Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users problem in Unix Env. in Shell script Post 302446344 by girija on Wednesday 18th of August 2010 10:15:16 AM
Old 08-18-2010
Thanks a lot it worked

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem in incrementin a variable in UNIX shell script

I have a simple query If we have BATCH= 081675 and incremnting it by one as BATCH=`expr ${BATCH} + 000001`; We can't get BATCH = 081676 but gets BATCH = 81676 Can anyone tell why i am getting this value and not the rquired one and how i could get the required one? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: communicator
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run cmds after changing to a new env (shell) in a shell script

Hi, I am using HP-UNIX. I have a requirement as below I have to change env twice like: cadenv <env> cadenv <env> ccm start -d /dbpath ccm tar -xvf *.tar ccm rcv .... mv *.tar BACKUP but after I do the first cadenv <env> , I am unable to execute any of the later commands . ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlei
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Source Env file in the Shell Script

Hi I am having a script which sets the application environment. In this script i am sourcing the applications env file, when i am debugging the script i see its executing all the environment values and all the variable values are set properply. Once this main shell script executes, then... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: umakanthly
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to reuse a shell script to change env from perl

Hi: I am trying to reuse an existing shell script foo1.csh to set environment variables inside a perl script and its childern processes. Is it possible at all to make those environment variables persistent in the main perl process and its children processes? Do I have to create a new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil518
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set/Export Env Vars from with Shell Script With Input Variable

I have a shell script I want to run that will set environment variables based on the value of an input variable submitted when the shell script is called. For example: $ mgenv.sh prod This would set environment variables for prod $ mgenv.sh test This would set environment variables... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brtaylor73
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with a Unix script Env setting

Hi, I have the below script #------------------------------------------------------------------------------ #Set up environment variables #------------------------------------------------------------------------------ SCRIPTS_DIR=/remedy/scripts/ServerVolumeBilling... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilvaranasi_02
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh env setting using shell script

Hi All, I have made a file file usercreate.sh & it has to run in tcsh env & needs some path to be set. my script is as below. ########################## #!/bin/csh setenv PATH "/usr/lib/java/class" setenv LD_LIBRARAY_PATH ########################### but when i am ruuning my script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to set/get shell env variable in python script

greetings, i have a sh script that calls a python script. the sh script sets an env variable BIN: export BIN=bin64i need to get that BIN variable's value and use it within this python script. anyone know how to do this? thanx in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimso
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - ENV Variable context problem using su

Hello I have found some piece of code to verify and then run shell script with root permission from normal user. see : http://blog.mecworks.com/articles/2006/02/23/bash-scripting-tip-running-a-script-as-root I have wrote two scripts using this tips. - one to copy file from server to local... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for Setting Env Variables

Hello All. Good Afternoon. I need one small help regarding setting of env variables for a particular host by getting it from the DB. For ex : 1. I am using LOCALHOST. 2. When I run a ./hostset.sh it should pick up the Oracle home details from associated DB and set it. Please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PavanPatil
1 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)