Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Uploading a file in ftp by culr? Post 302441606 by hakermania on Sunday 1st of August 2010 03:21:21 PM
Old 08-01-2010
PHP

Thank you for the information. I noticed that the password "lefts" the PC as plain text, and a sniffer (like wireshark) can easily capture it and thief it. So anyone can have my passwd. Is there any option to make the passwd encrypted or something?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Uploading a flat file into the database.

I want to upload a text file into the database. what is the command for that? Thanks in Advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Balkrishna
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple script uploading *.dem files to an ftp

Hello.. i want to create a simple script that's upload all the *.dem files from one directory to ftp and then delete them. Any help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TuXaKoS
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Uploading a Directory via FTP in the Command Line

Hello, Is there a way to upload a directory via ftp in the command line in a single line? I'd be looking for something like this: ftp -username me -password 12345 /Users/me/mywebsitefolder /publichtml/ But I can't figure out the proper syntax. Thank you for any help. -Grey (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wellington_grey
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Issue With File Permissions while uploading

one of the business users is ftping files into unix box using user name ftp_user, where as i am using infa_user to login into same unix box. When i am trying to access those or copy over those files from upload directory it says permission denied. Though i know the password of ftp_user to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in uploading file using sftp

Hi I'm using this script to upload a file from local system to sftp server. But in the log file i'm getting an error "Error during upload" Can you please help me out ... ### CONFIGURATION LOCAL_DIR=/abc/out FILE_MASK="File*.txt" LOG_DIR=/abc/error/File_`date "+%Y%m%d%H%M%S"`.LOG... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jaychandra
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

[Solved] Unable to rename file in ftp server .Net:FTP perl

Hello All, I am trying to connect to ftp server and get the files. Also i need to rename the file in other ftp dir. rename method is not allowing me to rename the file in other dir. When i tried copy command by using net::FTP:FILE then perl says it is not installed. Can some body help me to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell: uploading file from UNIX server to sharepoint server

Is it possible to upload a file from unix server to sharepoint server through shell or perl scripting. I have the sharepoint link where it needs to be uploaded. Could you please share your views on this ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl , uploading empty file.

Hi The below script used to work fine. Suddenly it's uploading empty file. I am very new to perl. Please help me to find out the problem. #!/usr/bin/perl #script: upload.pl use CGI qw/:standard/; print header, start_html('File upload'); print_form(); print_results() if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SFTP Resticting Only Uploading Of A File

I have setup our SFTP server: SFTP Setup: /etc/ssh/sshd_config: Subsystem sftp internal-sftp Match Group sftpusers PasswordAuthentication yes ChrootDirectory /srv/sftponly AllowTCPForwarding no X11Forwarding no ForceCommand internal-sftp Adding the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Simple Shellscript for uploading files to a specific folder on a ftp-server?

hi! Iam using my D-link DNS-320 (NAS) with fun_plug installed (a unix client) I am currently using cron to run a shellscript running a java-application that creates a couple of txt files. These files needs to be uploaded to a specific folder on my webhosts ftp server-account. I need a... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nigge
16 Replies
pwconv(1M)						  System Administration Commands						pwconv(1M)

NAME
pwconv - installs and updates /etc/shadow with information from /etc/passwd SYNOPSIS
pwconv DESCRIPTION
The pwconv command creates and updates /etc/shadow with information from /etc/passwd. pwconv relies on a special value of 'x' in the password field of /etc/passwd. This value of 'x' indicates that the password for the user is already in /etc/shadow and should not be modified. If the /etc/shadow file does not exist, this command will create /etc/shadow with information from /etc/passwd. The command populates /etc/shadow with the user's login name, password, and password aging information. If password aging information does not exist in /etc/passwd for a given user, none will be added to /etc/shadow. However, the last changed information will always be updated. If the /etc/shadow file does exist, the following tasks will be performed: Entries that are in the /etc/passwd file and not in the /etc/shadow file will be added to the /etc/shadow file. Entries that are in the /etc/shadow file and not in the /etc/passwd file will be removed from /etc/shadow. Password attributes (for example, password and aging information) that exist in an /etc/passwd entry will be moved to the corre- sponding entry in /etc/shadow. The pwconv command can only be used by the super-user. FILES
/etc/opasswd /etc/oshadow /etc/passwd /etc/shadow ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
passwd(1), passmgmt(1M), usermod(1M), passwd(4), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
pwconv exits with one of the following values: 0 SUCCESS. 1 Permission denied. 2 Invalid command syntax. 3 Unexpected failure. Conversion not done. 4 Unexpected failure. Password file(s) missing. 5 Password file(s) busy. Try again later. 6 Bad entry in /etc/shadow file. SunOS 5.10 9 Mar 1993 pwconv(1M)