Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error in script confirmed and to be continued Post 302449352 by zaxxon on Monday 30th of August 2010 10:27:03 AM
Old 08-30-2010
I did not understand.

You want a script that takes [yes|no] and if the answer is "yes", you want it to echo some text, right?
As a side note, you do not need to sudo for a simple echo. Every user with a shell can do this.
This User Gave Thanks to zaxxon For This Post:

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Scrolling text continued

Perderabo * Unix Daemon * Join Date: Aug 2001 Location: Ashburn, Virginia Posts: 9,071 Using head and tail like that is terribly inefficient. I decided to try a rewrite. Sheesh...I spent all morning on this.... Code: #! /usr/bin/ksh # # scroller --- display text, but sleep every... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamesapp
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel processing - continued

Hi, I am taking up the cue from where I was left in my earlier post ( link given below ) https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/231107-implement-parallel-processing.html I actually wanted to know the significance of using the Unix "wait" , which returns the control from background to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarjt
3 Replies

3. Linux

Debian Grub 1.99 alters BIOS (confirmed after formatting hard disk)

Hi, I am a long time Windows user and recently try this Debian Wheezy OS. Burn Debian ISO in Windows environment and then select DVD ROM drive to boot first in BIOS. The first installation of Debian (GNOME) was with multi-boot option that allows booting from hard disk and DVD drive. I then... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linuxmun
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a long literal continued next line

I am trying to identify all messages or prompts from a number of COBOL programs and they can usually be identified by a pair of double quotes on one line. However, sometimes the literal will not be finished on the first line but after a dash in column 7 of the next line, the literal will be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbport
6 Replies
LOCALE_GET_DISPLAY_SCRIPT(3)						 1					      LOCALE_GET_DISPLAY_SCRIPT(3)

Locale::getDisplayScript - Returns an appropriately localized display name for script of the input locale

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
publicstatic string Locale::getDisplayScript (string $locale, [string $in_locale]) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style string locale_get_display_script (string $locale, [string $in_locale]) Returns an appropriately localized display name for script of the input locale. If is NULL then the default locale is used. PARAMETERS
o $locale - The locale to return a display script for o $in_locale - Optional format locale to use to display the script name RETURN VALUES
Display name of the script for the $locale in the format appropriate for $in_locale. EXAMPLES
Example #1 locale_get_display_script(3) example <?php echo locale_get_display_script('sl-Latn-IT-nedis', 'en'); echo "; "; echo locale_get_display_script('sl-Latn-IT-nedis', 'fr'); echo "; "; echo locale_get_display_script('sl-Latn-IT-nedis', 'de'); ?> Example #2 OO example <?php echo Locale::getDisplayScript('sl-Latn-IT-nedis', 'en'); echo "; "; echo Locale::getDisplayScript('sl-Latn-IT-nedis', 'fr'); echo "; "; echo Locale::getDisplayScript('sl-Latn-IT-nedis', 'de'); ?> The above example will output: Latin; latin; Lateinisch SEE ALSO
locale_get_display_name(3), locale_get_display_language(3), locale_get_display_region(3), locale_get_display_variant(3). PHP Documentation Group LOCALE_GET_DISPLAY_SCRIPT(3)