Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Do I need to configure my local windows to FTP files from local windows to a UNIX AIX server? Post 302446747 by dukessd on Thursday 19th of August 2010 01:22:55 PM
Old 08-19-2010
It seems like the FTP server is not running on the XP system, can you FTP by command line instead of the script to test it?

XP does not have an FTP server configured by default, please post on an XP forum if you need assistance with the XP ftp server configuration.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer files from Unix server to Windows using FTP

Dear Friend, I don't know much about unix.I am an VB6.0 Programmer.I need to move an text files as aaa.txt from unix server to windows "D: " driver using the FTP protocol.Is it possible to do this with help of unix shell script.If possible please give some sample codes. Please answer as early... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gjsaravanan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files from remote server to local server

Hi, I am facing a weired problem in my FTP script. I want to transfer multiple files from remote server to local server everyday, using mget * in my script. I also, want to send an email for successful or failed FTP. My script works for file transfer, but it don't send any mail. There is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: berlin_germany
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to FTP a file from the local folder to unix server

Hi All, please help me to write a shell that ftp a file which is in the local (C:\) drive to a Unix server. Where as i know the IP for the Unix server. i could do this process by using ftp command. pls help me to write as Shell script. Thanks in advance for all of your answers.:b::b: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: little_wonder
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to ftp the files from windows to unix server

Hi, I need to ftp some input files from windows to unix server.All the files will be saved in the C drive in my machine. Currently all these files are transferring manually to the unix server.I need to write a shell script which ftp the files from windows to unix box.When I searched in the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP from unix to windows local PC

Team, I want to FTP a file from unix to windows. $ ftp <GBRPLM-local machine name> ftp : Unknown host GBRPLMW0D0AE98 I want to do this thru a shell script - please advise any alternative solutions. I can able to do this via command prompt want to add this in the script so. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sampath.Rachcha
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp files from local sys to unix server

Hi All, can anybody explain me how to ftp files from local system to unix server using Shell scripting without using any softwares. i have developed some code but its not wrking. lclpath=/dba58/d039/ftppubd/ajay echo $lclpath cd $lclpath user='rajesh' pswd='rajesh' host="3.209.136.253"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh_pola
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script to Copy files from one Windows server to another Windows server.

Can anybody please help me on how to code for the below requirement: I need to write a shell script (on different unix server) to copy files from multiple folders (ex. BRN-000001) from one windows server (\\boldls-mwe-dev4)to a different windows server(\\rrwin-ewhd04.ecomad.int). This shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SravsJaya
4 Replies

8. IP Networking

How to transfer files from UNIX server to windows machine or vice versa using ftp or sftp commands?

hi, i want to write a shell script code which transfers files from a directory in unix server to a directory in a windows machine.. can any1 give me a sample code which uses ftp or sftp command.. thanks very much, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from Linux server local windows machine using a shell script

Hello, I need to create a shell script which will copy files - which are created on particular date and starting with particular name - to local windows XP machine. Is this possible.? Currently it is being done manually using winscp (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NarayanaPrakash
1 Replies

10. Solaris

FTP-ing files from Windows server to UNIX server

I need to transfer files from a Windows server to the Unix server and have to run some shell script on it to get the required output. Is it possible to transfer files from Windows server to unix server through any shell script? If so can you please help me with the details. Thanks in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
8 Replies
ftpconfig(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     ftpconfig(1M)

NAME
ftpconfig - set up anonymous FTP SYNOPSIS
ftpconfig [ftpdir] ftpconfig -d ftpdir DESCRIPTION
The ftpconfig script is executed by the super user to set up anonymous FTP. Anonymous FTP allows users to remotely log on to the FTP server by specifying the user name ftp or anonymous and the user's email address as password. The anonymous users are logged on to the FTP Server and given access to a restricted file area with its own file system root. See chroot(2). The FTP area has its own minimal system files. This command will copy and set up all the components needed to operate an anonymous FTP server, including creating the ftp user account, creating device nodes, copying /usr/lib files, and copying timezone data. The passwd and group files set up have been stripped down to prevent malicious users from finding login names on the server. The anonymous file area will be placed under ftpdir. If the ftp user account already exists, then the current FTP area is used, and the system files in it are updated. All other files are left untouched. This command should be run to update the anonymous FTP area's configuration whenever a system patch is installed, or the system is upgraded. OPTIONS
-d Create a new or update an existing ftpdir without creating or updating the ftp user account. Use this option when creating guest FTP user accounts. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: ftpdir The absolute pathname of the directory under which the anonymous FTP area is set up. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion 1 Improper usage of the command 2 Command failed ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpaddhost(1M), in.ftpd(1M), useradd(1M), chroot(2), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftpconfig(1M)