Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to delete partial duplicate lines unix Post 302441882 by C|KiLLeR|S on Monday 2nd of August 2010 10:07:46 PM
Old 08-02-2010
thanksssssss
I spent more than 4 hours trying to remove the duplicated lines Smilie
you saved me a lot of work Smilie
just one error
i did for this lines:
csh,vivy,123
csh,vivy,1234
but that deleted both lines Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete semi-duplicate lines from file?

Ok here's what I'm trying to do. I need to get a listing of all the mountpoints on a system into a file, which is easy enough, just using something like "mount | awk '{print $1}'" However, on a couple of systems, they have some mount points looking like this: /stage /stand /usr /MFPIS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paqman
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete duplicate lines and print to file

OK, I have read several things on how to do this, but can't make it work. I am writing this to a vi file then calling it as an awk script. So I need to search a file for duplicate lines, delete duplicate lines, then write the result to another file, say /home/accountant/files/docs/nodup ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bfurlong
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete or remove duplicate lines in a file

Hi please help me how to remove duplicate lines in any file. I have a file having huge number of lines. i want to remove selected lines in it. And also if there exists duplicate lines, I want to delete the rest & just keep one of them. Please help me with any unix commands or even fortran... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: reva
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete lines with duplicate strings based on date

Hey all, a relative bash/script newbie trying solve a problem. I've got a text file with lots of lines that I've been able to clean up and format with awk/sed/cut, but now I'd like to remove the lines with duplicate usernames based on time stamp. Here's what the data looks like 2007-11-03... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattv
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Partial Delete Lines

Hi, Need to delete line prior to (INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE). In case ' available, then keep that. Pls refet below details. Input ====================== l_s := ' INSERT INTO TEST' l_P PD := ' UPDATE INTO TEST' l_D := ' DELETE INTO TEST' This is test Output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhbaisakhi
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

In a huge file, Delete duplicate lines leaving unique lines

Hi All, I have a very huge file (4GB) which has duplicate lines. I want to delete duplicate lines leaving unique lines. Sort, uniq, awk '!x++' are not working as its running out of buffer space. I dont know if this works : I want to read each line of the File in a For Loop, and want to... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnix
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines in file containing duplicate strings, keeping longer strings

The question is not as simple as the title... I have a file, it looks like this <string name="string1">RZ-LED</string> <string name="string2">2.0</string> <string name="string2">Version 2.0</string> <string name="string3">BP</string> I would like to check for duplicate entries of... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete duplicate lines... with a twist!

Hi, I'm sorry I'm no coder so I came here, counting on your free time and good will to beg for spoonfeeding some good code. I'll try to be quick and concise! Got file with 50k lines like this: "Heh, heh. Those darn ninjas. They're _____."*wacky The "canebrake", "timber" & "pygmy" are types... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadowww
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Duplicate identification using partial matches

Hi , I have a column with names. I would want to match names which match either completely or partially and capture them in separate column like below. Input Abc dbc abc xyz def bcd abc ggg xxx abc xxx Output| Duplicate Abc|abc xyz |abc ggg |xxx abc xxx... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Delete duplicate like pattern lines

Hi I need to delete duplicate like pattern lines from a text file containing 2 duplicates only (one being subset of the other) using sed or awk preferably. Input: FM:Chicago:Development FM:Chicago:Development:Score SR:Cary:Testing:Testcases PM:Newyork:Scripting PM:Newyork:Scripting:Audit... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
6 Replies
PLSURF3D(3plplot)						    PLplot API							 PLSURF3D(3plplot)

NAME
plsurf3d - Plot shaded 3-d surface plot SYNOPSIS
plsurf3d(x, y, z, nx, ny, opt, clevel, nlevel) DESCRIPTION
Plots a three dimensional shaded surface plot within the environment set up by plw3d(3plplot). The surface is defined by the two-dimen- sional array z[nx][ny], the point z[i][j] being the value of the function at (x[i], y[j]). Note that the points in arrays x and y do not need to be equally spaced, but must be stored in ascending order. For further details see the PLplot documentation. Redacted form: plsurf3d(x, y, z, opt, clevel) This function is not used in any examples. ARGUMENTS
x (PLFLT *, input) Pointer to set of x coordinate values at which the function is evaluated. y (PLFLT *, input) Pointer to set of y coordinate values at which the function is evaluated. z (PLFLT **, input) Pointer to a vectored two-dimensional array with set of function values. nx (PLINT, input) Number of x values at which function is evaluated. ny (PLINT, input) Number of y values at which function is evaluated. opt (PLINT, input) Determines the way in which the surface is represented. To specify more than one option just add the options, e.g. FACETED + SURF_CONT opt=FACETED: Network of lines is drawn connecting points at which function is defined. opt=BASE_CONT: A contour plot is drawn at the base XY plane using parameters nlevel and clevel. opt=SURF_CONT: A contour plot is drawn at the surface plane using parameters nlevel and clevel. opt=DRAW_SIDES: draws a curtain between the base XY plane and the borders of the plotted function. opt=MAG_COLOR: the surface is colored according to the value of Z; if MAG_COLOR is not used, then the default the surface is colored according to the intensity of the reflected light in the surface from a light source whose position is set using pllight- source(3plplot). clevel (PLFLT *, input) Pointer to the array that defines the contour level spacing. nlevel (PLINT, input) Number of elements in the clevel array. AUTHORS
Geoffrey Furnish and Maurice LeBrun wrote and maintain PLplot. This man page was automatically generated from the DocBook source of the PLplot documentation, maintained by Alan W. Irwin and Rafael Laboissiere. SEE ALSO
PLplot documentation at http://plplot.sourceforge.net/resources. August, 2012 PLSURF3D(3plplot)