Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? How Can We Increase the Size of Our Community? Post 302441965 by pludi on Tuesday 3rd of August 2010 03:49:03 AM
Old 08-03-2010
One possibility might be to encourage word of mouth. I got here after getting a reference by a colleague, who used a snippet of code he found.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to increase the size of the stack

Hi!!, could someone tell me how to increase the stack size in HP-UX? Thanx (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
7 Replies

2. HP-UX

increase size

Hi All, one of the mount point in Hp ux server has reached 95% its a data base file and can not be deleted. so i want to know how to increase the size of mount point i am new to unix ,please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyoti
1 Replies

3. Solaris

how to increase the size of the allotment

Hi all, I have a 130gb HDD of which 95b is taken up by various partitions of windows xp... I partitioned my HDD and gave solaris 10gb of space, but now owing to some development stuff i need to increase the space!!! How do i do it!! Please note that i do have ~20gb of space left still...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to increase the filesystem size?

Hi.. I want to increase the file system size of any filesystem online, without using the Volume manager like LVMs, is it possible? & if yes then how? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amol21
3 Replies

5. Solaris

increase Root size

Dear all, I am very new to solaris, I have installed solaris 10, i tried installing few softwares into file system, unfortunately system failed to install stating "No space left on device " i searched few threads and it says, we have to increase root size. where my root size is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhnki
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increase salt size

Unix protect its password by using salt It that mean larger the salt size the more secure? if the salt size increase greatly, will the password still able to be cracked? thank you for helping (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cryogen
1 Replies

7. Solaris

increase metadevice size

Hi, I am having two metadevices d50 and d100 which are used to created soft partitions as and when required. d50 and d100 are metadevices formed on different disks. d50 -- disks 0 & 1 d100 -- disks 2 & 3 I have a soft partition d70 os 50 GB on d50. Now there is no free space on d50. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sag71155
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increase size to sd[b-c]

hi guys I am working on my vmware workstation. I have a /dev/sdb which is 5GB. I am using LVM. Now I increase /dev/sdb 2 more GB. fdisk -l shows 7 GB but pvscan still shows 5GB. how do I make my system recognize the new 7GB added and be able to add those to my physical volumen and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kopper
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Swap size increase

Dear All, How to increase the swap size when physicall memory reaches 60 %. OR it can be only done after the physicall memory is full. Rgds Rj (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
8 Replies
WALL(1) 							   User Commands							   WALL(1)

NAME
wall -- write a message to users SYNOPSIS
wall [-n] [-t TIMEOUT] [file] DESCRIPTION
Wall displays the contents of file or, by default, its standard input, on the terminals of all currently logged in users. The command will cut over 79 character long lines to new lines. Short lines are white space padded to have 79 characters. The command will always put carriage return and new line at the end of each line. Only the super-user can write on the terminals of users who have chosen to deny messages or are using a program which automatically denies messages. Reading from a file is refused when the invoker is not superuser and the program is suid or sgid. OPTIONS
-n, --nobanner Supress banner -t, --timeout TIMEOUT Write timeout to terminals in seconds. Argument must be positive integer. Default value is 300 seconds, which is a legacy from time when people ran terminals over modem lines. -V, --version Output version and exit. -h, --help Output help and exit. SEE ALSO
mesg(1), talk(1), write(1), shutdown(8) HISTORY
A wall command appeared in Version 7 AT&T UNIX. AVAILABILITY
The wall command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux April 2011 util-linux