Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: GREP/CUT/AWK to Arrays
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting GREP/CUT/AWK to Arrays Post 302448024 by Scott on Wednesday 25th of August 2010 04:53:05 AM
Old 08-25-2010
No no no. This will never do.

Please continue with your original thread:

https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...cut-array.html

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

[grep awk cut] > awk

Hi, I'm very new to scripting. grep $s $filename | awk '{print $2}' | cut -c 1-8 How can I optimize this using a single awk? I tried: awk '/$s/ {print $2}' $filename | cut -c 1-8 However didn't work, I think the awk is not recognizing $s and the verbal is something else. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: firdousamir
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help with awk and arrays

now its owkring - thanks fo rthe help all . (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fusionX
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk arrays can do this better - but how?

Hi, I have spent the afternoon trawling Google, Unix.com and Unix in a Nutshell for information on how awk arrays work, and I'm not really getting too far. I ahve a batch of code that I am pretty sure can be better managed using awk, but I'm not sure how to use awk arrays to do what I'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: littleIdiot
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed Awk Cut Grep Combination Help ?

I have been reading for a few hours trying to educate myself enough to accomplish this task, so please know I have performed some research. Unfortunately, I am not a *NIX scripting expert, or a coder. I come from a network background instead. SO, here is my desired outcome. I have some Cisco... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abbzer0
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk/sed solution for grep,cut

Hi, From the file "example" with lines like below, I need the int value associated with ENG , i.e, 123 SUB: ENG123, GROUP 1 SUB: HIS124, GROUP 1 .. .. Normally , i do grep ENG example | cut -d ' ' -f 2 | cut -c 4-6 Is it possible to do it in simpler way using awk/sed ? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyam
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using grep and cut within awk

Hi My input file looks like as follows: say a.txt "aaaa cc","224 AW","ss cccccc","P06 09/10","dddddd" "aaaa cc","224 AW","ss cccccc","P06 09/10","dddddd" "aaaa cc","224 AW","ss cccccc","P06 09/10","dddddd" "aaaa cc","224 AW","ss cccccc","P06 09/10","dddddd" "aaaa cc","224 AW","ss... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bittoo
5 Replies

7. Slackware

How should I cut this line using cut and grep?

not sure how to do it. wan't to delete it using cut and grep ince i would use it in the shell. but how must the command be? grep "64.233.181.103 wwwGoogle.com" /etc/hosts | cut -d the delimeter is just a space. can you help meplease. :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garfish
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using a combination of sort/cut/grep/awk/join/paste/sed

I have a file and need to only select users that have a shell of “/bin/bash” in the line using awk or sed please help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: boyboy1212
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dealing with Double Loops, Arrays and GREP

Can someone please help me to learn how to deal with loops, arrays and grep? I have two arrays (lets say I and j) each in a separate file And have file with lines of data I need to extract, such as Ruby Smith: some text here Ruby Smith: some other text here Ruby Brown: some text here Ruby... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-V
10 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)