Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl Script to find & copy words from Web. Post 302446787 by libertyforall on Thursday 19th of August 2010 05:36:05 PM
Old 08-19-2010
Does anyone have any ideas? I need at least the command to search a document and then a command to print text.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find & copy files with absolute path

hi all, can i get script find file & copy that file with path for an example sourse : /home/abc/ destination : /home/backup/ files which need to find : tmp* copy these files with its absolute path inside like :- /home/abc/x/y/z/tmp.txt to /home/backup/date/x/y/z/tmp.txt thanks in... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagnikam
15 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in script; [ script to control a sentence & its words ]

Hello friends, I am looking for any sed/awk/python script that can identify the position of a character or word in a file. Well, I prefer sed. <space> is a tab space since I actually dont know how to make the forum editor display a space as such. Sample text ----------- ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

strpping words - perl script

hi below is a regex that i have framed to strip some bad words from my text. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sgiri1
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find & Copy Selected files to another Directory

I am wanting to find files within a directory that are over a certain number of days old and copy them to another directory. And unfortunately not having much luck.......is someone able to help. Would also like to add that there are literally thousands of files that I am wanting to copy in one... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hellfyre
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to copy contents of a web page

Hi All, Sorry to ask this question and i am not sure whether it is possible. please reply to my question. Thanks in advance. I need a perl script ( or any linux compatible scripts ) to copy the graphical contents of the webpage to a word pad. Say for example, i have a documentation site... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.linux1984
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find & Replace string in multiple files & folders using perl

find . -type f -name "*.sql" -print|xargs perl -i -pe 's/pattern/replaced/g' this is simple logic to find and replace in multiple files & folders Hope this helps. Thanks Zaheer (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaheer.mic
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to grep 2 words from Perl Script results in Terminal....

Hey guys. I have a .pl script that scans my hosts to see if they are down or up. I can run it anytime I want. The script uses a conf file that contains text lines of the IP addresses of the servers. I run the script from the command line of my terminal (MAC OS) I run: sudo ./scanner.pl brings... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoyoyo777
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find out words, replace them and count words

hello, i 'd like your help about a bash script which: 1. finds inside the html file (it is attached with my post) the code number of the Latest Stable Kernel, 2.finds the link which leads to the download location of the Latest Stable Kernel version, (the right link should lead to the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex83
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Grep & find & while read line in a script

Hello people! I would like to create one script following this stage I have one directory with 100 files File001 File002 ... File100 (This is the format of content of the 100 files) 2012/03/10 12:56:50:221875936 1292800448912 12345 0x00 0x04 0 then I have one... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abv_mx81
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl find & replace - what am I doing wrong?

Hi! I have a directory full of .plist type files from which I need to delete a line. Not every file contains the line, but of course I'd like to do it recursively. The line which I want to delete is: <string>com.apple.PhotoBooth</string> and looks like this in its native habitat: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudon't
9 Replies
CG(1)																	     CG(1)

NAME
cg - Recursively grep for a pattern and store it. SYNOPSIS
cg [ -l ] | [ [ -i ] pattern [ files ] ] DESCRIPTION
cg does a search though text files (usually source code) recursively for a pattern, storing matches and displaying the output in a human- readable fashion. It is intended to give some of the functionaly of AT&T's cscope(1) tool, with the advantages of simplicity and not being language-specific. The script will colorize output if configured as such. It is typically run with a Perl regular expression to search for. The search can be made case insensitive by using the -i option. A list of files may also be specified with an additional argument after the pattern. Put the files pattern in quotes to make it be matched by Perl rather than by the shell. Running the script with no arguments will recall the results of the previous search. After the search, entries found can be edited using the vg(1) script. The -l option shows the last log made. SOME EXAMPLES
cg - alone recalls the previous search results. cg -i pattern - search the default list of files for all files matching the pattern (and case-insensitively). cg pattern '*.c' - search recursively for pattern in all *.c files. This automatically converts '*' to '.*' and '.' to '.' for you and does a Perl pattern match on all files in the tree. cg pattern *.c - search through the shell-expanded list of *.c files, so not done recursively (in other words, only the files your shell pass to the script as arguments). cg -l - show the last log made. COMMAND-LINE OPTIONS -i Do a case-insensitive search. -l Show the last log made. -p Toggle the default pager option. cg has a bulit-in pager function, which can be enabled or disabled by default (in .cgvgrc). If the default is enabled, this option disables the pager; if the default is disabled, this option enables it. -P Force the built-in pager to be disabled. FILES
${HOME}/.cglast Log file of the last search. ${HOME}/.cgvgrc Per-user configuration file (if the defaults are not desireable). ${HOME}/.cgvg/* Log files in $HOSTNAME.shell_pid form with the log of the last search. SEE ALSO
vg(1), perl(1), find(1), grep(1), cscope(1) AUTHOR
cg was written by Joshua Uziel <uzi@uzix.org>. 13 Mar 2002 CG(1)