1 to 4. when I try to access the FIRST element of the array I get the last one first. Like if I say ${arr} it will show the last element... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: afadaghi
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl delete an element from array

Probably I am not seeing it or I am not using the "delete" correctly I had the following codes but it does not work for me #!/bin/perl -w ... @sysFile1 = (a_b, a_c, a_d); @sysFile2 = (a_c, a_e, b_f); foreach $line1 (@sysFile1){ trim(\$line1); (my $tmp1, my $tmp2) = split/_/,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahtat99
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove an element from an array in PERL

Hello guys, I have the following question. Consider the following code in PERL for($xeAnumber=0; $xeAnumber<@xeAnumber; $xeAnumber++) { if(@xeAnumber==@final_file) { @final_file=@xeTimeStamp; }... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding array element in KSH

All, I would like to add the first 10 elements of an array. Here is how I am doing it now (only included first few add ops): #!/usr/bin/ksh ###Grab the array values out of a file### TOTAL=`awk '/time/' /tmp/file.out | awk '{print $4}'` set -A times $TOTAL SUM=$((${times} + times... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shoeless_Mike
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shift array element

I want to delete and 0th element of array in shell scrpit and also shift all others to one level up. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
2 Replies

6. Programming

how to put element of an array to first position.

hi, I have a array like my $array = ( "apple","ball","cat","dog","elephant"); how to push some element in the array to the first position. for example my final array should be elephant apple ball cat dog (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vprasads
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiplying array element

I am trying to take all the elements of an array and multiply them by 2, and then copy them to a new array. Here is what I have i=0 for true in DMGLIST do let DMGSIZES2="${DMGSIZES}"*2 let i++ done unset i echo ${DMGSIZES2} It does the calculation correctly for the first element,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nextyoyoma
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter output as an array element

I am filtering the value of Server status from a file and am storing it in a temp file which I compare later to exit with appropriate status. I am wondering if I can directly output the value of Server status as an array element and then compare the value of elements to get the right exit status ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paslas
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert an array element within regex?

Hello to all, I'm trying to separate the string "str" using a regex within match function. The substrings that I want to separate, begin with 22, 23, 24 or 25 and followed by 12 or 14 characters. And I want to replace 22 with MJS, 23 with UYT, 24 with WER and 25 with PIL. For this string... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Array Element

This question is for someone that's more familiar with Array Element. I need to know if the maximum array element that can be assigned is 1024 and if its so, Is there a workaround solution when the counter exceeded 1024? param_array="$param_nam" counter=$counter+1 #to avoid space... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cumeh1624
3 Replies
unset(3tcl)						       Tcl Built-In Commands						       unset(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
unset - Delete variables SYNOPSIS
unset ?-nocomplain? ?--? ?name name name ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command removes one or more variables. Each name is a variable name, specified in any of the ways acceptable to the set command. If a name refers to an element of an array then that element is removed without affecting the rest of the array. If a name consists of an array name with no parenthesized index, then the entire array is deleted. The unset command returns an empty string as result. If -nocom- plain is specified as the first argument, any possible errors are suppressed. The option may not be abbreviated, in order to disambiguate it from possible variable names. The option -- indicates the end of the options, and should be used if you wish to remove a variable with the same name as any of the options. If an error occurs, any variables after the named one causing the error are not deleted. An error can occur when the named variable does not exist, or the name refers to an array element but the variable is a scalar, or the name refers to a variable in a non-existent namespace. EXAMPLE
Create an array containing a mapping from some numbers to their squares and remove the array elements for non-prime numbers: array set squares { 1 1 6 36 2 4 7 49 3 9 8 64 4 16 9 81 5 25 10 100 } puts "The squares are:" parray squares unset squares(1) squares(4) squares(6) unset squares(8) squares(9) squares(10) puts "The prime squares are:" parray squares SEE ALSO
set(3tcl), trace(3tcl), upvar(3tcl) KEYWORDS
remove, variable Tcl 8.4 unset(3tcl)