Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting print first few lines, then apply regex on a specific column to print results. Post 302447892 by kchinnam on Tuesday 24th of August 2010 03:24:55 PM
Old 08-24-2010
Perfect.. Thanks a lot.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about sort specific column and print other column at the same time !

Hi, This is my input file: ali 5 usa abc abu 4 uk bca alan 6 brazil bac pinky 10 utah sdc My desired output: pinky 10 utah sdc alan 6 brazil bac ali 5 usa abc abu 4 uk bca Based on the column two, I want to do the descending order and print out other related column at the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines after regex

Hello, I need to print four lines inmediatly after the regexp, but not the line containing the regexp. The print should show the four lines together in one. Thanks! (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: auratus42
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines that match regex on xth string

Hello, I need an awk command to print only the lines that match regex on xth field from file. For example if I use this command awk -F"|" ' $22 == "20130117090000.*" 'It wont work, I think, because single quotes wont allow the usage of the metacharacter star * . On the other hand I dont know... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To print lines between 2 timestamps using awk|sed and regex

Hi, I am using the following code to fetch lines that are generated in last 1 hr . Hence, I am using date function to calculate -last 1 hr & the current hr and then somehow use awk (or sed-if someone could guide me better) with some regex pattern. dt_1=`date +%h" "%d", "%Y\ %l -d "1 hour... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarah-alikhan31
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print results from two lines using awk?

I need to print a specific string from an html file that's always occurring between two other known strings. Example: from the text below, I would like to print the bolded part: <this is a lot of text before the string I want to print> fullpath: abc/def/ghi/example.xlf -cfver. <sample text... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: danegon
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines that contain a value in a specific column shared by more than 1 entity in another col

I want to expand on a question that I just asked here: I want to extract only those values in Column 2 that are shared by at least 2 unique values in Column 2. Using the same input (in this case 3- tab-separated columns): waterline-n below-sheath-v 14.8097 dock-n below-sheath-v ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Print New Column For Every Two Lines and Match On Multiple Column Values to print another column

Hi, My input files is like this axis1 0 1 10 axis2 0 1 5 axis1 1 2 -4 axis2 2 3 -3 axis1 3 4 5 axis2 3 4 -1 axis1 4 5 -6 axis2 4 5 1 Now, these are my following tasks 1. Print a first column for every two rows that has the same value followed by a string. 2. Match on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print multiple specific column after a specific word?

Hello.... Pls help me (and sorry my english) :) So I have a file (test.txt) with 1 long line.... for example: isgc jsfh udgf osff 8462 error iwzr 653 idchisfb isfbisfb sihfjfeb isfhsi gcz eifh How to print after the "error" word the 2nd 4th 5th and 7th word?? output well be: 653 isfbisfb... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marvinandco
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing OSX UNIX command results which print in multiple lines

from the CLI on a Mac, if you type networksetup -listallnetworkservices then you get results in a multi-line paragraph that look something like this: networksetup -listallnetworkservices An asterisk (*) denotes that a network service is disabled. Wi-Fi Display Ethernet Bluetooth DUN... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hungryd
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

(n)awk: print regex search output lines in one line

Hello. I have been looking high and low for the solution for this. I seems there should be a simple answer, but alas. I have a big xml file, and I need to extract certain information from specific items. The information I need can be found between a specific set of tags. let's call them... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tobias-Reiper
2 Replies
pbmreduce(1)						      General Commands Manual						      pbmreduce(1)

NAME
pbmreduce - read a portable bitmap and reduce it N times SYNOPSIS
pbmreduce [-floyd|-fs|-threshold ] [-value val] N [pbmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable bitmap as input. Reduces it by a factor of N, and produces a portable bitmap as output. pbmreduce duplicates a lot of the functionality of pgmtopbm; you could do something like pnmscale | pgmtopbm, but pbmreduce is a lot faster. pbmreduce can be used to "re-halftone" an image. Let's say you have a scanner that only produces black&white, not grayscale, and it does a terrible job of halftoning (most b&w scanners fit this description). One way to fix the halftoning is to scan at the highest possible res- olution, say 300 dpi, and then reduce by a factor of three or so using pbmreduce. You can even correct the brightness of an image, by using the -value flag. OPTIONS
By default, the halftoning after the reduction is done via boustrophedonic Floyd-Steinberg error diffusion; however, the -threshold flag can be used to specify simple thresholding. This gives better results when reducing line drawings. The -value flag alters the thresholding value for all quantizations. It should be a real number between 0 and 1. Above 0.5 means darker images; below 0.5 means lighter. All flags can be abbreviated to their shortest unique prefix. SEE ALSO
pnmenlarge(1), pnmscale(1), pgmtopbm(1), pbm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1988 by Jef Poskanzer. 02 August 1989 pbmreduce(1)