Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Enable and disable the auto mount Post 302443466 by ungalnanban on Monday 9th of August 2010 02:52:25 AM
Old 08-09-2010
MySQL Enable and disable the auto mount

How to enable and disable the auto mount option for USB devices.?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Enable and disable ttyS0

I have a modem connect it to ttyS0 , in unix sco i know i can disable and enable the port , how can i do this , is there a command that will allow me to do this. **** I'm running Redhat 9 *****External Usrobotics 56k Thanks a lot guys (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: josramon
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Enable/Disable rlogin and rcopy

How can i disable rlogin or rcopy from being running as a services in my system ? is there a way ? and is it gonna affect other remote services like ssh and telnet ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disable and Enable Backspace or Ctrl^H in vi

Could anybody tell me how I can disable or enable the backspace key in vi editor. I would like to feel the essence of the commands of vi editor but as I have the latest version and it is supporting the backspace key. I do it on promp using the command stty erase - This command stops the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobile01
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enable & disable cronjob

Hi All, I am new to cronjob and need some guidance on this. 1) How do i enable a cronjob ? Can it be done by "crontab mycronfile" or "crontab -e mycronfile" 2) How can i disable the cronjob? Can deleting of the "mycronfile" disable the cron or do i need to perform "crontab -r mycronfile"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
7 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

How to disable RIP and enable EGP

Hello, We recently had a Nessus scan done of our system and the solution to one of the findings was this: disable the RIP agent and use an EGP routing protocol I have been unable to find any specific instruction on how to do either. We are running Solaris 8. Any help would be greatly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stringman
3 Replies

6. Solaris

SSH enable, Telnet disable ...

Hi... How do I enable SSH and disable telnet.. Also - is there anything special I need to do to ensure that a new user can use ssh and su but not telnet? Adel (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArabOracle.com
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto enable/disable cron job

Hi all, Does anyone know if it is possible to enable/disable a cron job within a script? I currently have a cron job which runs every minute but now it seems that sometimes I would like to turn this job off if a condition is met. I would then like to re-enable the job at a later date. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pxy2d1
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable Enable/Disable Tab Key

Hi All, I have bash script, so what is sintax script in bash for Enable and Disable Tab Key. Thanks for your help.:( Thanks, Rico (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab: disable/enable

since i don't have root access, i have been doing: crontab -l > /tmp/username.crontab crontab -r vi /tmp/username.crontab and copy page crontab -e, and paste sometimes, /tmp/username.crontab has more than 1 page, so i have to copy twice. how do i copy all contents from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
2 Replies

10. Infrastructure Monitoring

OID to disable/enable printing

Hi @ all, we are a non-profit educational organisation. Now my company wants to disable printers, when a room is not used. I do a lot monitoring, using snmp. So I had the idea of disabling and enabling the printers by using snmp. After searching for hours, I only found some status-objects (ro)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karls0
1 Replies
lsusb(8)							Linux USB Utilities							  lsusb(8)

NAME
lsusb - list all USB devices SYNOPSIS
lsusb [options] DESCRIPTION
lsusb is a utility for displaying information about all USB buses in the system and all devices connected to them. To make use of all the features of this program, you need to have Linux kernel 2.3.15 or newer which supports the /proc/bus/usb interface. OPTIONS
-v Tells lsusb to be verbose and display detailed information about all devices. -vv Tells lsusb to be very verbose and display even more information (actually everything the PCI device is able to tell). -s [[<bus>]:][<devnum>]] Show only devices in specified bus and devnum. -d [<vendor>]:[<product>] Show only devices with specified vendor and product ID. Both ID's are given in hexadecimal and may be omitted. -p <procpath> Use another path instead of /proc/bus/usb. -D <device> Do not scan the /proc/bus/usb directory, instead display only information if the device whose device file is given. -t Tells lsusb to dump the physical USB device hierarchy as a tree. FILES
/usr/share/hwdata/usb.ids A list of all known USB ID's (vendors, products, classes, subclasses and protocols). /proc/bus/usb An interface to USB devices provided by the post-2.3.15 Linux kernels. Contains per-bus subdirectories with per-device files and a devices file containing a list of all USB devices. SEE ALSO
lspci(8) AUTHOR
Thomas Sailer, <sailer@ife.ee.ethz.ch>. usbutils-0.2 14 September 1999 lsusb(8)