Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Changing IP address on NCR UNIX Post 302448786 by vbe on Friday 27th of August 2010 04:09:50 AM
Old 08-27-2010
Did you edit the /etc/inet/sdf file?
Then you should have a /sbin/init.d or /etc/init.d with a something inet to stop/start
Im sure there is a link in /etc/rc2.d/Sxxinet

so you stop at the console xxinet stop
the start int gain xxinet start

So look for the ethernet config files and edit them, give the new IP values, then stop / start the inet subsystem

Cant help you more, thats ages I havent seen an NCR...
This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Changing Ip Address On Hp 700 Server Using Unix.

How do you change the ip address on a server using Unix?:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SAVDBYHIM
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xntpd on NCR unix

Hi, I'm having these errors when using xntpd on ncr unix. synchronisation lost Feb 25 09:10:14 in.xntpd: Previous time adjustment didn't complete Can anyone help me on this. Is it an issue with the time delay as the reference time servers are on different sites and the ping response is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bert.n
0 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Help - NCR Unix 3.02 MP-RAS

Hi, I am new to the UNIX operating system and would realy appreciate some answers to these problems. I have a unix box (Actually several of them throughout the different locations) that have NCR MP-RAS 3.02.x.x (with multiuser and possibly security packages installed.) Originally they had 2gb... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad7_98
4 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

NCR unix snmp agent

Good Day, I have requirement to monitor a number of NCR unix server for our unix team. As the System Management product that we use in out company does not have an agent for NCR unix I am investigating the SNMP route. I got the unix guys to enable SNMP however, it seems the default MIB that is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: priteshj
0 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Mount NCR Unix disk on Linux box

Hi all I have an NCR UNIX hard disk I need to mount it on a Linux box The FS Type in fdisk on linux is '63' for the partition How can i mount on my linux box ? what is kernel module i needed ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yasser202
6 Replies

6. HP-UX

NCR Unix MP-RAS - Mail not working

I am getting the following error when I send mail to any domain say abc123@xyz.com Not delivered to :due to 11 transfer failure (mail: Error #22 'Surrogate command failed ', rc =11) En Route to: xyz.com!abc123 =======surrogate command========== :/user/bin/uux -username -xyz.com!rmail... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rush143
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Equivalent of mmin in MP-RAS/NCR Unix

Hi, i created a script to look for the modified files in the last 15 minutes. But later was told that the server that we need to implement this script is an MP-RAS (NCR Unix) server on which i found mmin option of the find command doesnt work.:wall: Can anybody please let me know the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: utkarsh
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NCR UNIX help

Dear all I'm trying to virtualize NCR on UBUNTU host . I need a help ,I'm new to UNIX world . If any one ca send me step by step guide , I'll appreciate this very much . Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: semerouk
3 Replies

9. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Ncr UNIX

let me know to create a new partition on ncr unix with vxfs filesystem (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: venikathir
0 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Problem changing the email address associated with my UNIX.com account

Hello I have had an account for many years. I have attempted to change the email address associated with my account. After logging-in to unix.com and revising my email address, I received a 're-verification' email at that new address. The first link in that email took me to a page with the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: irb
1 Replies
ncakmod(1)							   User Commands							ncakmod(1)

NAME
ncakmod - start or stop the NCA kernel module SYNOPSIS
/etc/init.d/ncakmod start | stop DESCRIPTION
ncakmod is used to start or stop the Solaris Network Cache and Accelerator ("NCA") kernel module. When the start option is specified at the command-line, the NCA kernel module will be activated for all physical interfaces listed in the nca.if file. When the ncakmod command is invoked with the stop option, the NCA kernel module will print the following message: To stop NCA, please set the status configuration parameter to disable in ncakmod.conf and then reboot your system. See the ncakmod.conf(4) manual page for more information. Note that in order to properly stop NCA on your system, you must first edit the ncakmod.conf(4) file and set the status field to "disable," then reboot your system. OPTIONS
start Starts the NCA kernel module. stop Describes the current method for stopping the NCA feature. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Starting and Stopping the NCA Feature The following command is used to start the NCA feature: example% /etc/init.d/ncakmod start FILES
/etc/init.d/ncakmod The NCA kernel module startup script. /etc/nca/ncakmod.conf Specifies configuration options for the NCA kernel module. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWncar | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nca(1), ncab2clf(1), ncad_addr(4), nca.if(4), ncakmod.conf(4), ncalogd.conf(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 28 Sep 2001 ncakmod(1)