Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers the turn on color in vim editor Post 302442278 by ascetic on Wednesday 4th of August 2010 01:13:35 AM
Old 08-04-2010
hi Habitual,
Thanks for replying , but i entered the first line then its says command not found.

kashish@bng-lnx-shell1:~>yum install -y vim-enhanced.i689
yum: Command not found

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

vim editor

in vim editor, if i want to save that file, i have to save and exit (ZZ). i want to be able to save the file without exiting. that way, i can compile the code and if i need to change some coding, i can just switch over without retyping "vim myprogram.c". is there a way to save without exit?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bb00y
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vim as command line editor

Here is my problem, I manage a SunOs 5.8 Server, vi is the default command line editor, I have a line on each users .kshrc profile as follows: export EDITOR=/bin/vi I want to use vim as the command line editor, the below line doesn't work export EDITOR=/bin/vim Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tony3101
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change background color in VI editor

Hi, I am new to unix. How can i change the background color in vi? Thank you. -tictactoe (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tictactoe
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vim color

How can I change the color in Vim for *sh scripts for words which in brackets "words". In another words for string variables. As I know id depends on /usr/share/vim/vim71/syntax/sh.vim. But I can not find where exactly. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ctags in VIM Editor

Hi, I want to use ctags for multiple folders containing .c and .h files. Can anyone help me with it? I have been using ctags for 1 folder at a time but I would like to link multiple folders and access all .c files at a time using ctags. Thanks, shahsm (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shahsm
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Syntax coloring for .pc files in VIM editor

Hi, i am using VIM editor through Putty. By the option of Syntax on in .vimrc file i am able to see syntax colors in .c and .cpp files but not in the files with .pc extension. How can this be done? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RuchK
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tip: Simple script won't run in cygwin - vim editor involved

I ran into this issue and thanks to various postings in various forums, was able to figure out the solution but didn't see one posting that laid the whole issue out cleanly. So thought the following might help others ... ------------------------------------------------------------------------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oxysep
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

vim editor -> uncounted new line

Hi, I entered the following text in a new file through vim: "Four score and seven years ago" saved and exit. When I looked at the file size, it was 31B, although is supposed to be 30. I reedited the file (again with vim) to check for errors, but everything seemed fine. When I opened the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prostiiinet
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VIM Editor - To disable the status on existing

When i exist the vim editor .. to gives '0' in the console... i think it is status of the exit.. How to disable that ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
14 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Vim, vi and nano editor shows help.txt automatically

Hi, Whenever i try to open a file in any editor like vi, vim and nano i get this help.txt showing up in split screen without any key being pressed. This continues to pop up even when i close the help.txt. This behavior happens only when i am connected via putty. Is there a fix to this issue? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunil0391
1 Replies
yum-debug-dump(1)														 yum-debug-dump(1)

NAME
yum-debug-dump - write system RPM configuration to a debug-dump file SYNOPSIS
yum-debug-dump DESCRIPTION
yum-debug-dump is a program which creates a gzipped file containing a lot of information useful to developers trying to debug a problem. By default it will output a file to the current working directory named yum_debug_dump-<hostname>-<time>.txt.gz. This file contains no pri- vate information but does contain a complete list of all packages you have installed, all packages available in any repository, important configuration and system information. You can view this file using the 'zless' command. You can use the coresponding program yum-debug-restore to act on this file and restore a set of packages (much like dump/restore). FILES
As yum-debug-dump uses YUM libraries for retrieving all the information, it relies on YUM configuration for its default values like which repositories to use. Consult YUM documentation for details: /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum/repos.d/ /var/cache/yum/ SEE ALSO
yum-debug-restore (1) yum.conf (5) http://yum.baseurl.org/ AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There are of course no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. Seth Vidal 28 April 2008 yum-debug-dump(1)