Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Using grep and zgrep then display the next few lines Post 302448214 by khestoi on Wednesday 25th of August 2010 01:07:26 PM
Old 08-25-2010
Nope. The -A option is not available.
I tried the awk command and it works but it will only yeild one result.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep / zgrep to output ONLY the matching filename and line number?

Hi all, I am trying to zgrep / grep list of files so that it displays only the matching filename:line number and does not display the whole line, like: (echo "1.txt";echo "2.txt") | xargs zgrep -no STRING If I use -o option, it displays the matching STRING and if not used, displays the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vvaidyan
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with "grep", need to display several lines

I have a file from which I need to collect lines to another file. I know how to use 'grep' for this, but I don't know how to do when I wan't several lines after the search word, and the amount of lines I need varies from case to case. The file I search in looks something like this: >8534734... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Draken
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep and display n lines after the match is found.

Hello, How do I use grep to find a pattern in a list of file and then display 5 lines after the pattern is matched Eg: I want to match the string GetPresentCode in all files in a folder and then see 4 lines following this match. I am not sure if grep is what should be used to achieve. Thanks!... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cv_pan
3 Replies

4. Solaris

grep and display few lines before and after

Hi is there a way in grep to display few lines before and after the pattern?? I tried options A and B and after-context and before-context. But they don't work on Solaris platform. please advise. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep and display lines from a file

I have to grep on a few words in a file and then display the line containing those words and the line above it. For ex - File1.txt contains... abc xyz abc This is a test Test successful abc xyz abc Just a test Test successful I find the words 'Test successful' in the file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: user7617
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep word after last occurance of string and display next few lines

Hi, I wanted to grep string "ERROR" and "WORNING" after last occurrence of String "Starting" only and wanted to display two lines after searched ERROR and WORNING string and one line before. I have following cronjob log file "errorlog" file and I have written the code for same in Unix as below... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: nes
17 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep multiple exact match, do not display lines

Hi, Need help to grep the following from a file x. I just want to grep exact match not lines and not partial word. CONFSUCCESS CONFFAIL CONFPARTIALSUCCESS >cat x xczxczxczc zczczcxx CONFSUCCESS czczczcczc czxxczxzxczcczc CONFFAIL xczxczcxcczczc zczczczcz CONFPARTIALSUCCESS czczxcxzc ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshwebspere
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep pattern and display all lines below

Hi I need to grep for a patter and display all lines below the pattern. For ex: say my file has the below lines file1 file2 file3 file4 file5 I NEED to grep for patter file3 and display all lines below the pattern. do we have an option to get this data. Let me know if you require... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkidhadha
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep and display multiple lines

Hi guys, I have a log file that generates multiple logs about a query. <query time='2016-04-13 13:01:50.825'> <PagingRequestHandler> <Before>brand:vmu</Before> <After>brand:vmu</After> </PagingRequestHandler> <GroupDeviceFilterHandler> <Before>brand:vmu</Before> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display lines for a particular year in a file using grep

hi, I have a log file with data for more than 3 years, i want only the rows for the year 2017, say for example. My file has the data like this 08-OCT-2015 11:17:35 AAA, BBBB 08-OCT-2017 11:17:35 AAA,Bdfdfd,dfdfd,dfd 08-Nov-2017 11:17:35 AAA,Bdfdfd,dfdfd,deree i want the rows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skoshekay
2 Replies
PERLPRIMER(1)						      General Commands Manual						     PERLPRIMER(1)

NAME
perlprimer - graphically specify amplicon of DNA or mRNA sequences and design primers SYNOPSIS
perlprimer DESCRIPTION
PerlPrimer calculates primer melting temperature using J. SantaLucia's extensive nearest-neighbour thermodynamic parameters. To adjust for the salt conditions of the PCR, PerlPrimer uses the empirical formula derived by von Ahsen, et al. (2001) and allows the user to specify the concentration of Mg2+, dNTPs and primers, or use standard PCR conditions. The result is a highly accurate prediction of primer melting temperature, giving rise to a maximum yeild of product when amplified. PerlPrimer is written in Perl and requires Perl/Tk. In addition, for QPCR functionality PerlPrimer requires the open-source Spidey executable from NCBI. The program is designed to be cross-platform com- patible and has been developed and tested on both Microsoft Windows and GNU/Linux-based operating systems. Users have also reported success using the program under Mac OS X. SEE ALSO
A very nice tutorial on http://perlprimer.sourceforge.net is also distributed as a debian package perlprimer-doc. AUTHOR
perlprimer was written by Owen Marshall <owenjm@users.sourceforge.net> This manual page was assembled by Steffen Moeller <steffen_moeller@gmx.de>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 6 January 2005 PERLPRIMER(1)