Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Cannot see the IBM SAN storage Post 302442701 by achenle on Thursday 5th of August 2010 06:30:58 AM
Old 08-05-2010
Which version of Solaris?

And did you do a reconfigure reboot? Or run cfgadm? Easiest thing to do is:

Code:
reboot -- -r

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

IBM FastT600 SAN - RAID 5 Storage Manager Client v08.33.G5.03 - Recovery?

To summarize the problem: The "IBM FastT Storage Manager Client v8" shows that our Disk Farm is arranged into 6 logical drives each in a RAID 5 configuration. This software also shows that 5 of the 6 logical drives (from Disk Farm) are in a error state: "Failed Logical Drive - Drive Failure".... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aix-olympics
1 Replies

2. AIX

IBM SAN Storage DS4700 - Copy Mirror Flashcopy

Hello, Does anyone know how to copy SAN Storage logical disks from IBM TotalStorage Software. I have a SAN Logical Disk of 200GB mounted on my AIX LPAR_1 via fibre channel fcs0 I would like to make an exact copy of the SAN Logical Disk from IBM totalStorage and mount it on AIX LPAR_2 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
4 Replies

3. AIX

MPIO RDAC IBM SAN STORAGE DS4700 ?

Hello, I have AIX 6.1 with TL 4 and it is connected to IBM SAN STORAGE DS4700 After assigning some disks from SAN to AIX, I can see the disks in my AIX as hdisk2 Available 05-00-02 MPIO Other DS4K Array Disk hdisk3 Available 05-00-02 MPIO Other DS4K Array Disk But it should... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Storage from SAN

hi guys I installed Centos 5.5 (local disk). I am using 2 HBAs Now I mapped 5 LUNs from a Storage. I will be using LVM just to test I assigned a LUN I've read I have to use multipath to avoid my Centos see the LUN twice I enabled mdmpd and multipathd... something else I should do? ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopper
8 Replies

5. AIX

IBM SAN storage -- cache battery

Hello, I have IBM SAN STORAGE DS4100 and one of the cache battery for the controller is dead. Suddenly the performance has been degraded and access to SAN disks ( reading and writing ) became very slow ? My query: Replacing the battery will take 6 days, so in the mean time what are the ways... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. AIX

New to San Storage

Can anyone recommend a good book on san storage basics and how it communicates with an AIX server? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
1 Replies

7. AIX

IBM SAN STORAGE HOT SPARE DISK

Hello, I have DS4000 IBM SAN Storage ( aka FastT Storage ) One of my disks has failed and I had a hot spare disk covering all the arrays. As the disk failed, immediately the hotspare disk took over the failed disk ( see the JPEG in the attachment ) My Question: How can I make the hotspare... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. AIX

IBM SAN TO SAN Mirroring

Has anyone tried SAN to SAN mirroring on IBM DS SAN Storage. DS5020 mentions Enhanced Remote Mirror to multi-LUN applications I wonder if Oracle High availibility can be setup using Remote Mirror option of SAN ? (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. AIX

IBM AIX - SAN Storage DS4300 issue

Hi, This is follow up to the post https://www.unix.com/aix/233361-san-disk-appearing-double-aix.html When I connected Pseries Machine HBA Card ( Dual Port ) directly to the SAN Storage DS4300 , I was able to see Host Port Adapter WWN numbers , although I was getting this message... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
FILELOG(5)							AFS File Reference							FILELOG(5)

NAME
FileLog - Traces File Server operations DESCRIPTION
The FileLog file records a trace of File Server (fileserver process) operations on the local machine and describes any error conditions it encounters. If the FileLog file does not already exist in the /var/log/openafs directory when the File Server starts, the server process creates it and writes initial start-up messages to it. If there is an existing file, the File Server renames it to FileLog.old, overwriting the existing FileLog.old file if it exists. The file is in ASCII format. Administrators listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file can use the bos getlog command to display its contents. Alternatively, log onto the file server machine and use a text editor or a file display command such as the UNIX cat command. By default, the mode bits on the FileLog file grant the required "r" (read) permission to all users. The File Server records operations only as it completes them, and cannot recover from failures by reviewing the file. The log contents are useful for administrative evaluation of process failures and other problems. SEE ALSO
UserList(5), bos_getlog(8), fileserver(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FILELOG(5)