Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting I need script Copy permissions of files and folders from one server to another Post 302445967 by ave-phoenix on Tuesday 17th of August 2010 09:06:49 AM
Old 08-17-2010
thanks for all..
But.. how execute chmod with the file?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Copy Folders from Sun Solaris to Windows server.

Hi, I have a folder with diff subfolders in my Unix box and now I want to ftp all the floders into my Windows machine. Is there any easy way to do that. When I use the "mget " cmd and try to FTP the files, it throws an error that the sub folder name does not exist. Can you someone help in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandu_kalari
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Helppppppp I need script Copy permissions of files and folders from one server to another

Helpppppppppppppp Hi.. I have 2 servers with linux suse10. I made a mistake and on one of the servers changed with chmod the permission of root in directory /. In the other servers the permissions are correct Please i need a script, to change the permissions of one server 1, using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ave-phoenix
1 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows mass copy files with same name in differnt folders

I have files existing with same names in the folders with date as display below c:\2010-09-10 <==== folder arr1.jpg arr2.jpg arr3.jpg arr4.jpg c:\2010-09-09 <==== folder arr1.jpg arr2.jpg c:\2010-09-08 <==== folder arr2.jpg arr3.jpg arr4.jpg ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jville
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy mutilple files to mutiple folders

Hi, I just started to learn shell progamming and just can't get my head around the following problem. I need to do the following: I have a folder which contains 100+ subfolders. Inside these subfolders there is one folder named 'Morph' and several jpg's. I need to copy all the files into... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: M474746
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop folders, delete files, copy new ones

Folks, I am hopeful that you may be able to help me out with writing a script that can be run nightly (as cron?) to loop through all subfolders within the "/media" directory, delete all of the files in each of them, and then copy in all of the files from the "/home//sansa" directory to each of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: acraig
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Script to compare two folders and copy missing files

Hi, I need help in shell scripting. If someone can help me, that would be great! Problem. I want Linux Script to compare two folders and copy missing files. Description. I have two directories /dir1 /dir2 I need to copy all distinct/new/unique/missing files from /dir1 and that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: S.Praveen Kumar
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Recursive copy of Folders with files

Dear All, I will appreciate any help received. Our system is running on hpux v1 My problem is as follows: We have many customer folders with name fd000100, fd000101 and so on e.g. (Testrun)(testsqa):/>ll /TESTrun/fd000100 total 48 drwxrwx--- 2 fq000100 test 96 Jun 27 2004... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhbd
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do you compare two folders and copy the difference to a third folder in a remote server?

How do you compare one local folder and a remote folder and copy the difference to a third folder in a remote folder.e.g. Folder A -- Is in a remote server and it has the following files TEST1.OUT TEST2.OUT TEST3.OUT Folder B --Is in a local server and it has the following files ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cumeh1624
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy files/folders and show the files/folders?

Hi, So i know we use cp -r as a basic to copy folders/files. I would like this BUT i would like to show the output of the files being copied. With the amazing knowledge i have i have gone as far as this: 1) find source/* -exec cp -r {} target/ \; 2) for ObjectToBeCopied in `find... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imre
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Command to change add permissions for a new user to all files in all subfolders and folders

Hi there! I'm new to Unix and haven't done command line stuff since MS-Dos and Turbo Pascal (hah!), I would love some help figuring out this basic command (what I assume is basic). I'd like to add a User to the permissions of all files in a folder and all files in all subfolders, as well... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Janjbrt
9 Replies
bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)					      General Commands Manual					       bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)

NAME
bssh/bvnc/bshell - Browse for SSH/VNC servers on the local network SYNOPSIS
bssh bvnc bshell DESCRIPTION
bssh/bvnc/bshell browses for SSH/VNC servers on the local network, shows them in a GUI for the user to select one and finally calls ssh/vncviewer after a selection was made. If the binary is called as bssh only ssh servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bvnc only VNC servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bshell both VNC and SSH servers are shown. OPTIONS
-s | --ssh Browse for SSH servers (and only SSH servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -v | --vnc Browse for VNC servers (and only VNC servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -S | --shell Browse for both VNC and SSH servers regardless under which name the binary is called. -d | --domain= DOMAIN Browse in the specified domain. If omitted bssh/bvnc/bshell will browse in the default browsing domain (usually .local) -h | --help Show help. AUTHORS
The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/ SEE ALSO
avahi-browse(1), ssh(1), vncviewer(1) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)