Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to read the man page for commands related to cluster Post 302445557 by kumarmani on Monday 16th of August 2010 08:44:50 AM
Old 08-16-2010
How to read the man page for commands related to cluster

Hi Experts,

In my system cluster is installed and the related files are inside /usr/cluster. I want to use the man page of command which are related to cluster.
The man pages related to cluster are inside /usr/cluster/man, however I am not sure how can I read the man page for command e.g. scconf etc.
I’ve no root access on this system

Thanks

Last edited by kumarmani; 08-16-2010 at 09:50 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do you create a man page?

i've never done this before. i created a script that I placed in /usr/bin, but want to create a man page for it. i'm clueless thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: theDirtiest
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

adding a man page

I was wonderiong if ther is a way for a user to add a man page specific to thier account. similar to copying the .1 or .1.gz to /usr/share/man/man1 "cp *.1.gz /usr/share/man/man1". Except for using another folder as I don't have access to /usr/share/man/man1. I would think that this might involve... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacob358
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

scp-1.2.27 man page

Hi Guys, I'm looking for the man page for scp version 1.2.27 I have an old redhat server that has a few large scripts that use this version and I want to know what the -A flag does and the man page is not on there. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tornado
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

man page issue

Man page is not working my system. It is giving the following the following error > man ls gdbm fatal: read error with debug option > man -d ls ... .... ... ... using less as pager checking for locale en_US add_nls_manpath(): processing /usr/local/man:/usr/share/man:/usr/X11R6/man... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenkumar_l
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to get help from man page

Help, it seem that i am unable to get man help form solaris 10. I am running SunOS unknown 5.10 Generic_120012-14 i86pc i386 i86pc when ever i try to man a command what i get is "No manual entry" like the one below. # man grep No manual entry for grep. # man ls No manual entry for ls.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezsurf
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Creating a Man page for a command

Hi, I would like to develop a man page as the one we usually get when we execute man <command name>. This man page will be for a samll utility that i have written. If this is not possible then what are the available possibilites for creating such help. thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.amilineni
2 Replies

7. Solaris

man page question

What does the last change means in man page .. does that this man page has not been updated since 2003 or something else ? newfs-options The options are documented in the newfs man page. SunOS 5.10 Last change: 9 Dec 2003 1 System... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error reading a man page

Hello, hope this is the correct forum for this question. I have created a man page, named nfwatchdog.1.gz. This man page was installed under /usr/share/man/man1. When I execute: man nfwatchdog from any location, the man page is incorrectly opened (I see ASCII garbage). But when I directly... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nardix
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing Man page output

I've been asked to come up with a command to display a man page that will continuously scrol (i.e. not hitting space/enter)l. Is there a way do this? I'm stumped. Thank you for your help. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Opy99
8 Replies
scversions(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    scversions(1M)

NAME
scversions - Sun Cluster version management SYNOPSIS
scversions [-c] DESCRIPTION
Note - Beginning with the Sun Cluster 3.2 release, Sun Cluster software includes an object-oriented command set. Although Sun Cluster software still supports the original command set, Sun Cluster procedural documentation uses only the object-oriented command set. For more infor- mation about the object-oriented command set, see the Intro(1CL) man page. The scversions command commits the cluster to a new level of functionality after a rolling-upgrade to new Sun Cluster software. With no arguments, the scversions command prints a message indicating whether a commitment is needed. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: -c Commit the set of nodes that are currently active members of the cluster to the highest possible level of functionality. When you upgrade a node (either through upgrade to a new release of the product or by application of a patch) and boot it back into the cluster, some of the internal protocols on that node might have to run at lower versions in order to cooperate cor- rectly with other nodes in the cluster. When the cluster is in this state, some administrative actions might be disabled and some new functionality introduced in the upgrade might be unavailable. When you run this command once from any node after all nodes are upgraded, the cluster switches to the highest versions of internal protocols possible. Assuming that all nodes have the same Sun Cluster software installed at that time, all new func- tionality becomes available and any administrative restrictions are removed. If a node that has not been upgraded is an active member of the cluster at the time you run the -c option to scversions, the command has no effect because the cluster is already running at the highest possible level of functionality. If a node has not been upgraded and is not an active member of the cluster when you run the -c option to scversions (for exam- ple, if that node is down for maintenance), the internal protocols of the cluster are upgraded to the highest possible ver- sions. You might have to upgrade the node that was not an active member of the cluster to enable it to rejoin the cluster. EXIT STATUS
0 Success non-zero Failure ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsczu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
scinstall(1M) Sun Cluster 3.2 17 Aug 2007 scversions(1M)